User Tag List

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cath, I hope you are able to get some medical help and start to feel much better!

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I feel like trash today with my above post posted,all my life fall down
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Oct 1st, 2013 at 03:29 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Does anyone know of a good goal app for iphone?
    Do you mean a scheduling app? I use evernote because you can create different folders to keep track of different tasks for different projects. It's the only app that I found that doesn't make you put a date to it (although that option is probably available).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a pretty busy day. While LO was at daycare this morning I went grocery shopping, washed all the dishes, scrubbed the inside of the microwave, called my mom, froze strawberries for fruit smoothies, stripped the roast chicken for supper, cooked rice for supper (forgot to do this last night).

Tonight's supper is fried rice with chicken and vegetable stirfry.

Sobeys 10% off day. I recently remembered that some FPCs include taxes. I learned from my experience last month. I decided to put all my FPCs at the beginning of the transaction and get the teller to ring in one item at a time and do the FPC to it. I learned that even though I did all of the FPCs first I was still able to get the 10% bonus...once my other items were rung threw.
    Today I bought these with coupons: 2x FPC trident gum, FPC Mars, FPC Old Dutch nacho chips, FPC 900g marble cheese, FPC sesame seed bagels, FPC Pam, $1 off yogurt.

$94.91 before coupons and discounts
    $54.24 oop
    $9.49 10% discount
    $32.96 coupons
    $2.00 CO51 rebate

I am quite happy with this shopping trip. Basically saved 50%. It was almost event free...even though I needed help finding some things since they re-arranged the store.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Oct 1st, 2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just opened my mail.
    Interesting combination this time.
    cell phone bill
    FPC Minute Maid 1.75L juice (from valid complaint, up for trade)
    2x $5 off oil change from a MIR - use on future oil change & can be used together
    2x envelopes for my LO because I recently signed him up for a free CO-OP Kids Club membership. (his membership card, and a coupon for buy a birthday cake $9.99+ and receive 2 2L CO-OP brand pops)

Forgot to say that I saw brand new coupons on my 4L jug of milk that I bought. It is a big peelie that is 3x $1 off different milk products. I'll trey to post details later.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Again 10 days is short for cleaning an entire appart,but I am motivated I wont give up I will fight for myself and my quality of life,I will act and after I will continu couponning and enjoy it,I cannot quit something I love...everybody will be surprised how I could rebound and I will said In your face!!!
    Minutes per minutes no stress needed,it dont get anything.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I hope everyone had a great day!!! Seems like a decisive year for me in many things.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I cleaned my house 7 years ago I know I am able to do it,just be focus,no need to see the mountain.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Cath, I hope you are able to get some medical help and start to feel much better!
    I will,with the short delay I have not the time to make the calls and appointments but I will.It is just hard day with the familly since sunday so that is a lot to handle.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Everyone is fed, eggs fried up for breakfast egg mcmuffins for the boys the next 3 mornings (and one for my lunch tomorrow with fruit on the side) Kitchen is cleaned, school bags gone through. Now time to toss in a load of laundry and write a note to remind myself to hang it all up to dry tonight so tomorrow night I can fluff dry and then put away. My goal for October for laundry is to not use the dryer!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Hi everyone!! I haven't been online much today. At a risk of sounding like a broken record (we are all sick with wonderful fall colds it seems) I have been very ill for two weeks. This week the vertigo started... I am sure I have a middle ear issue going on, I will have to get back to the doctor tomorrow morning.

i will try and read back as much as I can tonight, but I'm not sure that I'll get through it all.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Anyone from Ottawa here? If not, look into your community for the same opportunity.

A couple of years ago, Ottawa came up with this fabulous idea if you want to get rid of stuff without too much effort. The city designates two weekends a year as "Give Away Weekend", where residents can put stuff out at the curb for anyone to pick up at their leisure. It's a great alternative to just throwing it out.

The next one coming up is the weekend of October 26 & 27.

I don't think the city does a lot of advertising on it, but the pros know about this weekend, and they take advantage. I've gotten rid of stuff that even I was surprised some people took. Even broken small appliances labelled as such go when they're free, but used furniture in good condition are the big winners. Since I've been aware of these weekends, I've set a side a corner of my basement just for the stuff I'll be getting rid of. It's so much easier than going through the hassle of transporting that stuff to all the different charities and/or holding a garage sale.

Anyway, all this to say that one of my goals this month is to have more useless stuff out of my house by Halloween.

Thanks for letting me know!!! I have only been back to Ottawa for a year and I had no ideas about these days! (My dh and ds are running in two marathons that weekend so we will see if I will have any time to peek around).
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yippee! Youngest is bathed and in bed and I put away all dry laundry! Emptied garbage in laundry room and put a reuseable basket and bags back in my vehicle that have been hiding in the basement for a long time full of junk! It's the little things that make you feel better about organizing and cleaning. Now I need to figure out dinner for tomorrow night. Will take a peek in the freezer. Have fresh broccoli to use up for sure so just need to add meat I'm anxious to clean out my closet but don't feel like starting that now lol It may take hours by the time I sort Christmas gifts etc. Soon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Do you mean a scheduling app? I use evernote because you can create different folders to keep track of different tasks for different projects. It's the only app that I found that doesn't make you put a date to it (although that option is probably available).
    I don't really know, I was hoping something like a checklist with monthly/weekly/daily goals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Hi everyone!! I haven't been online much today. At a risk of sounding like a broken record (we are all sick with wonderful fall colds it seems) I have been very ill for two weeks. This week the vertigo started... I am sure I have a middle ear issue going on, I will have to get back to the doctor tomorrow morning.

i will try and read back as much as I can tonight, but I'm not sure that I'll get through it all.
    There must be a cold/flu bug going around. DS and I were also sick with a cold for the past two weeks and then Sunday I started getting achy all over and DS started with the vomitting last night. Combined with being up all night with a newborn and I am officially worn out!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Meal Planning: I have 2 trays of lasagna in the freezer and a turkey. Need to plan to use these up the next week or so. Think Lasagna Saturday night since we have hockey in the afternoon out of town and make a nice Ceaser salad with homemade dressing (found a few recipes, anyone have a great one that uses Anchoive paste since I finally found some?) And Turkey on Sunday with mashed potatoes, salad and veggies all on hand (just need lettuce!) ! There that was easy lol

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information