User Tag List

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. I have a turkey in the oven. dinner with FIL3 planned. leftovers lanned for meals for the next 2 days. doing house work. laundry on the cheapest time. Netflix for entertainment .
    nice low key day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Giseldta sounds like a wonderful day, enjoy your supper and movies
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi all.

Ashley sounds like you`re making a lot of progress.

Angela Sorry to hear you`re so sick. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Andit Happy you`re surgery went well. If you figure out how to bottle that energy could you send some this way?

Haven`t been sleeping much this week so I finished my 4th baby afghan this morning at 2:30.Will start another this afternoon. Put some steaks in the oven for hot beef sandwiches for supper. Other than that nothing going on.
    Andit, Natalka, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Oh Angela that sounds miserable. It may be worth considering trying the meds-I would not want to see you having to be in the hospital to manage your alll day nausea.You certainly have my sympathies! I hope you will feel better soon!
    I'm with Lizzie but perhaps you can find a natural anti sickness remedy on pinterest of ask the pharmacist, hope you feel better

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    did the shoppers 20 x point thing. everything I got was on sale,and on my list. love it.
    Went to foodland. got sales, spent 20.00
    good for the week.
    under my budget for 100.0 for week.
    awesome shop indeed, how many people are in your household? that's amazing $100.00 per week,

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon again. i was up until 5 am this morning. just couldnt' sleep.
    fell asleep as my alarm went off..
    so late start.. and its yucky out.
    good day to stay inside.
    planning lots for tomorrow/this week.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Jasperandchar- I have 5 people . 3 adults, 1 17 yr old boy,and a 12 yr old girl.
    2 lg black labs, 3 cats.
    and I run a home daycare.
    my weekly budget is 225.00,including pet supplie, bathroom and laundry stuff well.

I shop sales. a lot. price match, coupon where I can. and cook from scratch. We eat, very little processed foods.
    I also garden a lot.

right now I am using up pantry stuff. I will save the 125.00 out of my gr budget for a week with good meat sales..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Avon Hope your husband feels better soon.

Angela so sorry to hear how sick you are. My cousin's wife was the same with her pregnancy and was sick pretty much all but one month.

Well yesterday's plan did not go as planned. We went out and did our running around, took a return to the post office to mail back, ran into No Frills to grab a couple things for back to work so far we have spent under $15 on groceries this week but have not really looked at the flyers to see if there is anything we need. Came home and had something to eat and than we both took a nap which never happens in our house, neither of us nap but Mom is fighting off a cold and my sinuses gave me one horrible headache. After our naps we had dinner and managed to get the book shelf completed, in total we had somewhere between 10 to 15 boxes of books in various places within our house that needed to be put away, so this gave us back a lot of floor space. As well I emptied 3 boxes in the dinning room and sorted through what we called Nanny hospital bag, it was everything that was left in her room when she passed, it has been living in our dinning room for over 2 years now. Bag has been emptied and taken care of.

Today so far laundry has been started, I also need to clean off the coffee table and make it functional again plus clean up a pile that has formed in front of our TV unit which I want to clean. I have become slightly addicted to Swiffer Dust & Shine if it is wood I have to clean it and the TV stand is next on my list. I would also like to clean up my stockpile today but we will have to see if that happens as I also need to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. As well I need to figure out if I can make it to the dumpster as I have my third shopping cart of garbage and recycling ready to go out but not sure I can get the shopping cart to the dumpster right now due to the weather.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Ashley hoping you and your mom feel better, sometimes a nap is a good thing, I personally cannot nap unless I am deathly ill but wish I could.

I would say you did awesome, sounds like you are BOTH getting your house back which must be wonder in some many different ways (the space, the peace of mind, the space, etc...).

Don't take a chance and fall out there, the garbage can wait another day or until the weather improves .

So pleased with your personal progress with your house, your mom and your personal aspirations/goals .

Can't wait to see before and after pictures when posted.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Jasperandchar- I have 5 people . 3 adults, 1 17 yr old boy,and a 12 yr old girl.
    2 lg black labs, 3 cats.
    and I run a home daycare.
    my weekly budget is 225.00,including pet supplie, bathroom and laundry stuff well.

I shop sales. a lot. price match, coupon where I can. and cook from scratch. We eat, very little processed foods.
    I also garden a lot.

right now I am using up pantry stuff. I will save the 125.00 out of my gr budget for a week with good meat sales..
    Gold star Giseledta, smart lady, I'm trying to use up our pantry stock as well, finding things I forgot about and need to use before they expire or best before.

You are working wonders with your budgeted weekly shop with all people, pets, and everything else .

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My personal goals for the month are going to be
    - leftovers for lunches (dh & I)
    - bump my items for sale on facebook page (daily)
    - use up pantry items for meals, juice powders, etc
    - go through stockpile / storage room and donate items that are no longer used/needed
    - pack up Christmas decorations
    - bring 1 Rubbermaid box up each week for dh to go through (will place beside his wing back chair)
    - have Jaden downstairs in his new room by next month (dh & I)
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sun, Jan 4th, 2015 at 02:03 PM.
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Everyone seems so busy!

Congrats to those that announced that they are expecting over the holidays. And thoughts n prayers for those that have been feeling under the weather lately.

I've been sick with a cold since the 6th of December. Bf my mom and his mom have all ganged up on me telling me I need to see a dr. I told them I'd do something Monday if I was not feeling any better...so I guess I will have to book something. I do not want to sit for a walk in.

Because I haven't been feeling good all I've done since Thursday other than go to work Friday is...unpack my suitcase (dragon is happier now that it's empty she does not think I am leaving her) a load of laundry and sit kinda comatose on the couch.

I did pick up some Xmas gift wrap for next year -I got 6 rolls of the extra wide rolls for 10 dollars (5.99 each here regular price) and then 4 rolls in a pack for 1.50 (75% off)

I've been looking at this monthsbudget. So far power is way over what I expected.i read though northland utilities (atco) is not being renewed by the town to be our supplier because people feel they have been price gouging this area. They supply power at lower rates to other towns in the nwt.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    haha FBM - well you do wonders with your shopping so I bet you did better than me .

Score on the free school uniforms they are so pricey (unjustifiable in my opinion specially since the kids have no choice) just my 2 cents....you can see this is a bone of contentions with me
    Pricey indeed and this year my daughters school went with a different company whose uniforms are totally cheap. One of the best deals I ever scored on kijiji was garbage bag full of uniform items for $100. Well over $650 worth of items. I always keep an eye on kijiji.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I looked back and last year I averaged $129 per week to feed our family of 3 including one teen girl. I think food is more expensive here than in Ontario but cheaper than the far North for sure-no cats and dogs included here! Anyway for less than $20 per day we have a healthy diet with lots of variety. There would of course be room to cut back if there was ever a need to-somehow after watching that Call the Midwife and watching the baby eat bread with condensed milk it is amazing the variety of healthy foods most of us have, compared to post war Britain where I was born!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Jan 4th, 2015 at 06:53 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

we can't decide what we want for dinner. Chinese take out or eat our leftover pasta d
    from Friday night. Decisions. It's a lazy night now.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Leftover pasta-save the money for another night when you want to be "off".
    @Andit -hello! Was thinking it was about time pirate lady would update us to her adventures offline. Sorry to hear about your Mother getting visibly ill so quickly! Great having a bed nearby when stuff like that happens. And you had to tend to your pet dog-your words prove that animals sometimes cannot make it to the loo on time just like us humans!
    @Lilo 003-paper shredding is one of life's best activities ever created! Like you and other SCers doing organizing and clear outs of expired coupons & papers, I believe we all kind of have noticed which savings plans (PMs, coupons, loyalty cards & points programs) have worked the best for each of us. That can be really helpful in directing which stores will get our business and limit the running around to occasional visits to the other stores. Especially with winter weather now getting with its usual weather patterns, who wants to be in a store more than necessary when you could be doing something you WANT to do for yourself at home?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information