User Tag List

Page 97 of 654 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    The next time I here how easy being a stay at home mom is and that it must be nice to sit at home on my ass all day, I'm gonna punch that person in the face.
    I'm raising my kids which is the most important job there is. I've had office jobs, worked in the call centre for Rogers(being screamed at 95% of my shift) and all my jobs were easier than staying home. I love being home and am so greatful I have the chance to stay home and watch my youngest grow up(since I worked full time until my oldest was 8) but I hate the attitude I get from people sometimes.
    I'm only surprised that that person didn't then demand you do them a time-consuming favour since " you don't have anything better to do, amirite????"

Been there, been told that!

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Ugh, having coffee with my boss and showing her a Christmas picture on my phone at the exact 10-second moment that DH decides to send a very inappropriate text message that showed at the top of the screen. Face-Palm. DH has the worst timing. All Text Message banner alerts & notifications are now disabled.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Wed, Dec 18th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I love PETA...

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals.......
    Ha! Well when you look at it that way I guess I love PETA too :p
    I just get annoyed with people that jump on bandwagons because it's cool or popular and really have no foundation for their reasoning as to why they support/don't support a cause. Oh well said person ended up deleting everything they posted so that finishes that. Victory is mine (said in the voice of Stewie.)

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I went to renew my license today and there was an older gentleman (late 40's, early 50's) next to me renewing his. I overheard the woman serving him say ' Not to be offensive, but aren`t you a little old to be in school still ' he kind of giggled and shrugged it off and said knowledge is power or something along those lines.

And i`m on the otherside kind of hot headed like - Who the hell are you to say anything about him? Good on you! You get your diploma's, Sir!
    (To the woman) Sitting behind her desk day in, day out who I`m sure did not need her degree to approve drivers licenses.

Ugh. Some people need a friggen zipper on their faces, I swear!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I went to renew my license today and there was an older gentleman (late 40's, early 50's) next to me renewing his. I overheard the woman serving him say ' Not to be offensive, but aren`t you a little old to be in school still ' he kind of giggled and shrugged it off and said knowledge is power or something along those lines.

And i`m on the otherside kind of hot headed like - Who the hell are you to say anything about him? Good on you! You get your diploma's, Sir!
    (To the woman) Sitting behind her desk day in, day out who I`m sure did not need her degree to approve drivers licenses.

Ugh. Some people need a friggen zipper on their faces, I swear!
    BOO!!

My my mom got her masters degree at 50 after she had retired. She is now enjoying a new career and I am so proud of her. You are never too old to keep learning. Whether it's a GED, Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Masters or Doctorate! In fact I know a few seniors who audit university classes for free because they are interested in the subject matter. I think that's pretty awesome!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

beckie, that's awesome of your mom!

My rant of the day.... well, it's ongoing, but bugging me most today - not being able to do what I want because of whatever physical limitations I have. Even something small like this morning when shelling peanuts - fingers going numb after doing them for like only 10 minutes...

All these little things, all day.... argh! My spirit is SO willing, and there is so much to do!
    Crochetlady, Candini and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

UPS hasn't scanned my package since Sunday, and it's 'supposed to' deliver tomorrow - wth?!!
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

leaving Saturday morning to drive to Cape Breton for Xmas and hubby doesn't understand that we need to pack asap plus there is going to be a horrible storm so its better if we go there USA. Men don't understand..
    thriftygranny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am selling DH's old winter coat on Kijiji

Just asked him if he'd go with me to meet the guy. He gets angry and says he doesn't have time for that.

So…how do I meet this guy safely now?? Any suggestions? I could go to the Starbucks on the ground floor of our building but don' know if that is a good idea or not. Don't want to meet in a random location by myself and the guy is driving and can't meet on the subway line

Since DH was so rude, and I'm the one doing all the work, I'll spend the money on a gift for myself.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Dec 19th, 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I spontaneously bought myself a concert ticket because I LOVE the artist and have forever. Then decided I didn't want to go downtown Toronto alone so I've literally offered atleast TEN of my friends to come, I would pay half their ticket and no one is down!!

seriously! I would be all over that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Go by yourself. Take the GO if you can. Lots of people

People are such spoil sports. Don't let them spoil it for you. I've gone to concerts by myself before

Whose concert?
    Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I spontaneously bought myself a concert ticket because I LOVE the artist and have forever. Then decided I didn't want to go downtown Toronto alone so I've literally offered atleast TEN of my friends to come, I would pay half their ticket and no one is down!!

seriously! I would be all over that.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Dec 20th, 2013 at 08:01 AM.
    Candini and i_forget like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Please learn what the First Amendment means...A&E are a private company and are comparing the cost of revenue lost against the value of the remarks made....

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

HR department at my company is soooo pi**ing me off....I can't express my frustration and anger enough. Everything I need to do, any adjustment I need to make the HR manger does not do anything herself but instigate other against me and conveys her decision through others to me. Does not even say hello to me anymore. She is fine with other people though. I have not had any direct interaction with her or donot have anything to do with her so I have no idea why she behaves this way. The only thing I can think of is she might be Racist and hence acting like that. She even stopped a promotion of mine on which my manger was absolute certain that I was gonna get it. Arggghhhhhhhh

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I loaded my offers on the pcpoints card. One of the offers was 6000 points for a club size box of diapers. I gave dh a 3$off ccoupon and told him to get the big box of diapers and 5 cans of soup so we would have enough points for a 20$ redemption. He get to the store and its a no tax sale. Great even more money saved... he gets the small box of diapers so no points (still a great deal but not the deal I planned.)

I will brag though that he was paying attention at least. (He didn't say anything because he thought maybe I didn't upload the offer properly or something like that.) But he did go buy 6 more cans of soup.
    Last edited by francine1985; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have never attended Hogwarts. I am not a witch nor do I have an Elder wand so why do people expect me to do 7 impossible things before breakfast.

Page 97 of 654 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 597 ... LastLast

Thread Information