User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: omg, I finally passed my G today!! the fouth time is a charm!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is my third time around for the G Driving exam and is a failure again.....OMG, when am I ever going to pass this @@@@! I seen people pass with one try, why the heck is it sooo hard for me. is always...."no mirror check", crap I had been looking the mirror, I don't get how is consider looking at mirror or not for them....I don't even know how much $ I already spent on this already, I always pay an instructor for lesson and stuff. so in my driving history, I did G1X2, G2X2, GX3.. .....had like at least 60 or more lessons. Pay $40/1.5hr for lessons, registration fee is $75 everytime.....yeah, do the math.....i had already spent a forture on this, still couldn't get my G. May be as my bf said I should just get off the Road!

I m so down now, I had to make a chocolate Lemon cake to feel better(used the $.88 BC cake mix)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty
    Last edited by cinpow; Wed, Apr 3rd, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Shwa Girl and oscarandme like this.

At the end of the rainbow potohgold's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With driving tests, I like to use the analogy of stage makeup. Stage actors use exaggerated makeup so their expressions can be seen by the audience. So is the same with driving test indicators. If you're checking a mirror, you need to exaggerate your head movement so your examiner can't help but notice. It may feel ridiculous but that's the way it is.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i m going to try for G again asap, my G2 is expiring in July, I do not want to do G1 and G2 for the third time............

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by potohgold View Post
    With driving tests, I like to use the analogy of stage makeup. Stage actors use exaggerated makeup so their expressions can be seen by the audience. So is the same with driving test indicators. If you're checking a mirror, you need to exaggerate your head movement so your examiner can't help but notice. It may feel ridiculous but that's the way it is.
    I just pictured that and it was too funny!
    oscarandme likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i passed my G1 and my G2 first shot, went for my full G, failed because I ''Hit the curb'' while parallel parking.
    WTF
    I told the instructor to get the F out of my car now, when he told me after i completed the ENTIRE test that i failed almost immediately.
    oh was i mad! SO i waited about half a year and went for a few more lessons and nailed the parallel parking.
    Come test time i passed! I nearly kissed the lady haah

You know how many times I've parallel parked since? I can count on less than 1 hand.
    its a total cash grab I tell ya

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

actually this time around was at lindsay which was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy easier then port union, where I failed twice my G there before. I thought I did good this time, but I still failed by 2 points........but I felt it was so easy at lindsay that I will just going to go there on my own next time with my own car. but it was really far away, I live in Markham. need to drive an hour to get to lindsay, the center had Target there. I felt so stupid to fail at such easy testing route. sigh......is just sad.......I will make sure I turn head left and right every 10 secs like a rag doll next time around.
    Last edited by cinpow; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.
    kristeven likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

The only advice I can offer, like potohgold said, it to exaggerate checking your mirrors, your blind spots. When you get to a light and you are checking right or left, make sure you lean forward to show that you are checking for cars.
    I failed my G2 once and didn't redo it for almost 2 years!
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Book your next test in a small town with no highways, they do all the same test but less traffic which might make you less nervous. Or try a different Drivetest center, some are worse for failing than others(a huge study was done on this a couple of years ago and the GTA has some of the highest fail rates in the province). Also exaggerate every shoulder check, mirror check etc, if they can't see you do it they'll assume you aren't even though you're probably checking them like a normal person would when driving.
    I know how you feel, I failed my G2 test 3 times before I passed.
    oscarandme likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by potohgold View Post

My driving instructor told me that too. Make sure you look like you're looking rather than glancing at the mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    i

You know how many times I've parallel parked since? I can count on less than 1 hand.
    its a total cash grab I tell ya
    I passed back in 1994( British test) and I've counted 1 parallel park in that length of time. I've never PP in Canada since every time I'm started , everythings on the "wrong" side for me.
    gourmetsue, Candini and oscarandme like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is there waiting period before I can book my next test?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I agree. You need to exaggerate your movements to make it totally obvious to your examiner.

I got my license way before all this graduated levels crap (thank goodness) and from the time I passed to when I moved up to Toronto, I could count the number of times I parallel parked on one hand. But once I moved to Toronto, I parallel parked on a daily basis for several years so it did come in handy.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Going to be another person who says exaggerate checking your mirrors/blind spots. I was actually told that I need to turn my head all the way and not just turn my eyes before I did my G2 test, still got a few points taken off though lol.

I failed my first G2 test but I think it was because Grandpa was having a bad day. He lied on the paper he handed in saying I couldn't park, couldn't turn corners properly or drive on a curved road and I failed completely to do a three point turn oh and that I completely flew by a stop sign. All of it was a lie and it was no surprise that 3 weeks later I passed with almost flying colours with a different examiner.

I think the examiners need to realise that having them in our cars while driving makes us nervous like crazy. I cannot even begin to describe how nervous. I tried to tell the second guy and he was completely understandable unlike the first idiot who didn't even say hi to me when I did to him at the very beginning.

Your G test has to be done on a highway so it really doesn't matter whether you go to a smaller town or not you will still be going on that highway.

As well, my first G2 test I didn't have to parallel park but my second I did and it was the first time I had ever done it. Winged it completely. It definitely needed some improvement but my instructor was satisfied enough.

Oh and also, signal for EVERYTHING. I cannot stress this enough. If you are approaching a dead end street but are going to make a slight bend in the road to keep going pass the dead end SIGNAL! Learnt my lesson on that one.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I took this from the MTO site

"At the end of each test, the examiner will give you a complete report of your skills and explain any mistakes you have made. If you fail the test, the report will show you where you need to improve. When you have had more practice, you can make an appointment to take the test again. You must wait at least 10 days between tests."
    Last edited by xox2010; Tue, Mar 19th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, that's too bad! I don't remember having to be really obvious about checking my mirrors, but that might work. I think I got off lucky passing the first time because the instructor scared the living daylights out of me at the first intersection. I was in the process of going through when he yelled "Whoa!!!" and then, "Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't notice the light was green!" So I think he felt bad and cut me some slack for nerves.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Tried a short skirt? Worked for me!
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information