User Tag List

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Omg, dh and i are such suckers!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Sorry everyone for not posting after we got back from the vets yesterday. I spent the balance of the day cleaning up diarrhea, puke and giving cuddles. Maggie became very, very, very ill after we got home. Here is the lowdown......Maggie weighs 11 ounces and is so very very tiny. The vet feels the she is probably about 6 or 7 weeks old, judging by her teeth and the fontanelle (soft spot) on her head. She is extremely tiny and underweight. She does have parasites and she needed to be treated for them immediately. The vet gave her 3 different shots, plus I have 2 to give her today. I was told that they would probably make her very ill due to her weight, so I played nurse and momma all day and night with our tiny Maggie. It doesn't appear that she has heartworm (which was my really big worry), and she does not have mange or any bugs on her, but her tiny body is riddled with bug bites. The et said most were flea, and spider bites??? I have been instructed how to look after those and given an antibiotic cream to look after them. I also need to feed her glucose every 2 hours, so I had to purchase a tube of that as well. Apparently, her blood sugar is all over the place and she could easily go into convulsions (I think she actually has done that already, the first day we got her). The glucose will keep her blood sugars from falling to dangerous levels. So, all in all, it's good news as she should pull through if we continue doing what we have been doing. She will go back to the vet on Feb 8 for another weigh in and more meds and her second set of shots. The vet feels that she SHOULD pull through but has told me that the next month is very very important in her little life. The food I have been giving her is good and the vet said just continue with that for now, even though she is older, she is just to tiny. Soooo, for the next while, dh and I, and Marley, just continue to give her all the love and nurturing she deserves and keep our fingers crossed. This morning, she still has diarrhea, but did not get sick. I'm so sorry to everyone for not updating you all yesterday as you have all been my strength when I was ready to cry and give up. I really appreciate you all and your support. Please keep Maggie in your prayers, and together we WILL pull her through!
    abbasgirl, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Even though our Maggie is so tiny, and ill, she still makes me laugh. I took this picture of her last night, she was sleeping and the flash woke her up so I got a second picture, this one, just look at her tiny littles legs, crossed She's such a little lady

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, she is SO very sweet!

Wishing her all the best, and I hope she'll do great - after all, she has the most amazing caregivers!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks for the update hollyquaiser.
    Spider bites - not nice. The previous "owner" was very negligent in caring for the puppies.
    Sounds like you had a good vet - knows his stuff and gave you the news you needed to know.
    Maggie is lucky to have three nurses - you, your DH and Marley.
    Love the pic with the legs crossed
    Andit, Insane, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Strategic Shopper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you Holly for the update. We have all been holding our breath until word has come through. All in all it is not bad news and I believe that your love and good care will pull her through. She is so adorable and so deserves a chance. She is also very lucky to find herself with such caring people. It might seem like a long road now but it will pass in no time. Many people claim to be animal lovers but it is times like this that truly show who is. Bless all of you and our little Maggie; may she grow big and strong and return the love your are giving her X10.... Go Maggie Go.....we are all with you!!!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Holly, you sure did give this old gal a scare! I'm sure a few more white hairs just turned whiter! lol!
    I'm so, so happy for so many reasons...the care she's receiving from her 3 'nurses', the vet, for not giving up on her, and for Maggie herself...for the will to survive all packed into that tiny little body with her legs crossed!
    NovaScotiaCouponLady is so right....put in your position, how many of us would go to the lengths you all have gone through to save that little one? Well...WE all would, of course, but not everyone cares so deeply for a new little soul like Maggie.
    I'll keep her and you, your hubby and Marley in my thoughts and prayers...you all deserve it, and I know Maggie will be such a light in your lives!! {{{{{Hugs, Dear Friend}}}}}...Lynn
    Andit, hollyquaiscer and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

n This is the baby sock I bought in the clearance bin at K-mart the other day. I cut holes in it to make a tiny sweater for Maggie. She wears it when I take her outside, by the way which she loves. Sunshine and cement, her 2 favorite things lately, lol

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Spider and flea bites...ouch. The poor thing must be so itchy! Maybe a baking soda bath will soothe her a bit?

Glad you now know what's wrong so you can fix it.
    Andit, Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Maggie looks so happy. She's a lucky puppy that you went to the flea market that day.
    Marley and Maggie look like they were meant to find one another.
    Thanks for updating.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Man! How unbelievably CUTE is SHE!! I am sooooooo happy things are going well. I hope the diarhea gets under control. . .wouldn't want to lose too much fluid out of that little body. . .
    It's awesome you have the "tools" to help her through this now. No matter what, you are giving this little tyke the "Lovin' of a Lifetime"!
    Due to her young age, be prepared for her to bond more strongly with you than other pups. As soon as you are able, you will need to start "leaving" her for as long a period that is safe. That will help her to NOT develop separation anxiety issues later on.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's a baby sock.......truly unbelievable, Holly...and Marley looks like she's really keeping an eye on her and she looks very proud of her new role as "mommy"..
    Keep the pics coming...she's just got the sweetest face!!
    Andit and hollyquaiscer like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

holly, thanks a million for the update. The pictures are just giving me goosebemps! I mean even if a person is NOT a dog lover tell me that face and those crossed legs would not convert a person? Lucky beyond all imagination, Maggie is.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I mean even if a person is NOT a dog lover tell me that face and those crossed legs would not convert a person?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

omg that pic of her with her legs crossed.. thats hilarious.. she's so cute.

with all the love she's being surrounded by its bound to do some good. you take all the time you need to help her.. will be here cheering you on.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    That's a baby sock.......truly unbelievable, Holly...and Marley looks like she's really keeping an eye on her and she looks very proud of her new role as "mommy"..
    Keep the pics coming...she's just got the sweetest face!!
    Yep, the smallest sock possible, of coarse it's stretched out on her. She always looks so big in the pictures because she stretches out with her tiny legs behind her, but she isn't as long as a pop can is tall Miss Maggie has stolen everyone's hearts, even around the rv park here. Late yesterday afternoon, after we got home from the market, it was really hot and sunny, so we took Miss Maggie out for a walk with Marley. It was so very cute, Marley would walk a bit on her leash, then stop and turn around and wait for Miss Maggie to catch up, then she would walk a bit further and turn around again. Our tiny Maggie was able to walk the equivalent of about a city block I couldn't believe it. She had a fabulous day, was playing and loves the outdoors. She was chasing Marley around and the 2 of them were playing. today I'm going to dig out the video camera and see if I can get some video of the 2 of them to post. Tiny Maggie has also stolen the hearts of people in the park. Everyone that saw her tiny paws just a goin down the pavement yesterday had to stop and ask questions and pick her up and give her hugs. And of coarse, the tiny thing was just loving every moment of it
    abbasgirl, Andit, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information