User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: Breast Feeding in a Restaurant

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Breasts are for feeding babies.

Just because they have been sexualized by people does not change the purpose of them.
    If I need to pull my breast out in the middle of anywhere because my baby is hungry I am going to. I really do not care if other people are offended. It is not my problem that they are ashamed or embarassed by the natural method of feeding a baby...it is their problem.
    I should not have to be modest by covering up with a blanket either. It gets very warm and uncomfortable having your head under a blanket...almost suffocating with the lack of airflow.

People really need to stop being ashamed of and judging others because they have issues with people doing what only comes naturally.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i gave up on blankets and cover ups. both my kids hated them they would fuss and scream and throw them off. (really painful having a kid thrash his head around while latched on and it drew more attention and showed more than when i didn't use a cover up.) i learned to use my hand to cover up while holding them with the other (getting them set up to latch) then once they are latched i move my shirt as close to their nose as possible. i also try to be out of the way. i try to stick to the nursing room or changing room depending where i am. but if they are full or there are none around I will nurse wherever i am. (yes i nursed on canada day outside in a big crowd of people. i went to the edge of the park on a bench away from most of the crowd.)

I nursed my oldest in the washroom once and it was absolutely disgusting. someone actually went into the stall right next to me and had a massive case of diarrhea. that was the one and only time i nursed in a washroom. and i almost threw up i cant imagine how much worse it was or my son who was actually eating at the time.

and i never had my kids on a schedule. they both fed on demand. so planning around a schedule doesnt work for everyone lol.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I have nothing against breastfeeding; i did it for my kids, my DD and D-I-L did it with their kids but at no time did they flaunt themselves. We always used a light blankie when breastfeeding in public places. You dont need to be ``In Your Face`` about this. Yes breastfeeding is a natural thing but then so is going to the bathroom and we dont do it publicly. Now lets see how many outraged peeps reply to this! lol
    Jina, Natalka, Crochetlady and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I breastfed too in public but wore something that would cover most of my breast and you could only see my baby's head. I chose to go in our car when we were at a wedding anniversary and the restaurant was packed with relatives and friends.

We don't walk in public with our boobs out do we. Suddenly we can because we are breastfeeding? (I'm talking about those who flash them out). I'm all for breastfeeding in public as long as there's some decency.

I breastfed everywhere, with people sitting very close to me on a plane and never had problems. They could hardly see any part of my breasts.
    Last edited by Jina; Thu, Aug 15th, 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

who said anything about flaunting it and flashing it anyones face. I have never once seen a breastfeeding mother announce her intentions... The thing is, most mothers are discreet. They don't show much of anything. The problem is in telling them they must or should cover or hide in the other room. That is telling these mothers that there is somthing wrong with what they are doing. That they can only do it if no one knows what they are doing. Its telling women that they are responsible for the thoughts and urges of men and must act as not to intice them. It removes all responsibility from men. Its not there fault, that mother over there pulled out a breast to feed her child....

And geeze, breastfeeding is NOT the same as going to the bathroom. Breastfeeding IS the same thing as EATING!!!!!

Don't worry, I'm all for public eating...as long as there is decency, like you know, put a blanket on their heads while they eat that sandwich...oh wait, I just realized I am an outraged person who responded to this...

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Well this seemingly innocent thread turned into something else lol
    SnowFlakey and vesper like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

That it did!
    tasha313 likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think it is ok.

Here is why i think it is ok

It is considered absolutely normal for a guy to be outside with his shirt off... they show it on tv without any nudity ratings.

If a baby is drinking from a bottle they are not shunned and hidden under a blanket for drinking artificial milk that is not as good for them.

It was a eatery where people eat... that baby has not only the right to eat in there it is neglectful to put it off.. what if the mom forgot a blanket?

Don't get me wrong here i don't want to see boobs everywhere... it is just a baby having some breaky like everyone else.

When my daughter was little some thought it was more appropriate to feed her in a restroom surrounded by poop... i fed her right in the mall or anywhere else... always covered and people still were freaked out. My daughter had no real schedule to her feedings and i had to take the bus so there was no way to plan around it. My daughter would not take a bottle at all so expressing milk was not a option. (she is 18 now) We have come a long ways since that time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I breastfed until DS was about 15 months old.

In the beginning I was uncomfortable about it. For one thing, for the first month or more, it hurt. I don't care what lactation consultants say, at first it does hurt, even if you're doing it right.

It took awhile before we learned to get him latched on without exposing myself. But I wasn't going to just stay home until he was done breastfeeding. After six weeks or so (I think, it was over six years since I did this!), I learned how to do it subtly, so that he was happy and didn't bawl, and no one really knew what I was doing unless they took a second look. I've nursed in church, in a pub or restaurant, on a bus, in a change room at Walmart (they often have a change room set up with a changing table there too - in Sears too they have a special room for parents, complete with sink to wash your hands after changing a diaper). Really, I did it anywhere that my DS told me he was hungry. Yes, you can express milk into bottles or use a pump, I did this for the few times i went out and DH looked after him, and it worked for me. But honestly, I saw no reason to go through the trouble of sterilizing bottles, nipples, etc., and having my boobs on the verge of explosion, just for fear that someone might catch a glimpse of skin while I fed my baby in public.

Little folks aren't on a regular schedule, they want food when their tummy tells them they need to eat, that feeling makes them cry. No need to find a place to warm a bottle up, my body provided everything at the right temperature. I didn't need to cover him up - he covered up the business end of my breast, and if people couldn't handle the sight of his head where my breast is, well they just needed to grow up IMO.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    Well this seemingly innocent thread turned into something else lol
    Boobs have a very distracting nature about them!! Yahoo!!!!!
    what? Huh!

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... When an infant is hungry and screaming, it is much easier to just feed it and not worry about covering them with a blanket. Have you tried to hold an infant to your boob and position a blanket over everything at the same time? TBH, a restaurant is a perfect place for all family members to eat, including the new ones. I have an aversion to fish, but I wouldn't ask the people at the next table to cover up their plates because their food is turning me off. JMO.
    linnyeg, Angela273, Zonny and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

i'm on baby #4 and breastfeed on demand my baby is 5 mths + and still going strong . Fed them all til one year any time any place no blanket no prob!
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Name:  3311_184215910533_3857166_n.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  34.8 KB

So this .. is offensive ??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)