User Tag List

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Went over to the world caroling challenge across the street last night. Lots of people singing off key, in other words, a lot of fun! The Amarula and Disaronno people had closed up shop (wonder if they're allowed to sample their own wares to keep warm?), so no extra cheer to keep me warm.

Have lots of errands to run this morning, then lots of baking to do this afternoon. At least I'll have helpers willing to pre-wash the dishes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Have some laundry to do today (wash/dry and put away) that is the plan!!!
    Gifts to wrap! Leftovers of this and that for dinner I think.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-woke up at 4.30 with a sore throat -lets hope I can nip this in the bud -took medicine drank hot lemon and honey

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope is passes quick Coupon girl.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh dear coupon girl. hope its just a dry throat. take care.

slept in this morning. felt good.
    lots to do to prep for xmas day dinner.
    not too much work.
    need to do a small load of laundry for dh for work. didn't touch it all weekend. *shock* i know.

still trying to work out a couple of gifts. man im so planning out next year in advance. we need to decide, stay or go!!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Me too Mrs Sunshine!!! I am going to go gung ho in January and plan out all birthday/special days etc in advance. Tired of this last minute shopping/thinking. Already have my 1st bday in February figured out for my 16 year old, Driving School and a new mountain bike! Will grab the bike in January (or next week when out shopping for deals) and hide it at my mom's house! Already started my for my niece's 1st Bday in June and now what else I want, a water table so will be watching sales at Toys r us!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I still have a bit of wrapping to do tonight and need something else to buy. Will finish up today for sure

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got woke up by a rude telemarketer this morning. Told her I wasn`t interested in being entered in a draw. She insisted I couldn`t know if I was interested because she hadn`t told me about it. After her telling me this 5 times I told her if she didn`t take no for an answer I would hang up. She beat me to it. lol
    Looks like another pain free day...have the odd twinge depending how I move my head.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone peak at the flyers posted to start Dec26th? Few deals but for sure $1.97 bacon and $1.97 Tostitos at Food Basics! I have peameal bacon in freezer for Christmas morning breakfast but now may pull the last package of reg bacon too since I know I can stock up. Will ask the kids what they want. Pretty cheap breakfast planned peameal (2.99 reg $8.99 marked down) 18 eggs $1.97 at Freshco this week, Free cavandish hashbrowns (usually make own but want to enjoy morning not be in kitchen) OJ (free from cereal) bread $1.77

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had a $10 sale at lunch ( 2 WII games) and another $10 sale lined up afterwork ( Axe - I bought too much for kids and I got it on sale an used coupons) and 2 Dog stockings (picked up for $1 each at Loblaws boxing week) bought 4 and keeping 1 for our dog and one for a gift.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Well my mom called yesterday and I told ds1 I would call her back as I was busy making supper.

She briefly spoke with ds1 and then spoke with ds2 and excitedly told him they would be here for Christmas at my house .

I called her back after dinner really thinking about my approach and choosing my words carefully.

I told her than we were tired of being ditched for Christmas again this year, this is now year 7-8, I can't remember exactly but anyways, I straight out asked her if they would still be there in Arizona had their blue-cross coverage (health insurance) not been denied and she said yes they would still be there without a doubt.

I told her that we felt like there back ups plans and used, that the only reason they want to come is because they are back in Canada and have nowhere to go and that that doesn't make us feel very good as a family.

She said to me well when you get old you will leave your family for Christmas also and I calmly said no I wouldn't leave my family for Christmas to spend it in another Country with strangers , she said well time will tell .

I told her that I wasn't saying they could come and I wasn't saying they couldn't come and then the awkward silence where she got snippy and said well we'll just stay home , seriously she tried to guilt me into having them over and make me feel like the bad guy.

Dh & I spoke many times about this last night and again today throughout the day and I don't appreciate being made to feel guilty about their plans not working out and being made to feel like the arsehole because I am not over the moon that we are their last choice to spend Christmas with. Dh says that the final decision is mine and that he will stand by me whatever I decide to do which is comforting.

Why is it that I did nothing wrong and I'm being make to be the jerk.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OMG Nancy.. she's real piece of work.
    stick by your guns. you don't deserve to be treated that way at all. EVER
    sorry my door only hits those in the A&& who treat me like that.
    you enjoy christmas with your hubby and kids. they are what matter, sadly i dont' know if your mom will ever get that.
    nice to hear you hubby stands behind you no matter what.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I wouldn`t back down. She needs to know that she can`t bully you into doing what she wants. Your family comes first and if that means they spend christmas alone, so be it. Maybe they can invite someone who has nowhere else to go to spend it with them. After all they weren`t planning on being with family anyway.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks ladies, yes they are both very selfish
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Busy day here, I hired a cleaning lady to help me with the heavy stuff as I am still weak for all the health issues, first time for me.We spent more time visiting but got lots done!! A new friend is better than a clean house any day!
    Made blue cheese and pecan dip, poppycock and chocolate cheesecake with coconut, shortbread and pecan crust, looks wonderful, will top with chocolate ganache and raspberries for Christmas dessert!! Prime rib is defrosting in the fridge and will prep meat and veggies for our Christmas eve fondue, two of my daughters will be here early on the 24th to help with the last minute prep and house tidy. Getting excited!!

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information