User Tag List

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening everyone,

What a productive last few days for dh & I

1. Christmas decorations, trees, etc all packed up and clearly labelled (very detailed labels) to make it so easy this upcoming Christmas that if I am looking for the beads bam look at the label

2. Dh is organizing his 1 box and still purging , he is even listing some of his movies to sell AND he keeps saying how downstairs looks so great

3. Dh is fixing a coat tree we got at the re-use it centre a month or so ago, it should be ready to be painted tomorrow

4. The mudding and sanding has been done downstairs in Jaden`s soon to be room and the paint is purchase, most likely will get done on Monday or if I`m super lucky tomorrow but time will tell.

5. While dh had the drywall mud out these last few days he went around the whole downstairs doing touch-ups and did sanding so great news is when we have a few extra dollars to purchase a large plastic pail of paint, we will just be able to start painting as all of the prep has already be done, so happy about this.

On another subject I have been posting tons of stuff for sale as I got the green light from dear....the stars must really be aligned

DH is getting a lot done but is really being careful and resting his back and is now in love with Voltaren which he gets me to apply twice a day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    the store right beside our redbox- grocery store, has free codes they hand out.
    ad tursdays are free movie night . Promo code is THURSDAY
    awesome thanks

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Happy Birthday andit! Mine is coming up later in the week. My very smart brother married a woman with the same birthday - so he has no excuse to forget either one. I LOVE having a Jan. birthday because it adds a little light to the darkness after Christmas. Sounds like you have lots of neat things planned! Enjoy! BTW cath007 and I share a bday. I haven't seen her posting
    for a while. I hope she's ok!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My gosh! I,m impressed that thief admitted it! Will any charges be laid or is this a negotiated solution? How can that person look you in the face?

What sport does your son play? That's pretty spectacular!

Sorry about your dis-assembled kitchen. My dh always tries to tackle repairs but then will inevitably call me to fix it. I'm more "handy" than he is - but he likes to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    So hubby has been trying to install the dishwasher since last night. Also decided now would be a good time to fix the drip under the sink. I'm going on 24hrs with no water in my kitchen. We are a family of 6. Care to guess what my kitchen looks like? It's not pretty. I know he's super frustrated as nothing is going the way he thought. It's a nightmare But I was ready to call a plumber like 12hrs ago! Trying to be grateful for the work he's doing. But argg....this girl needs a kitchen.

I'm off to the high arctic next week. Hopefully get some overtime to pay for my son's next squash tournament. He made the Canada Winter Games team, which is so awesome. (But means I need to take him to another out of town tournament before the end of February. If you see any hot deals on west jet, let me know!!)

Oh and I filed an RCMP complaint for the theft. The RCMP called the person who stole from me and this person admitted to it!!!! Said they would pay me back the money. I'll believe it when I see it. But I'm glad they admitted to it. Makes it easier to forgive and move on.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

WOW. i can't believe they admitted to it, lets hope the RCMP follow up and make sure they return it all!

J&C i love the fact your dh is doing so well with his bins.
    dh also informed he i'll be purging ALL my xmas items as well. if we decide we want to decorate this coming xmas, its all going to be new... ok..
    that includes his 6 boxes of lights. YES!. thats 3/4 of our walk in closet.

so went to my crochet club.. um best part of the night next to beginning a new project with an extra roll of yarn i had on hand, was leaving..
    lets just leave it at that. think i'll remain a solitary crocheter.

so not sure what tomorrow brings for me, tidy up here and there, send my son off on his first official date. (hopefully 3rd time for trying)

looking forward to the nice weather were getting next week. 'balmy' they call it.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. I hope your son has a great 1st date. Also as they say strike when the iron is hot (lol) so purge purge purge

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I sold an item yesterday and have another 2 picks up today, my diligence in asking if we really need this or if they can be sold is literally paying off .

The monies are going into my renovation kitty as Logan's room is next and the spray foam kit alone is $735.00 + txs (hoping for a sale) or will pm Lowes as it tends to be cheaper than HD. But it's great motivation.

It's amazing the creativity juices that pour out so to speak when you have a determined goal or atleast a plan of action

Wishing everyone a great Sunday, may it be as frugal as possible.

Looking for names for the February thread, so post away

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Doing the happy dance my 1st pick up this morning was interested in other items I had posted on the local facebook page, he purchased $75.00 worth of stuff but was only supposed to pick up a $20.00 item

My 2nd pick up came as well so my total today is $90.00 for my reno account a.k.a spray foam kit .

Well getting ready to head out to the re-use it centre, I'll report back with my treasures
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

WELL DONE Nancy!! thats awesome. love how that worked out!!

i'd love to visit our re-use it centre. its by the LB but it was so much fun.. sadly with our new resolution, pft. that won't be happening.

thinking im going to sit down and make a list of items/areas we need to go through. than mark them on the calendar as we go.
    we both know what's been done, what needs to be done. how much we make if we sell anything.
    would love to put the money towards our future adventures.

just as long as *I* don't end up on hubbies purge list, we're all good LOL.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-went to shoppers this morning needed a few items -more than a few -having my hubby's brother and sister-in-law over so bought some ferror rocher -carnaby brand on clearance for 1.97 and cashews to put out
    having a nice roast bought at freshco awhileback for 7.00
    cleaning my house to washing floors sheets toilets its nicer out so opened the bedroom window to air the upstairs out

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

I'll stop back later to chat, but for now, just wanted you all to check - there are updates to the apples recall - includes slices, caramel apples, and other provinces

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397797-...a/#post6259156

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Afternoon all.
    Hubby is wtching the game. I am working My daycare prep. it will make my job easier this week.
    made my menu plan. = no take out.
    doing the laundry on cheap time.
    working swagbucks.
    all in all a frugal day
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm behind the times but what is swagbucks is that the search engine where you earn points if you have a word of the day etc?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    WELL DONE Nancy!! thats awesome. love how that worked out!!

i'd love to visit our re-use it centre. its by the LB but it was so much fun.. sadly with our new resolution, pft. that won't be happening.

thinking im going to sit down and make a list of items/areas we need to go through. than mark them on the calendar as we go.
    we both know what's been done, what needs to be done. how much we make if we sell anything.
    would love to put the money towards our future adventures.

just as long as *I* don't end up on hubbies purge list, we're all good LOL.
    It all starts with a plan Mrs. S. and I would say with your dh wanting to purge you are off and running

I didn't know you had a re-use it centre, was everything free there like mine? I love our re-use it centre so many great items (I'll post my find/treasure in a bit)

Can't wait to hear about your future adventures

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -went to shoppers this morning needed a few items -more than a few -having my hubby's brother and sister-in-law over so bought some ferror rocher -carnaby brand on clearance for 1.97 and cashews to put out
    having a nice roast bought at freshco awhileback for 7.00
    cleaning my house to washing floors sheets toilets its nicer out so opened the bedroom window to air the upstairs out
    Oh Pat I am sure your company will enjoy the treats (great bargains as usual).

It must be warmer in your neck of the woods, I wouldn't dare open the windows today as it's so raw here but I love the smell of fresh air.

Have a great visit and have some chocolates for me, please

Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information