User Tag List

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    There must be a cold/flu bug going around. DS and I were also sick with a cold for the past two weeks and then Sunday I started getting achy all over and DS started with the vomitting last night. Combined with being up all night with a newborn and I am officially worn out!
    oh no! I hope it stays away from my house I don't have the time to get sick right now

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

There must be a cold/flu bug going around. DS and I were also sick with a cold for the past two weeks and then Sunday I started getting achy all over and DS started with the vomitting last night. Combined with being up all night with a newborn and I am officially worn out!
    Oh no!!! I hope you are able to get some rest tonight!! Feel better!! it's the season for flu bugs!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Just registered the kids for swimming lessons $113 for two. Probably the cheapest sport out there! Love it. Going to register Skylar in indoor soccer as well if I can swing it. I think its about $100. Casey really wanted to do gymnastics but its like $300 for ten months so not sure if we can do that......I did promise her. Honestly they are so good about it, they don't do much for activities and don't really ask about it I would love to accommodate it this time...thoughts?
    whatabout it being a birthday or christma present the gymnastic?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Ah, October. I've always loved this time of year, even though the days are getting shorter. There's just something in the air that revitalizes me more than any other season. Spring is nice, but we use the time and getting ready to wind down for the lazy days of summer, and winter is for hibernating and enjoying our home. But Fall, that's where the real action is.

For me personally, Fall is the time for resolutions and making them stick. Fall is the time to seriously look at my diet and start cooking for fun. Fall is the time to go through my house and get rid of the stuff that no longer serves. Fall is the time to open my yarn and fabric stash and start crafting in preperation for Christmas.

There are just so many reasons to love this season. What's yours?
    I love fall for the colors on the trees, falling leaves and for coolness at night to sleep well and most of all it's a great temperature/weather to start to bake & cook more.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Anyone have extras of the pampers (PnG insert) from last weekend? They are $2. I can trade for anything else from the insert and have tons of other stuff. Please pm me
    Maybe I will get the insert this weekend if so I'll set them aside for you.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Hi everyone!! I haven't been online much today. At a risk of sounding like a broken record (we are all sick with wonderful fall colds it seems) I have been very ill for two weeks. This week the vertigo started... I am sure I have a middle ear issue going on, I will have to get back to the doctor tomorrow morning.

i will try and read back as much as I can tonight, but I'm not sure that I'll get through it all.
    Hope you all get over this awful cold, we have it here too....talk about lingering....Maybe it's not vertigo maybe you are prego????

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Casey - I hope you claim the "sport" discount or whatever it is called on your income tax. I know that's WAY down the line but could help. How about doing a clear out of some of their unused toys and sell them on Kijiji? Do you do a craft? There are lots of fall bazaars where they rent tables.

Just registered the kids for swimming lessons $113 for two. Probably the cheapest sport out there! Love it. Going to register Skylar in indoor soccer as well if I can swing it. I think its about $100. Casey really wanted to do gymnastics but its like $300 for ten months so not sure if we can do that......I did promise her. Honestly they are so good about it, they don't do much for activities and don't really ask about it I would love to accommodate it this time...thoughts?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hope feels better soon!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

goonight everyone. I will be canning apples after I get the boys off to school and then I need to start to prep my pickled red cabbage which I have been wanting to make for over a year and with the cabbage on sale this week for .59lbs no better time. Hope everyone has a good sleep and I'll see you sometime tomorrow.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hope you all get over this awful cold, we have it here too....talk about lingering....Maybe it's not vertigo maybe you are prego????

Lmao!!! Nope, not preggy! We will start trying in the next few weeks. And I don't expect it to be that quick! Lol. Thanks for the giggle!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, I not only finished the book that I borrowed from the Library, I also read another book that I finished last night. Can't remember the last time I finished 2 books in a month. The second book I got from a "Fill a bag with books for $3) day at St. Vincent de Paul.

All my purging is finally getting to the end. We have listed our house to sell and stored things that can be done without in a storage unit. We've had 2 good "viewings" but no offers on paper yet. We have a conditional offer on a place that has a much smaller piece of land. It's kind of like a condo arrangement - so you don't own the land, but you get to landscape it as you wish.

I accomplished getting a legal issue moving along by submitting a request to an association on my brother's behalf.

I have started really watching weekly how we are spending our money.

I have not been successful selling things on Kijiji but have donated the things instead.

Goals for Oct. - SELL the HOUSE!
    Get my Xmas Shopping almost completed and wrapped so that I can go on holiday and not have to run around like a chicken when I get back.
    Get my KOBO fixed and load it up for the trip.
    Load up the MP3 players for the trip.
    Research the best way to get a Garmin GPS for our car as a gift for dh for Christmas. I'm hoping that SDM has them so I can use my redemption points to get it.
    Figure out how to redeem my Swagbucks for PayPal and then transfer it into my bank account.
    Get someone else to organize Thanksgiving!
    Run our church Garage Sale
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Oct 1st, 2013 at 10:58 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't really know, I was hoping something like a checklist with monthly/weekly/daily goals
    I've tried a number of them, but I don't remember the names of them. There are a lot of free ones on iTunes. Search for "to-do" list, or "scheduling", and you should come up with a lot of them. My aim was just to have a checklist for reference, while most of the apps required that you put a date to them, and the app would give you a reminder.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How to you make pickled cabbage? I make my own sauerkraut because I like the taste of home-made one, but it's also a very good source of pro-biotics.

Thanks for the tip on the price. I should start myself another batch of sauerkraut. Even though it's just my husband and me, I never seem to make enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    goonight everyone. I will be canning apples after I get the boys off to school and then I need to start to prep my pickled red cabbage which I have been wanting to make for over a year and with the cabbage on sale this week for .59lbs no better time. Hope everyone has a good sleep and I'll see you sometime tomorrow.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I cleaned my house 7 years ago I know I am able to do it,just be focus,no need to see the mountain.
    Cath what does this mean?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Casey - I hope you claim the "sport" discount or whatever it is called on your income tax. I know that's WAY down the line but could help. How about doing a clear out of some of their unused toys and sell them on Kijiji? Do you do a craft? There are lots of fall bazaars where they rent tables.
    Hey there. Thanks for the suggestion. We do claim everything possible lol I'm going to continue to purge. I don't craft unfortunately so I will continue to keep selling I'm expecting a consignment cheque within the next few days so will see how much that is and go from there Thanks everyone!

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information