User Tag List

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My moms computer was 10 years old and she always had issues. My sister And I went in together on her Xmas gift and bought her a laptop. She was really surprised and loves it. I'm happy we did that. She deserves it.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

frugalmama. what magazine did you borrow that picture of the dining room of??? gorgeous!

were buying mom a new tablet for her 80th. she wore out her old one. its an android. her new one is a samsung.

im clearing out my closet. had enough.
    all pictures are going through a scanner. plus all important documents.
    time to get rid of a few hundred thousand pics..
    reorganize my 'craft' items, glue scissors etc. little bits i keep on hand for projects.
    its all in my walk in closet. need to get the xmas stuff we kept pared down to a couple of boxes.
    really wish dh would just sell his lights. 5 boxes.. oi he's a collector.

dh works tonite (tomorrow off) im home finishing up laundry, tackling little bits here and there. trying to encourage kids to work on their stuff too.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Just stopping by to wish everyone a very
    Name:  happy-new-year-2015-greeting-sms-with-quotes-hd-wallpapers.png
Views: 151
Size:  159.2 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    frugalmama. what magazine did you borrow that picture of the dining room of??? gorgeous!

were buying mom a new tablet for her 80th. she wore out her old one. its an android. her new one is a samsung.

im clearing out my closet. had enough.
    all pictures are going through a scanner. plus all important documents.
    time to get rid of a few hundred thousand pics..
    reorganize my 'craft' items, glue scissors etc. little bits i keep on hand for projects.
    its all in my walk in closet. need to get the xmas stuff we kept pared down to a couple of boxes.
    really wish dh would just sell his lights. 5 boxes.. oi he's a collector.

dh works tonite (tomorrow off) im home finishing up laundry, tackling little bits here and there. trying to encourage kids to work on their stuff too.
    Thanks. Not bad for hand me down table and painted hutch ( it was my moms and solid oak. I gave away the top glass/wood China holder part) and painted the base black. And my bestie talked me into the bright wall colour lol. We call it crime scene red and did not a bad job painting considering we drank wine while doing it! Thinking of repainting it soon though

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-love your dining room frugalbigmama -love the colour too -my family room is burnt orange -not everyone likes it but we do -well havent been out since monday so going to visit sister-in-law and hubby's brother and try to eat out

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

FBM the dinning room looks amazing
    ROMEO, Angela273, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-this will make you laugh. For some reason your DR pic was upside down on my screen so I was trying to find the arrow to flip it around and couldn't( can we say technotwit!). It wasn't until later it dawned on me I could just turn my laptop upside down to see the pic-nicely done. I must be a bit slow or tired today!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl enjoy your dinner out, hope you and dh can eat a little comfortably

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!
    I wen t later last evening to pick up a few things at Coop. My husband had bought some wine for Christmas and they had 5.00 off Butterball turkeys hang tags on them, he kind of thought it was funny he could find coupons at the liquor store so he had to buy some!! Anyway they expired today and the Butterballs were on sale so I picked up two, they also had a deal if you spent 100.00 you would get 10.00 off a turkey, as well as the Coupdon app had 1.00 off turkeys. I had an awesome cashier and she let me use the 10.00 off if you spend 100.00 on both turkeys so I ended up paying 8.00 for both after using the 5.00, 10.00 and 1.00 coupons on each one. She said no one uses the coupons in that store often and she was happy to see them used up before the deal was over. I am still a bit shocked but really appreciative. They also had a one day coupon for tri pack peppers for 1.00. My total bill was 130.00 before all my deals 90.00 after all the coupons, so I am feeling pretty good about that.
    Both my 17 year old and 25 year old decided making money tonight was more important than partying so they posted they would dd for people tonight on their facebook pages. Well they are booked solid starting at 7 this evening, I told them to have a nap because it doesn't look like they are going to get much sleep tonight. Also barf bags and paper towels and wet wipes!!I am glad they are doing it together for safety, and they know most of the people that have booked, but alcohol does funny things to people.It is a beautiful day here and shouldn't be much over 0 degrees so the roads should be clear.
    I wish everyone a wonderful evening and great things for the New Year!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Dec 31st, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hey all,

Good grief where did the year go I must admit I am not sad to see 2014 come to an end as it was a financially difficult year for many of us.

I got a lot done while the guys were gone, I got 2 coats of stain on the shelves that will be going into Jaden's existing room (soon to be Logan's) so now dh can spray paint them (don't ask) .

I washed the stairs, the dogs dishes, emptied the house of all garbage and recyclables (hoping this is a good omen - that all this years sh&t is gone and over with) or atleast the house is clean.

We are getting ready to head over to in-laws for supper, I'll be back in later and will start the January 2015 thread before bed, we are not going out to celebrate and that's fine as I'm normally in bed shortly after 10pm depending on my energy levels.

Wishing everyone a fabulous evening, have fun but be responsible

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy New Year All!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

DON"T you dare touch those walls Frugalmama!!!

im conquering here too. one 'bit' at a time.
    feels good to toss stuff.
    i'll be back in periodically when im taking a holy crap break.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My biggest financial accomplishments in 2014 was I created a budget and have been pretty good about keeping within the budget. We also got rid of all the fancy cable channels and switched to a phone service that costs less than 4.00 a month. That dropped our internet and cable bill by 100 bucks a month.
    Here is our extra savings for the year (I created an excel spread sheet to track it)
    PC plus was 960.00 all on groceries
    AIR Miles 200.00 also all groceries
    Checkout 51 and snaps saves $210. With another 80.00 in the mail that I will count in next year’s tracker.
    SDM 685.00 for Christmas gifts and giving to people in need (my brother lol)
    I never kept track of kijiji, but that was a couple hundred dollars
    Plus a few MIR rebates and ebates and close to $800.saved with coupons.
    You Ladies continue to inspire me and push me to the next level so I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    DON"T you dare touch those walls Frugalmama!!!
    +1 I totally agree, looks fab as it is!

thriftygranny - amazing shopping! Gah, I totally forgot about those printed coupons for things each day at the Co-op...

My son has been doing the same as yours on NYE for the past few years, he's driven friends back and forth and made some good cash.

Oh, there was someone on here who had said a while back she was a big fan of wedding shows - just saw an ad for W network that in the new year there will be Say Yes to the Dress Canada.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

excellent deal on the turkeys Thriftygranny and great way for the kids to make some extra cash tonight, smart thinking

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread Information