User Tag List

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

cath, I'd go for the third kitty!

Hoping everyone has a great Friday and an amazing weekend!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I hate dealing with warranty people. We got screwed around on our freezer keep coming out and doing minor things saying nothing was wrong with the freezer (yeah nothing wrong with my freezer after I completely defrosted it not even 2 weeks ago and now have 3 inches of frost on the top 2 shelves and you do not even want to see what the top and sides of the freezer look like inside). Waited until my warranty was up to than suggest one more option which was going to cost $$$$ which we did not do. Since the warranty was up we called a local appliance repair person who is very to the point (which is why I like them so much, they will tell you flat out if it is worth the repairs or not) and they told us that part will do nothing except cost us a crap load of money with no change to the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Morning All, just waiting for the boys to get on the bus so I head over to WM to purchase mason jars for my red cabbage. Repairman is coming to fix my range/stove which has been broken since Sept. 5, 2013 yes a month, Whirpool/MAYTAG have been totally useless and well the extended warranty lady has been so kind, following up along the way, however, I am not impressed with the situation. Apparently the extended warranty lady says the repair people had the serial # wrong and the repair people never mentioned that all they said was they ordered the part 3 times and finally were shipped the proper part....hmm. Anyone have any suggestions as what can be done etc. I have spoken to someone in management in the customer service department and pretty well got nowhere. Apparently the ext. war. people cannot do anything either but do follow-ups and send emails the the repair people. I have found out that my ext. warranty is transferrable when I sell it - yippee. I will be going to Home Depot to pick-up a copy of my sales receipt and extended warranty information so that when I post it for sale as I will have the information handy. This is 1 case where I am really pleased I purchased the extended warranty. I will be shopping for a coil top stainless steel and black range with bottom exposed element as I currently have a glass top and the bottom element in the oven is not exposed and good grief it shouldn't take 2 hours to cook a small chicken, the type you purchase pre-cooked at deli counters or 8-9 hours to cook a small turkey. My range has convection as well. What % do you think I should sell the stove/range for? After these repairs the stove has essentially been rebuilt or brand new with respect to all electrical components, etc. I have a few minor scratches on the glass top thanks to when my inlaws lived here for 2 months while there new home was being built. Have a great day everyone and hope to check in after lunch.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

raining here, but its ok we needed it.
    had a great night sleep finally. went to bed at 9.. wow haven't done that in ages.. slept through except for a bit here and there.. however now i feel stuffy again. hoping its the rainy weather..
    went and got my hair cut last night with my son.. BOY did i get my money's worth.. im nearly bald.. almost.. it'll be all grown back in in weeks anyway..
    still waiting for the other half of our flyers- the ones of course that come with the coupons.. probably never see them.
    only have a few things to pick up..
    finishing off a few projects today. very proud of myself.
    OH and its Friday.. woohoo.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

These are the three coupons that I found on my 4L jug of milk on Tuesday. I peeled it carefully off the jug, but it still stuck to the label at the bottom where the expiry date and such are located. I called Beatrice about the problem. The guy just reported it and didn't offer to compensate in any way.
    1x $1 off Black Diamond Cheese Spreads 185g, exp January 31, 2014
    1x $1 off wub3 Astro Kik Yogourts 200ml, exp January 31, 2014
    1x $1 off any Lactantia Cream 500ml or 1L, exp January 31, 2014
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we have those on the bags of our Beatrice milk here Angela.. ours are Black diamond cheese blocks though.
    we have
    $1 KIK
    $1 Astro Original yogurt
    $1 Lactantia cooking cream
    $1 off Lactantia fat free creamer
    $1 off Black diamond natural cheese
    all Jan 2014
    seeing as we go through prob. 4-5 bags of week. i'll be visiting giant tiger ALOT if they continue to have these bags.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Food Basics had these bags too if you have one close by.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    we have those on the bags of our Beatrice milk here Angela.. ours are Black diamond cheese blocks though.
    we have
    $1 KIK
    $1 Astro Original yogurt
    $1 Lactantia cooking cream
    $1 off Lactantia fat free creamer
    $1 off Black diamond natural cheese
    all Jan 2014
    seeing as we go through prob. 4-5 bags of week. i'll be visiting giant tiger ALOT if they continue to have these bags.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! TGIF! Busy morning at work today but then hopefully a good afternoon!
    DS has an away game tomorrow for hockey but only an hour away and I would rather get them out of the way before the snow flys! It's early afternoon so not too early and we will be home for dinner which is nice. Will pull a lasagna from the freezer that we made and have with salad Will make sure to have a snack and a ice cold power drink for DS for the drive home so he doesn't bug me for $$$ for junk at the arena. Took out homemade pasta sauce from the freezer last night for tonight's dinner. Nice pasta dinner (DS is having friends over so they can have pasta if they want and I'm making pizza and chicken bites too for them) Should be a nice relaxing evening

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My fridge is empty but freezer is full. (we have milk, yogurt, eggs, bread etc) All the basics. Glad I saw lots of good deals on veggies since that's all we really need. Peppers-4pk on for $1.97 great for omelettes, stirfry etc
    Romaine hearts 3pk $1.97- Ceaser/garden salad, for tacos, taco salad (with ranch dressing yummy!) add to BLT's (I have a nice ripe tomato and bacon in the fridge to use up) We really don't need much for groceries to eat well this weekend/week!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Morning Everyone.I had a really great nice long night of sleep,much needed.And it is Friday!!!For the extended warranty yes they are very handy in some cases.For my new fridge in a month I think I will take one as well as for the stove,I want a convected glass top one....I guess I just need to find really good sales because it is not on my budget.Hope everyone will have a nice day!!! I hope to chat in here tonight !!! But again in my opinion extended warranty are a hit or miss when you are dealing for problems with the sale person,repair person,they do not wish you will have trouble,even they stated the motor or all big pièces of reparation cost more than the warranty,they use those argue to sell this warranty to you I find.
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 4th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Meal Plan for the next few days:

Tonight: Pasta with homemade sauce and garlic bread (Pizza and chicken bites for DS and his friends if they don't want pasta- It is Friday night )
    Saturday: Homemade Lasagna (pulled from freezer) with Ceaser salad (just need romaine (3pk hearts $1.97) and Dijon mustard to make homemade dressing.
    Sunday: Turkey (pulled from freezer) mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies (freezer) garden salad (leftover romaine, tomato/cucumbers from garden, onion from fridge)
    Monday: Leftovers from weekend

That is as far as I've planned so far. So nice to know that we don't need much at all to make nice meals for the weekend!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Get this I rushed home this am because the range/stove repair people said this pm and no set time. 5 minutes after I walked in the door they called an introduced herself, "It's Marilyn calling from -------, do you have a gun?" I mean really how innapropriate, she then goes on to tell me that they got the wrong part again (3rd time) and that another part, the proper part will arrive on Monday after 2PM. Seriously what can I do????? My warranty lady was going to excallate my claim to higher ups but what are they going to do or able to do. I left a message for the lady at Whirpool Head Office asking her to call me back, I called on Wednesday and again today and have not heard back. Like I told the lady at the extended warranty this is totally unacceptable and I want something done to resolve this once and for all as who knows if the correct part will show up on Monday or not. I first called back on Sept. 4th the extended warranty people, the stupid repair people showed up on Sept. 6th.....good grief this is beyond comprehendable in my opinion, any advice, suggestions, please feel free to pm me. Thank goodness they don't build cars or rocket ships (lol) but seriously
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Oct 4th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

[QUOTE=jasperandchar;5661989]Get this I rushed home this am because the range/stove repair people said this pm and no set time. 5 minutes after I walked in the door they called an introduced herself, "It's Marilyn calling from -------, do you have a gun?" I mean really how innapropriate, she then goes on to tell me that they got the wrong part again (3rd time) and that another part, the proper part will arrive on Monday after 2PM. Seriously what can I do????? My warranty lady was going to excallate my claim to higher ups but what are they going to do or able to do. I left a message for the lady at Whirpool Head Office asking her to call me back, I called on Wednesday and again today and have not heard back. Like I told the lady at the extended warranty this is totally unacceptable and I want something done to resolve this once and for all as who knows if the correct part will show up on Monday or not. I first called back on Sept. 4th the extended warranty people, the stupid repair people showed up on Sept. 6th.....good grief this is beyond comprehendable in my opinion, any advice, suggestions, please feel free to pm me. Thank goodness they don't build cars or rocket ships (lol) but seriously[/QUOTE

What a waste of your time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am going to really track my grocery spending this month. I really want to use up stuff on hand and clean out the freezer a bit, be creative while eating healthy.
    Total spent so far:
    $2.98-2 dozen eggs
    $10.88 (3 pk romaine hearts/454g white mushrooms/4pk red/orange peppers/lemon juice/dijan mustard/worchestaire sauce (last 3 items needed to make homemade ceaser dressing which in the long run will save us $ as a $4 jar we like that hasn't been on sale forever doesn't go very far anyway)

So $13.86 spent on groceries and shouldn't have to go back till next week and probably get the same veggies to carry us through to the next week. (I do want the frozen berries at FB for $2.97 so will be grabbing a bunch of those for smoothies)

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    my apologies I'm a little overwhelmed these days, trying to do to many things at once and you think I would have learned by now to do 1 thing at a time.
    That's ok. Np

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

24 pk of pepsi, crush, Dr Pepper are on for $5.99 at Food Basics. On a display on top were coupons. Save $1.00 When you buy (1) 24 x 355ml Regular or Diet Crush Rainbow Pack, Dr Pepper, Crush or Schweppes. Coupon expires March 3, 2014

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information