User Tag List

Page 522 of 654 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 572 622 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Here is my issue with this. You don't decorate for Remembrance Day. And I am so so so bleeping sick of people insinuating I have no respect for remembrance day because I'm excited for Christmas too. I CAN purchase my kids gifts early and he'll even put up a tree if I want to AND wear a poppy and go to a Remembrance Day parade. I realize this is a shocking concept for most people... but I don't decorate my house nor do I gift give for Remembrance Day (like most everyone?) I think this is a backwards way for people who a grinchy about Christmas getting their panties in a twist. Furthermore stores have to have product out BEFORE the holiday starts. It's just how things work. Back to school, Halloween, etc etc etc it's all the same just no one es about it. So sorry but it's a crap argument. You don't want to do the Christmas thing early, power to you. But can you leave everyone who is excited alone? You being a general you to everyone who is going to at me for not respecting veterans. Why do the two need to be mutually related!? And stores are moving Halloween stock to be DISCOUNTED you should have seen the swarms at all three stores I visited today. Literally nothing to do with Christmas. So there is my rant.
    Wow! Don't get your wand in a knot! The rant section is for people to express their frustrations with issues in life. If we can't be able to post something for fears of someone taking offence then why have a rants section?
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Wow! Don't get your wand in a knot! The rant section is for people to express their frustrations with issues in life. If we can't be able to post something for fears of someone taking offence then why have a rants section?
    That was my rant. Every year people go on a war about when it's appropriate to talk about Christmas. And I'm personally over it. You do you. I'll do me. But don't say I'm disrespectful to veterans because I utter the word Christmas before November 11th. I don't understand why people get their own panties in a wad because a store has decorations out. Makes zero sense for a store to take down Halloween stuff. Have empty seasonal area for two weeks waiting for Remembrance Day and then put up Christmas decor or whatever. If it's not your thing cool. Wait. But can everyone stop acting like it's a cardinal sin and that those who are excited for Christmas don't care about our veterans? Kind of painting everyone with the same brush. My rant was about this because t drives me CRAZY every year. I could have not quoted I guess but it's a valid rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Staying at hotel in downtown Toronto for 5 days. Room is right behind the elevator. Wow is it loud! Hotel is sold out for large conference. Doubt I am going to be able to change rooms. Oh well at least it is not Santa clause parade weekend. One time we had a marching band on our floor. Up and down the hall they went playing their instruments all night long. Tomorrow Mariah Carey will be performing at the Christmas window unveiling at the bay/ Saks...think it is going to be crazy busy..might have to find somewhere across town to hang out for a while

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

^^^^^ Brave you staying at a hotel. Just don't go over it with a black light.....scary
    Just call me Wolfie

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    ^^^^^ Brave you staying at a hotel. Just don't go over it with a black light.....scary
    Laughs...I love watching Hotel Hell. For such a big man Gordon can be a wuss sometimes...When it's dirty beyond compare.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Or maybe they have allergies.....I sniff a lot even with allergy medication, nasal rinses, nasal spray, etc. Doctor said it was normal for allergies/sinus issues. Sorry if it offends - in some cases it can't be helped.
    thats me too - can't be helped when my sinuses are a mess and now after sinus surgery I have intense post nasal drip and cough and blow my nose ALOT
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

^ Allergies are understandable.

This woman in particular though was having a sniffing fit though. Like a dog, sniffsniffsniff, multiple times in a matter of a few seconds. Over and over again. Rather annoying.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and Lyssia510 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

DH broke my blender.......stripped the gears out of it. Another reason I don't like him in the kitchen. SCARY STUFF HAPPENS!!'
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Washed my bedding - all nice and clean and my cat had an accident on it.....now I have to wash them again.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and wolfwoman like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Laughs...I love watching Hotel Hell. For such a big man Gordon can be a wuss sometimes...When it's dirty beyond compare.
    Bacteria and viruses can take down big men just as well as small men (or women). I'm sure he's had to take several courses on food microbiology in his life. I've had friends who've taken that course and can't bring themselves to drink milk on the expiry date. But, according to a colleague in the industry, the levels can take up to a week to actually affect you. And that's why we can still eat bread with mold as long as the colonies are still too small to see, supermarkets can get away with repackaging two weeks old meat, etc. Thank goodness for immune systems!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    I got duped! Someone impersonating me by making FB profile with my name! WTF
    Update: it my own bro LOL! SO story is that he wanted to see if he can change his name to a 'weird one' for 'fun'; well its not common for people to ask me 'ya but whats you real name'. Now he is stuck with the name until 90 days. THATS so funny!

I seriously don't have any true enemy; well ohk I thought may be its this abusive weird/psycho indian dude who did once hacked my Facebook account. *goosebumps*

SO thats solve it all YES
    Last edited by Arvilish; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2016 at 05:15 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Washed my bedding - all nice and clean and my cat had an accident on it.....now I have to wash them again.
    LOL!! I feel your pain. I've just put on fresh bedding and my slough loving mastiff jumped into it. So hi ho hi ho off to wash I go
    Last edited by wolfwoman; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2016 at 05:49 PM.
    Just call me Wolfie

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Bacteria and viruses can take down big men just as well as small men (or women). I'm sure he's had to take several courses on food microbiology in his life. I've had friends who've taken that course and can't bring themselves to drink milk on the expiry date. But, according to a colleague in the industry, the levels can take up to a week to actually affect you. And that's why we can still eat bread with mold as long as the colonies are still too small to see, supermarkets can get away with repackaging two weeks old meat, etc. Thank goodness for immune systems!

I know...I spent 12 years working in the water industry as a scientist. I did my fair share of micro and still a pretty good aseptic technique.

Gordon is definitely a clean freak given the industry he works in, patrons getting seriously ill is very much a no-no. I shudder when I see some of the kitchens in Hotel Hell or Kitchen Nightmares. IIRC, there was only been a few where he has commended the cleanliness..One of them being the now infamous Amy's Baking Company.

Working with sewage on a regular basis certainly makes the ole immune system super-powerful. Which is why I never fell ill with any kind of stomach bug on holiday even when eating or drinking at road-side food stall in third world countries...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it's the only way the poor living amid the filth in the slums of Mumbai could survive

By the way, conspiracy theories are a conspiracy to make
    people believe there's is nothing you can believe to be true.

Of course, this may be a conspiracy on my part as well.

Stay tuned next week for my rant against rant threads....it's sure to be a classic!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

So exhausted that I have started talking in my sleep and started sleepwalking. I have not done any of this since I was a kid. So great, one more thing to worry about.
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information