User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: Breast Feeding in a Restaurant

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I used to go to the washroom to feed my boys or go to the car to feed my 2 boys. But a blanket would have been a nice guesture in your situation today.
    Natalka, Crochetlady and vesper like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have no problem with someone breastfeeding in public, using a blanket to cover up is appreciated though.This is nothing compared to what a lot of women wear in public these days, yikes clothes are skimpy, we went out for dinner on the weekend and the servers had spandex skirts that just covered there arses and skin tight, pretty sure commando would be the only option with that uniform! Personally i would rather see someone breastfeeding in a restaurant than my waitress's arse !!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    My niece (12 years old) to this day sometimes is asked to go inject her insulin in the bathroom at restos and other public places. Really !? An injection in the bathroom.. How so very sanitary isn't it ...

*sigh*
    I always go to the restroom to do my insulin injection. I really don`t want people staring at me when I do it.
    Angela273 and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I have no problem with someone breastfeeding in public, using a blanket to cover up is appreciated though.This is nothing compared to what a lot of women wear in public these days, yikes clothes are skimpy, we went out for dinner on the weekend and the servers had spandex skirts that just covered there arses and skin tight, pretty sure commando would be the only option with that uniform! Personally i would rather see someone breastfeeding in a restaurant than my waitress's arse !!
    I
    totally agree with this. Breast feeding never bothered me at all, i dont see why its uncomfortable, except for the sounds of it sometimes, but most babies are cute, so it's funny.

But going to the pool or pub these days, everyone subjected to the girl and guys who have this idea that.... Anyway thrift granny said it best.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I used to go to the washroom to feed my boys or go to the car to feed my 2 boys. But a blanket would have been a nice guesture in your situation today.
    The OP mentioned a blanket..

Car is good but why would any-one take some-one with a compromised immune system to eat in a public toilet..Would you take your grand-mother to eat in there? or some-one using anti-transplant drugs? some-one with aids ??

No, because they are adults but to expect some-one to take a baby to eat in a potentially high risk area of viral and bacterial contamination just boggles my mind.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

seriously...if you don't want to see...don't look...No one is forcing you to look. Try putting a blanket over your head when you eat and see if you like it. Or take your sandwich to the bathroom and eat. Yum yum!

I see way more of womens bodies when they are walking down the street then I see when they are breastfeeding. Breasts are for feeding babies. There is no reason what so ever for a mother to cover up or go else where unless it is what THEY want. Breasting feeding is protected by LAW and it doesn't say only if they cover up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Not all babies will take a bottle. We tried 7 different bottle and nipple combinations and my LO never did take one. He has only ever had my milk and he wouldn't accept it from a bottle. I never intended on having our LO take a bottle when we were out in public, but it would have made it easier for dh to help out if LO would have taken a bottle occasionally.
    PammieD and thriftygranny like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    There are times and places for certain things and planning ahead or using discression is a small effort to make I think.
    Insulin is right after you eat... no planning can change that.. but discretion is a must tho.. i'm not saying inject in the middle of the resto

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The OP mentioned a blanket..

Car is good but why would any-one take some-one with a compromised immune system to eat in a public toilet..Would you take your grand-mother to eat in there? or some-one using anti-transplant drugs? some-one with aids ??

No, because they are adults but to expect some-one to take a baby to eat in a potentially high risk area of viral and bacterial contamination just boggles my mind.
    Well said .. I would never .. better the car than bathroom...

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I always go to the restroom to do my insulin injection. I really don`t want people staring at me when I do it.
    We refuse to let her go to the bathroom to inject, however , we always take a secluded seat and she injects in her belly very discretely when we're out. She still does get stares and all from people who manage to see, but doing it in a bacteria/virus infested area won't cut it . Plus she's 12 , she has way less knowledge of sanitation than we do..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    We refuse to let her go to the bathroom to inject, however , we always take a secluded seat and she injects in her belly very discretely when we're out. She still does get stares and all from people who manage to see, but doing it in a bacteria/virus infested area won't cut it . Plus she's 12 , she has way less knowledge of sanitation than we do..
    I'm so sorry about your niece!
    Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I
    totally agree with this. Breast feeding never bothered me at all, i dont see why its uncomfortable, except for the sounds of it sometimes, but most babies are cute, so it's funny.

But going to the pool or pub these days, everyone subjected to the girl and guys who have this idea that.... Anyway thrift granny said it best.
    AWWW thanks Vesper!!
    Angela273 and vesper like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    i nursed both my kids (am still nursing the youngest) and i am going to keep most of my comments to myself.

I will say a mother is legally aloud to breastfeed anywhere the child is aloud to be.
    A mother can breastfeed here baby anywhere she wants but use a cover-up light blanket. Lets have a bit of common sense here.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I'm so sorry about your niece!
    Thanks vesper
    She's doing great for a 12 year old that has this huge responsibility already.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    A mother can breastfeed here baby anywhere she wants but use a cover-up light blanket. Lets have a bit of common sense here.
    Since you have already admitted you are not aBF-ing mother

This morning hubby and i went out to breakfast. While there a woman came in with a newborn (probably about 1 month old). She was seated in the middle of the restaurant. The baby started crying so she took him out of the carrier and whipped out her breast (OMG) and started breastfeeding the baby.

Now i have nothing against breastfeeding in public, dont get me wrong. But a little modesty goes a long way! I mean this woman was seated in the middle of the resto. People tried not to stare at her but it was hard to miss. At least she could have put a blankie over the baby. Its like, what was she thinking!
    If I was you.. I'd really....really and seriously stop judging people by your own standards.

Looking at your profile you are grandmother. In both my GM's time and my own mother's time public breast-feeding was not only acceptable but not commented on because nearly every woman did it..Because it was and always has been part of what women do with thier children..I'm pleased to be a link from the early days of human behaviour to now.

Breastfeeding isn't some strange perversion..it's a natural responce to having children..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    This morning hubby and i went out to breakfast. While there a woman came in with a newborn (probably about 1 month old). She was seated in the middle of the restaurant. The baby started crying so she took him out of the carrier and whipped out her breast (OMG) and started breastfeeding the baby.

Now i have nothing against breastfeeding in public, dont get me wrong. But a little modesty goes a long way! I mean this woman was seated in the middle of the resto. People tried not to stare at her but it was hard to miss. At least she could have put a blankie over the baby. Its like, what was she thinking!
    Well, didn't this just open up a juicy can of worms? Lol.
    As far as "what was she thinking?", she was probably thinking that the baby was hungry and that if she didn't feed him, he would be crying, and sensitive patrons would be annoyed about that too.
    No blanket required, nobody else is expected to cover their heads while they eat.
    It's just a breast people.
    ~ Becky ~

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information