User Tag List

Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Off home to start dinner. Butterflying boneless skinless chicken for the bbq with rice/perogies and veggies (cleaning out the fridge so onion, peppers, mushrooms and asparagus with garlic )
    Enjoy the evening everyone! Hope to report later tonight that I got something extra done other then the regular daily stuff
    That sounds delicious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Somewhat productive day today

Started on one of my October goals now that I'm feeling better... Closets and "spaces"... Cleaned out our bathroom vanity drawers and medicine cabinet (holy expired medications!) and cleaned out our kitchen pantry and DS' bedroom closet.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My sister and mom joined us for dinner. My oldest ate 2 huge breasts! Somedays he eats tons other days not as much. Hard to keep up! I have a small bite size of chicken leftover for my lunch tomorrow with rice and the leftover veggies. There is a bit of rice leftover so I will heat up a chicken breast from the freezer (cooked already) and add that to the rice for my youngest with a side of fresh cut cucumbers for his dinner tomorrow night. I have to bring him dinner so he can eat after school care at the arena before hockey. Glad I have something ready for him! Kitchen is cleaned and 2 loads of laundry done (will have to put away tomorrow night) Just fried up 3 eggs (my oldest was hungry again so made him an egg mcmuffin) and took out 2 English muffins to defrost overnight so I can make both boys the same for breakfast with a smoothie.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    That sounds delicious!!

Thanks, it was pretty good! I'm just happy I was able to use up the huge container of fresh mushrooms I bought last week. they were getting old!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So nothing done tonight other then the regular day stuff. Oh well, visiting with family is very important too. Nice to have them here and I need to do it more often. We just seem to be so busy all the time! So off to bed now to finish my book and then read a magazine my sister gave me (her husband picked it up for her but she only likes People so its brand new) It's US WEEKLY. I don't mind a mindless read now and again Night all

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I am up early hubby went off to work at 6.30 and I decided to make homemade turkey noodle soup-this time I didn't put any yellow powder bullion in it just seasoning -as I cant stomach that stuff when my mom made it other years she would put a ton in and I had gas heartburn and wouldn't eat it -so I hope its okay next time I will buy chicken stock in the carton -but I had enough skin on for flavour after I boiled the" crap" out of it then threw the skin away-my son loves soup and his wife so will take them some tonight-got a load of laundry in before 7.00 so its cheaper too -gee I am so frugal some days-lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Frugalbigmama I so feel the not enough time, Lately I feel like by the time I get home, make dinner, clean up dinner, take a shower, make my lunch it is time for bed.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Retiree View Post
    Nancy, I did a stint in the payroll department at the school board. One of the projects I worked on was the implementation of pay-direct retiree benefits.

There were a number of retirees who found the benefit premiums a financial burden. When they wanted to reduce their benefit premiums, some chose to drop the dental plan, which was an expensive part of their benefit plan. The reasoning was that a dental check-up every 6-9 months could be budgeted for, unlike the medical/drug benefits that could/would cover some pretty expensive drugs over which they had no control of when they might be needed. Would this be an option for you?
    The dental is definitely 1 of the things I am thinking of dropping exactly for the reasons you mentioned, the medical I'm still on the fence, would keep for me but thinking of dropping the kids for sure and maybe dh as I was told I can change this down the road if I choose to do so. thanks
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    So sorry, Nancy. As someone said, please let us know if we can help in any way.
    thanks Crochetlady for your kindness

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Had my eye scan done today. Doc was really pleased. My eye is back to normal. I may have to do a yearly maintenance injection but we`ll see when I go for my next checkup in Feb.
    that's great news and I'm sure sure a relief

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Do you know how much the car costs you per week, adding in all the maintenance, insurance, plates, etc.? $19,000 over 11 years actually works out to $33.22 per week. With not having to pay for the car costs (plus all the costs of winter tires, wiper blades, washer fluid, ...) you might have more than covered the cost right there. With couponing, a rebate program like Checkout 51, and a rewards credit card, you might have some extra.

If you still need more, is there a special hobby or skill you have? Sometimes, there are ways of making money that you don't even think of. My sister-in-law came from another country, had a high school education, no formal training, but she was able to cook. My brother would open his lunch at work and his co-workers thought it smelled much better than the lunches they were out buying. Soon, they were paying $5 per packed lunch that my SIL made. It was an extra $25/week, per person, and she had a few customers.

Do you like to walk dogs? Clean houses? Garden? Deliver newspapers? Wash cars? Bake? You could also look into soap making to sell at local craft shows. I hear they're very popular and sell for top dollar.
    wow when you break down the per week it doesn't seem to bad plus the other stuff maybe somewhat manageable I should stop focusing of the big figure and go with weekly like you mentioned. I'm not really crafty but funny thing is I have been wanting to try my hand at soap making (cold process) I think perhaps this weekend I will pick up some of the items and give it a try, you never know. Fantastic that you SIL made some extra cash on her yummy dishes. thanks for your suggestions I will be looking at this from a different point of you and my pity party has come to end.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    LO woke up screaming at 1:00am because he is running a high fever again. He's been sick since Friday, running a fever off and on, lethargic, sometimes throwing up or having diarrhea (Friday and Saturday), and not really interested in eating solids. It's a good thing that he is still bf, so he's nursing more often than usual right now...but we know that that will help him a lot.
    poor little monkey hope his fever breaks and starts o feel better soon.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sorry you are having such a rough time with your family. I don't understand how people don't sense that they are not wanted somewhere.

My sister started texting me rude comments about how I must be feeling better since she hasn't heard from me. I made it clear that I shouldn't have to update her on my health when she knew I was in the hospital and that if she was concerned about me at all she would be the one inquiring how I was doing. She knows she's upset me but I am not calm enough yet to tell her how hurt and angry I am.

Same goes with my dad, only see him when he needs something. Dropped in last night and asked me to iron his pants for him for a funeral. I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't say no.

Nobody likes conflict and I think that is the biggest problem we don't stand up for ourselves because of the fear of upsetting other meanwhile we are the ones that get upset with ourselves and let it fester and makes us angry and sometimes sick.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Frugalbigmama I so feel the not enough time, Lately I feel like by the time I get home, make dinner, clean up dinner, take a shower, make my lunch it is time for bed.
    Yup! Tonight 1 kid has hockey right afterwork (I have his dinner in the fridge here at work and then I have to rush to parent night for my other son) I will get home after 8. And I'm trying to eat healthy so probably won't eat till I get home and want to put the laundry away tonight so will be lucky if I get that done!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well got done 2 appointments today, lunch done and cleaned and tidied up the house (with the exception of the dining room table which DS has crafts sprawled out all over).

Going to list a couple things on my Facebook free groups and a couple on Kijiji I no longer need and get veggies ready for spaghetti tonight since it will be a quick dinner after getting the new car back from the shop when DH is done work.

congrats on the new car

Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information