User Tag List

Page 597 of 654 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 595 596 597 598 599 607 647 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

husband fell down a baby hill near home one week ago - he landed on his knee really swollen and bruised. so all week I am his nurse and he used google to diagnose his knee as broken, then knee cap broken and went to a doctor it was a muscle contusion
    men are a big baby when they are sick..
    GoJays, DaveP, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

totally agree about shoppers being RUDE, i had to go to the mall for some xmas bags & dollarama was Insane...people were literaly breathing down my back. then trying to get on the bus only to have young men butt in front....im almost 60 for christ sake. and why oh why does every old man on the bus smell like urine or garlic?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

linda-totally agree yesterday went out with my daughter-in-law and almost 1 month old granddaughter just to a plaza near us -and 2 people in cars cut her off one whipped in to a spot from the other side even thou she had her turn signal on -unreal no patience at all and that is why we love doing on-line shopping ,myself ,daughter-in-law and my daughter
    JadeAngel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

rant for me -waking up at 3.30 to 4.30 a.m everyday lately ,I am not stressed mind you I am menopausal anyway not fun at all (went to bed 9.30 last night so still got 6 hours sleep )but still could be the meds I am on also who knows -lol
    JadeAngel, cath007 and wolfwoman like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Normally, I don't post rants about my family issues, but this is one that got right down to the core of who I am and I can't contain myself and need to rant about it. Yesterday my father met with his mother (My Grandmother/ Nonna) to try to mend the relationship between them (Stems from quite a while regarding my father remarrying to my step mother who she does not like for a multitude of ridiculous reasons). Well, my father showed to my grandmother the news article on my coupoining and helping with the charities and instead of the expected response of pride, joy, etc. She said something along the lines to my father of;

"Why are you letting him waste his time on something like that, he should be focusing on nothing but school. Why have you not stopped this?".

Well, she has unfortunately lost another relationship, I have tried to avoid the distress between my parents and her, however, this is it for me. This is the core of who I am, my couponing is who I am and if she thinks that about me, then I do not want to deal with her. I know it seems horrible to say something like that about family, but all she does is alienate people/ family from her own life. And I also thought to myself, would she rather me be like people of my own generation?? Most parents/ people that I meet are amazed that I am the way I am and not like my generation, and so am I. I dislike my generation very much and glad I didn't turn out like that. Couponing has kept me grounded in the REAL world and focused on my future and trying to plan everything, right down to saving money.

Rant over

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I spent way too much on my family and friends for Christmas and all my one friend cared about was presents for himself. I wanna take back everything I gave him for being a spoiled brat! I did something nice for him and he was freaking just showing his true colors pissed me off I should of not paid out money that wasn't mine for groceries when all along he had the money for it!

I am usually a giving person but freak sakes that just stews my soup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Fri, Dec 22nd, 2017 at 08:34 AM.
    JadeAngel, DaveP, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What an idiot. I had the KitchenAid going with butter, sugar and a couple of eggs. I put the third egg in and dropped the eggshell right after it. I went to turn it off to fish it out but instead of turning it off I powered it up high. There was no salvaging it, I had to toss it out and start over. Dumbass.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Normally, I don't post rants about my family issues, but this is one that got right down to the core of who I am and I can't contain myself and need to rant about it. Yesterday my father met with his mother (My Grandmother/ Nonna) to try to mend the relationship between them (Stems from quite a while regarding my father remarrying to my step mother who she does not like for a multitude of ridiculous reasons). Well, my father showed to my grandmother the news article on my coupoining and helping with the charities and instead of the expected response of pride, joy, etc. She said something along the lines to my father of;

"Why are you letting him waste his time on something like that, he should be focusing on nothing but school. Why have you not stopped this?".

Well, she has unfortunately lost another relationship, I have tried to avoid the distress between my parents and her, however, this is it for me. This is the core of who I am, my couponing is who I am and if she thinks that about me, then I do not want to deal with her. I know it seems horrible to say something like that about family, but all she does is alienate people/ family from her own life. And I also thought to myself, would she rather me be like people of my own generation?? Most parents/ people that I meet are amazed that I am the way I am and not like my generation, and so am I. I dislike my generation very much and glad I didn't turn out like that. Couponing has kept me grounded in the REAL world and focused on my future and trying to plan everything, right down to saving money.

Rant over
    This is what I always tell my husband. ~ “Why can’t our family just be happy for us! ~ Instead of all the negative comments and negative looks. Geez, I told them at one point that I won a $500 gift certificate at the Pickering Town Centre and there was barely a reaction. This year I won a $500 USD gift certificate again and decided just to keep it to myself and DH. What’s even the point of talking to family if all you end up getting after is a huge feeling of disappointment and depression. In the end, I have limited talking to my mom because of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    cath007 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Rant over
    sometimes you have to cut yourselves off from toxic people, its her loss. she is not worth the stress it causes you.
    GoJays, cath007 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Rant over

it could do part with aging.. it's not uncommon for some elderly to get a bit more surly as they age.. start turning towards the negative and pushing people away.. i know it doesn't help the situation much.. but mending fences isn't a bad thing if you can.. just staying away from the "hot" topics.. don't let the negativity pull you down
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Mine is a funny rant.. I don't need stuff any more and I don't really enjoy getting it.. it just clutters.. I have all the things I need.. so I tell my husband not to buy me anything.. I get a lot of pleasure from gifting so I randomly gift people money.. ie a GT cashier buying headache meds in line behind me.. I just cover her costs because I know its probably costing a hours pay.... This past week I had 2 instances of "no good deed goes unpunished" lol.. I had gone through McDonald's checkout, ordered a wrap.. gave a $50 bill for a 7$ purchase and find out I've the wrong order when I get through lol.. then last night @ Walmart I had 12$ overage after nabbing some cheese , mccormick and other items.. I got the cheese for my son in law and was going to get the cheese board for my son... anyways.. the cashier said I had overage.. so I asked her to suspend it and I'd go nab some produce.. when I turned around there was a couple who looked like they could use the money. I asked them if I could give them my overage.. they happily agreed.. when I get home.. I lay out the cheese and go to take my photo and ta da........... no receipt lolllllllll

John... sometimes people don't understand the whole couponing thing.. I'm old and I'd be really proud of my child or grandchild couponing /being really careful with their money. I know that no matter how much money you make it won'[t be enough if you don't use it wisely. ...... If she were to see what you do she would understand more.. Once I said to my husband , isn't it amazing what we can get for free or near free and he said, it isn't free, you work hard for that. I also remember when our kids were little.. around 7 & 9 .. one of the kids said dad gives such great gifts and mom gives cheap ones.. he'd give them 100$ and I'd give them a bag of marbles and a squirt bottle.. they'd still be playing with the marbles and squirt bottle a month later ... my husband said.. the reason I can give you what I do is because your mother saves the way she does.. ( my husband was away 9 months of the year with work so his spending was condensed)
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    What an idiot. I had the KitchenAid going with butter, sugar and a couple of eggs. I put the third egg in and dropped the eggshell right after it. I went to turn it off to fish it out but instead of turning it off I powered it up high. There was no salvaging it, I had to toss it out and start over. Dumbass.
    AHH, I would be so frustrated.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So I have been sober for nearly 898days sober and my uncle kept poking at me that I had spiked the drink somehow yeah like I do that so every time I had a new drink he say oh it’s your cocktail! And I would say yeah I spiked it with lemon lime bitters or something dumb like that. But sorry that really gripes me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Dec 26th, 2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

wind-chill here is in the mid-40s, husband went out to plug in the van because he needs it tomorrow. Well, some puke neatly cut off the block heater cord, AARRGH!

Fingers crossed the van is hearty enough to start in the morning, we don't really want to have to pay for a darned boost!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Well another Boxing Day has come and gone. I've said for for a few years now that the deals to be had just aren't what they used to be (long gone are the days of 90% off price slashing!) this year I noticed a lot of stores did not put much prep into even marking the "sales" though. First store I went to at opening had not yet put up their discounted holiday item price stickers so I was literally handing items I was interested in to an associate for her to price check with her price gun. "Yup I'll take, yup I'll take, no I don't want" over and over. Totally not a good use of her time or my time. Then I meet up with a friend who had started shopping at a different store. I asked "hey anything good in there?" she said "nah best you're going to get is 30% off" I decide to go take a look myself anyway only to see a sales associate just starting to replace the 30% off stickers with 50% off stickers and I'm thinking to myself well this sucks for the people who were here first and already come and gone. I mean do we now have to ask "Hey is this REALLY only 30% off or is there actually a deeper discount?" then later I walk into yet another store well over an hour after opening (probably closer to 2 hours) to overhear the staff trying to figure out where to display what I'm assuming was the boxing day sale sign showing their discounts because there was absolutely nothing in the store to even indicate there was a sale, never mind the fact that the entire store I discovered was now 50% off! And then another store I go into has 1 associate working. ONE!! ON BOXING DAY!!!! I mean I don't know maybe someone called in sick but ONLY 1!!!!! That poor person....sigh.
    Last edited by coupongirl99; Wed, Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

Thread Information