User Tag List

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

And my deal Friday. Lady had stuff for sale on a mom swap. Nice white serving dishes, 6 huge nice pasta bowls, glass bowl etc all for $5. And then a tall bookshelf for $10 ( wanted for storage room). Sent someone to pick up kitchen stuff on Thursday for me since I was away ( she agreed to hold bookshelf as I needed my SUV to move it on the Friday). Well my frien went on Thursday and no obe was home when lady said she was home all day. Asked if I could get next day with bookshelf and she said yes ( they were moving out of province). Went Friday and all was on porch with note saying FREE!!!! And other stuff too! I took small bookshelf instead since tall one wasn't sturdy and I was alone. . Score!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

That's great FBM! I keep looking for deals on shorts/dresses for my girls and maternity clothes for summer, but I feel like people want prime dollar. I will keep looking! I don't like paying more than a $1 per item for kids or $2-5 for adults. Otherwise I might as well clearance shop at the stores.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I managed to sell a few more things today on Facebook. Couple sets of books. Unused speakers. Yesterdagy was a couple books and a bag of wool

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good (?) morning, everyone.

Still sicker than a dog, well, thankfully I'm the only sicko in the family right now. Lily dog is bouncing around, happy as can be. She's now even demanding her antibiotics, so she can have an extra treat. Made the mistake of trying to do a few things yesterday when I felt a bit better, which left me weak and woozy. Learned my lesson. The most strenuous things I'll be doing today are walking Lily dog for all of 30 seconds and taking a shower, preferably for longer, and not at the same time.

Better go drink some hot water (I'm tired of tea - you don't want to know how many teapots' worth I drank yesterday ) and have a few crackers.

Hope everyone has a healthy wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit hope you feel better soon
    @Frugalbigmama well worth the wait free is great and awesome on the fries
    @saundyl so happy about your sales = extra $ and congrats on your computer jobs
    @Natalka hope your ankle is doing better today
    @bobbiegirl it seems we have a few of the same meals this week, will post my menu plan until end of month after lunch
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning all & Aloha to @lizzie bargain

Well I've spent the morning doing some budgeting or should I say forecasting/day dreaming . I will chat with dh later once he gets up, he went to bed too late and went back to bed after Jaden left on the school bus, I'm so grateful hubby does the 5am wake up with Jaden.....geez I would be a real mess as mornings are not my thing.

So what I am going to run by dh is that new UCCB the one that starts in January but we don't get the funds until July I believe in a cheque form and then monthly direct payments of $120 per child, please correct if I'm wrong on this folks.....
    1. I would like to take the lump sum payment and deposit back into 1 of the many accounts that we depleted to pay off our LOC back in September 2014 and then play catchup 1 account at a time until we are back to where we should be.
    2. Also in April if any funds are left after all the musts are taken care of, I would like start putting $ back into our celebration account (birthdays & Christmas).

Roast pork, mashed potatoes, sweet peas and gravy for dinner tonight
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Nancy if the recipes for frosting do not work let me know and I will ask Mom, I have honestly never made frosting I just let Mom do it.

Andit Hope you feel better

Meal Plan for this week:
    Yesterday - Pasta Bake with Garlic Bread
    Today - Most Fab Marinated Chicken Breast (New Recipe found online) with Rice and Roasted Veggies
    Tuesday - Mexican something to use up some leftover Taco Meat
    Wednesday - Out of Town but have a 4 pm phone meeting so might take Pasta Bake (my room has a microwave) or will grab a Sub on way to Hotel
    Thursday - Still out of Town will grab something on the way back to the Hotel maybe Swiss Chalet, I am slightly obsessed with their Club Wrap
    Friday - Come home but might go out of town for the weekend so literally come home drop off one suitcase and am on the road again so probably something on the go
    Saturday - Out of town hoping for something fancy maybe some Japanese
    Sunday - Thinking Frankie Tomatoes for a Late Lunch
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon Andit.
    I got an earlier than usual start this morning. Have 2 towels done and a few more started. I have to have about 25-30 ready to deliver to the store on Thursday. It`s going to keep me hopping.
    Tomorrow morning I get another eye injection so that means I won`t be doing anything til after lunch.
    Hope everyone has a good day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    That's great FBM! I keep looking for deals on shorts/dresses for my girls and maternity clothes for summer, but I feel like people want prime dollar. I will keep looking! I don't like paying more than a $1 per item for kids or $2-5 for adults. Otherwise I might as well clearance shop at the stores.
    I totally agree. I do much better on clearance and haven't bought used in years. (clothing)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar . I think that sounds like a smart financial plan.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have a hockey game tonight so I'm just thinking leftovers from last night (Turkey meatballs, salad, asparagus, mashed potatoes (we made the oven fries on Sat night- since I didn't have a plan I had pulled pork/turkey burger patties from the freezer Sat night )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Now you have me thinking Jasperandchar- I guess I get that money too lol

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Forgot to mention that the circus is in town. And, yes, I already have my tickets (taking my Mom).

Name:  P1080355.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  23.7 KB

If you get a chance to see Cavalia, it is sooo worth it (it's in my top 5 all-time fav shows). Think Cirque du Soleil, only with horses (which makes it waaaay better!).

Name:  P1080350.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  64.7 KB

It's just south of me, but not sure which of us is on the wrong side of the railroad tracks?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went to the doctors today -I am on antibotics again 2 months later -honestly I am sick of being sick this winter
    -stopped into giant tiger -are's was just renovated nice big store - no crowded

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information