User Tag List

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

love the coat nancy
    -the pain may be from a cavity I have in behind my front tooth-he is going to fill it on wed -but I feel better today-hubby and I went for a walk along the bay this morning for 30 minutes -I was refreshing

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    marching on with savings the sequel
    lol
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hand scrubbed all the floors. Our offer goes in at 8:30 tonight. :O

Nervous and excited.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Hi All,

All caught up on the thread post, busy ladies .

Friday was a snow day so hubby didn't work .

Nothing too exciting went on around here except I was happy to line dry the clothes outside yesterday and today , I love the smell so much and dries way quicker than hanging downstairs.

Purchased a new to me coat from a face book group knowing that the coat would not fit me at the present time because it was a Medium but to my surprise it`s just a bit snug but soon it will fit perfectly, here is a picture of the coat, I wanted to use it as an inspiration to lose more weight so that it would fit perfectly.

Nice coat.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today I picked up 1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese and a 4L jug of milk at NF. I used a $1 off coupon on the cream cheese, so it only cost me $1.48. The milk was an unexpected surprise. I was chatting with the young manager at the till about how their milk has gone up in price. He commented about how they'd better make sure they change the price on the signs. I was briefly confused until he gestured to the big wall by the tills. It still had the old price of the milk posted on it. He said that the big sign hadn't matched the increased price for 2wks already. I thanked him as I proceeded to SCOP my 4L jug of milk. I liked this young manager before, but I like him even more now. I plan on going back on Tuesday to get another jug of milk...especially if the sign still hasn't been updated. We go through about 3 jugs of milk a week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Nancy, I actually just had one of those weeks were I kind of felt like my world was crashing down. things were not good at work, thing were not good at home and well to all of you ladies who are married are very lucky, me and dating is not going well and I was just down. Kind of questioning why I work so hard and felt like it was getting me no where.

Mom is home and really sick, luckily we use the same puffer because she texted me she thought she needed her puffer, but her puffer was expired but luckily mine was not so she was able to use that until she can get to the doc. This is one of the huge downside to having viral asthma since you do not use a puffer regularly when you need it, it is expired. My step mom and sister also have viral asthma and we all have the same issue with puffers being expired when we need them.

@ Granger good luck with the offer and yes it would be neat with the family history

@ coupon girl, I don't understand why you should still be experiencing pain from a crown done a while back, hope it gets better soon

@ Mrs. S congrats on your 1st official order, is it for the wedding pews?

@ Hydro, sounds like you are weighing out all your options, 1 thing to consider is your current financial situation and possible 3 year future income, as long as your dh has a steady income it should be fine

@ Ashley where were you the last week, I was going to post but figured you were busy, hope your mom comes back in a good mood, sorry to hear about all the stuff at work
    I agree on the bells and whistles, it is something I always think of when buying new appliances. My dad and step mom built their dream home and my step mom decided to get a top of the line dishwasher had all of these buttons and was computerized. Well needless to say with 4 children in the house it was constantly broken as a dishwasher is at perfect level for little fingers to play with. After a few years and another break down my step mom down graded so to say and was much happier as she had a dishwasher that was not constantly broken or waiting for parts to come in.

@ Insane hope your figures are right on, hun great news

@ Mac congrats on your new stove, I personally think the less bells & whistles the less needs to be repaired
    I am going to have to pay attention to those large signs never really pay attention but might come in handy when checking out if the signs are not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Today I picked up 1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese and a 4L jug of milk at NF. I used a $1 off coupon on the cream cheese, so it only cost me $1.48. The milk was an unexpected surprise. I was chatting with the young manager at the till about how their milk has gone up in price. He commented about how they'd better make sure they change the price on the signs. I was briefly confused until he gestured to the big wall by the tills. It still had the old price of the milk posted on it. He said that the big sign hadn't matched the increased price for 2wks already. I thanked him as I proceeded to SCOP my 4L jug of milk. I liked this young manager before, but I like him even more now. I plan on going back on Tuesday to get another jug of milk...especially if the sign still hasn't been updated. We go through about 3 jugs of milk a week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Well, we're getting a new car. Hubby and I made the decision today. Life for us is ever changing and we were thinking about a bigger car, but we decided to go with the economical choice and get a car that is about the same size as what we have now (a teeny bit bigger).

We thought carefully about our current economic state. Quite frankly, it is not good. We're living frugally and trying to repay debt quickly and also save for a downpayment. We don't have "disposable" cash and it has been stressing me out about how we would pay for repairs for the old car. Taking on a car payment when we were almost ready to pay off a car is a bit upsetting, but we had a high interest loan, so taking on one at a very low interest rate is good. My husband has a decent job and it is stable. He works very hard and is healthy. I will be returning to school next year, but that was already calculated into our long term plans.

It makes me happy to have a safe and in working condition car....but I HATE cars.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Here is the update!

Got a call at 6:30 pm saying we would be competing with one other offer.

So we went with plan B) dropping condition of sale of our home and giving more than asking price !

WE GOT IT! OMG WE GOT IT! We are under our budget on the house price even with the more than asking price!

If everything proceeds accordingly we will be living in the house my MIL was born and raised in!!!

I am so excited. We have a 90 day closing, so lots of time to sell too (the homes in our area usually go in a month or less, as I have said before, and we plan to price competitively!)

So it is 4 bedroom. Has 3 pc and 4pc bath. Eat in kitchen. Living room-dining room combo. Huge foyer and great room. Double car garage for DH. Gazebo. Shed. Tree house. Basketball court/hockey rink. Sun room and room to roam. It is rural. Across the road from in-laws and we got a deal like you would not believe. It is in move in condition.

Here is the cheese: Dreams really can come true!!! Praise God!
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Feb 23rd, 2014 at 11:18 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So happy for you Granger - congrats!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

So happy for you and your family Granger!!You will be on cloud nine for a long time!!I hope your home sale goes smoothly!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The milk was an unexpected surprise. I was chatting with the young manager at the till about how their milk has gone up in price. He commented about how they'd better make sure they change the price on the signs. I was briefly confused until he gestured to the big wall by the tills. It still had the old price of the milk posted on it. He said that the big sign hadn't matched the increased price for 2wks already. I thanked him as I proceeded to SCOP my 4L jug of milk.
    I saw a lower price posted for milk (large poster in the window) than what was on the shelf at SDM. I did not bother to ask as I've had issues with this SDM before. Once, the TP was supposed to be on sale but scanned at a higher price. The store claimed that it was a chain wide error and none of the stores in the area could change the price and therefore SCOP didn't apply. I called HO and they agreed with the manager. I don't see anywhere in the rules of SCOP that in the case of system glitches, SCOP is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Thank you Nancy, I actually just had one of those weeks were I kind of felt like my world was crashing down. things were not good at work, thing were not good at home and well to all of you ladies who are married are very lucky, me and dating is not going well and I was just down. Kind of questioning why I work so hard and felt like it was getting me no where.
    I hope things get better for you. Sometimes, things seem the worst right before they get better.

This has been an odd week. We had a furnace guy come in to drop off a new filter and he used the washroom. The cabinet under the sink has lost it's felt tabs so it makes a really loud bang when it closes. I heard it bang shut while the furnace guy was in the washroom. Later, I went to refill the TP upstairs and noticed that a roll of toilet paper was missing from my distinctive stacks. Just one. That's really odd. What sort of maintenance man walks away with a roll of toilet paper?

Yesterday, I asked my sister about an item she regularly buys which was on sale. I picked up two from WM earlier, but she didn't want them this time. I happened to be in the store and tried to return them, but the CSM said I couldn't return them because I had used a coupon on the receipt. I said she could keep the value of the coupon, I didn't mind, but she said no, only exchange. Well, if I could exchange for anything else, that was fine too. She said no, I could only exchange for a product from the same manufacturer for a similar item. That made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Why would I want to exchange the item for the exact same item in a different size? If she wasn't the manager, I probably would have asked for one.... I ended up spending $50, but wished I didn't because I would have preferred giving my business to another store.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Here is the update!

Got a call at 6:30 pm saying we would be competing with one other offer.

So we went with plan B) dropping condition of sale of our home and giving more than asking price !

WE GOT IT! OMG WE GOT IT! We are under our budget on the house price even with the more than asking price!

If everything proceeds accordingly we will be living in the house my MIL was born and raised in!!!

I am so excited. We have a 90 day closing, so lots of time to sell too (the homes in our area usually go in a month or less, as I have said before, and we plan to price competitively!)

So it is 4 bedroom. Has 3 pc and 4pc bath. Eat in kitchen. Living room-dining room combo. Huge foyer and great room. Double car garage for DH. Gazebo. Shed. Tree house. Basketball court/hockey rink. Sun room and room to roam. It is rural. Across the road from in-laws and we got a deal like you would not believe. It is in move in condition.

Here is the cheese: Dreams really can come true!!! Praise God!
    Wow! Congratulations!

I can't believe you have a tree house and a basketball court... So happy you got a deal on something that's as expensive as a house. That's like savings from a decade of couponing! Praise God!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-granger so happy you got the house

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-last night i got a call around midnight -I was asleep so it woke me-glance at the phone and thought it was my son
    -well it was my moms girlfriend 40 years she knew her)it was her daughter-in-law calling to tell me she passed way-I cried
    - I just feel so sad so many people have died this past year(its funny her and i got really close I visited her once a month(i feel she was looking out for me)
    -she was in her early seventies-and I just talked to her last week-she was sick and going to the doctors- don't know what happened
    but this funeral will be hard for me
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hydroxybutane View Post
    Well, we're getting a new car. Hubby and I made the decision today. Life for us is ever changing and we were thinking about a bigger car, but we decided to go with the economical choice and get a car that is about the same size as what we have now (a teeny bit bigger).

We thought carefully about our current economic state. Quite frankly, it is not good. We're living frugally and trying to repay debt quickly and also save for a downpayment. We don't have "disposable" cash and it has been stressing me out about how we would pay for repairs for the old car. Taking on a car payment when we were almost ready to pay off a car is a bit upsetting, but we had a high interest loan, so taking on one at a very low interest rate is good. My husband has a decent job and it is stable. He works very hard and is healthy. I will be returning to school next year, but that was already calculated into our long term plans.

It makes me happy to have a safe and in working condition car....but I HATE cars.
    Congrats on your new purchase you will definitely not have to worry about car repairs for a while and it sounds like you have a solid head on your shoulders weighing all your options and chose the best option for you, again congrats
    macw1960 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information