User Tag List

Page 271 of 654 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    I tried NetFlix 2ish years ago and didn't like it. The quality was grainy/pixel-y...I probably lasted 15 minutes on there lol. Maybe it's improved over the years? A lot of my shows are online anyway so I survive happily without NetFlix. I always saw people using Redbox at the grocery stores so I'm a bit surprised they weren't successful here. Ah well.
    It was really crappy 2x years ago. DH had recently moved from the US and compared it and said it was crap. Apparently theyve tried a lot recently to fix it. They have some Netflix only shows now like House of Cards, Arrested Development, Orange is the New Black. Haven't watched those yet but they win a lot of Emmys so I think it's worth a try when I get some time
    toronto166 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    It was really crappy 2x years ago. DH had recently moved from the US and compared it and said it was crap. Apparently theyve tried a lot recently to fix it. They have some Netflix only shows now like House of Cards, Arrested Development, Orange is the New Black. Haven't watched those yet but they win a lot of Emmys so I think it's worth a try when I get some time
    Netflix only shows?! Had no idea they even existed. But then again, I don't watch US/Canadian telly. British for me all the way. And I love me some foreign telly with English subtitles too.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Random disheartening rant:

I set up a gofundme account to help the people of Nunavut get the food, formula, and supplies they need and posted it on facebook (many affluent relatives/friends) and no donations.

Less of a rant, more of a mope.
    toronto166 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaPantz View Post
    Random disheartening rant:

I set up a gofundme account to help the people of Nunavut get the food, formula, and supplies they need and posted it on facebook (many affluent relatives/friends) and no donations.

Less of a rant, more of a mope.
    Best way to make money for a charity is to do something about it yourself. Skip the latte and save the $3. Have a car wash with the proceeds going to it.
    This may sound heartless, and I don't mean to be mean. But you give first and maybe people will follow your lead.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Found the perfect Valentines day present for dh and of course it's out of stock online and in every store near me.
    Burned a hole in my couch while trying to clean it and washed my new white duvet(with NOTHING else in the washing machine) and it came out with black marks I can't get off all over it.
    Went to get my hair cut and my hair dresser informed me that I was walking around with dd's dirty boot print on the back of my thigh.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Myself and my friend (both living under the "poverty line" have already purchased over $100 worth of dried goods, and sent it to a food bank there. I am currently working with the facebook group to meet once I get back, and see what we can do for fundraising on a more personal level either at the University or even bottle collection (community collection/door to door).

So, nope, I am definitely not asking people to do something outrageous, or different than what I have already done myself
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

My top wisdom teeth need to come out...Has anyone done it awake?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponteen101 View Post
    My top wisdom teeth need to come out...Has anyone done it awake?
    I have assisted with many extractions of this nature, for fully awake patients and fully anaesthetized patients and even partially sedated patients. The uppers are usually easier than lowers. You should be fine. That being said, it is never fun to go through this. Deep breath; think of things that make you happy, and do what the dentist tells you to do afterwards. Good luck! You'll be OK.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

DH said that he'd help do plumbing at his brothers. He told me he was doing it last Saturday. Calls Friday night to confirm and finds out the counters aren't being installed until Monday so he decides to go Thursday after work.

He skips dinner and seeing our kids to drive 20+ mins to help his brother.

He gets there and the counter hasn't been finished! So then he spends ALL night helping with other things. I'm not sure why his brother couldn't have made sure things were ready when he knew he was coming??? He finally got home at 11:30 on a WORK night (still had to shower etc) and says he has to go back this Sunday.

Meanwhile I told him not to make plans this weekend because I needed him.

So off he goes at 10am. Says he'll be a couple of hours. YEAH RIGHT! I call him at 3pm (5 hours later) and he hasn't started! WTH? He had to plow his brothers freaking driveway to get in because his car got stuck pulling in. Seriously you freakin' know someone is coming to help and you can't be prepared? Not once but twice? No wonder your house is a month + behind. Get your **** together.

So now he has wasted an entire day. I have a lot of things for DH to do to prepare for our upcoming trip and now it looks like I get to do them all. I've already done 80% but it would have been nice to have some freakin help! Especially for cleaning the van, getting the oil changed, etc.

So beyond annoyed.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    I have assisted with many extractions of this nature, for fully awake patients and fully anaesthetized patients and even partially sedated patients. The uppers are usually easier than lowers. You should be fine. That being said, it is never fun to go through this. Deep breath; think of things that make you happy, and do what the dentist tells you to do afterwards. Good luck! You'll be OK.
    Thanks for the advice! Everyone I know has been asleep, so I wasn't sure what to do. I think I would prefer to be awake though. I just hope I don't freak out…

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the advice! Everyone I know has been asleep, so I wasn't sure what to do. I think I would prefer to be awake though. I just hope I don't freak out…
    There is always a slight risk with general anaesthetic, so I think you're doing the right thing to have local. Plus, general anaesthetic is considerably more expensive. It will feel weird, for sure, when your dentist removes the tooth, but this process will save you from hurting in the long run. Most adults don't have room for their wisdom teeth, so when they try to grow in, they push on the other teeth, and that can hurt like hell. Honestly, I'd recommend practising imagining something that really makes you happy....a favourite birthday party or your first kiss or your first kid or ... well, you get the picture. One of my favourite memories is summer vacation with my family. Just "go there" in your mind while you're sitting in the dentist's chair, and focus on breathing. Ain't nothing but good stuff happen' here....LOL. You can do this.
    couponteen101 likes this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    There is always a slight risk with general anaesthetic, so I think you're doing the right thing to have local. Plus, general anaesthetic is considerably more expensive. It will feel weird, for sure, when your dentist removes the tooth, but this process will save you from hurting in the long run. Most adults don't have room for their wisdom teeth, so when they try to grow in, they push on the other teeth, and that can hurt like hell. Honestly, I'd recommend practising imagining something that really makes you happy....a favourite birthday party or your first kiss or your first kid or ... well, you get the picture. One of my favourite memories is summer vacation with my family. Just "go there" in your mind while you're sitting in the dentist's chair, and focus on breathing. Ain't nothing but good stuff happen' here....LOL. You can do this.

The expense of it is another reason why i would rather be awake. It doesn't take much to max out dental insurance. Ahaha. The main reason I'm getting the top ones out is because one is stuck, and I'm nervous about them shifting my teeth (I am lucky to have naturally very straight teeth, and don't want braces later.) the bottom ones need to come out eventually, but I'm opting to wait on those.

My siblings all have horror stories so your comment is pretty reassuring. I tend to hold my breath in the dentists' chair but I'm going to try to focus on something happy. Now I just have to figure out how to fit he appointment in so I can still go to class.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ugghh people who push and shove to be the first in line. courtesy makes life run so much smoothly, try it for the love of god!
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 10:28 AM.
    GoJays and saveadollardiva like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ugghh people who push and shove to be the first in line. courtesy makes life run so much smoothly, try it for the love of god!
    GOD I hate that too. When people push me in line, I push back, see how quick they stop lol. But, I understand, like, life is not about rushing and being rude.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

The expense of it is another reason why i would rather be awake. It doesn't take much to max out dental insurance. Ahaha. The main reason I'm getting the top ones out is because one is stuck, and I'm nervous about them shifting my teeth (I am lucky to have naturally very straight teeth, and don't want braces later.) the bottom ones need to come out eventually, but I'm opting to wait on those.

My siblings all have horror stories so your comment is pretty reassuring. I tend to hold my breath in the dentists' chair but I'm going to try to focus on something happy. Now I just have to figure out how to fit he appointment in so I can still go to class.

I don't want to scare you, but I had all 4 of mine removed, 2 were impacted.. fully awake, and it was one of the most awful experiences i've ever gone through.
    If I could go back in time I would have paid the difference to be put under.
    Like I said I'm not trying to scare you but it is VERY VERY uncomfortable exeperience IMHO.
    GoJays likes this.

Thread Information