User Tag List

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I can't remember a year when i didn't have the majority of my gifts and wrap purchased long before December!!
    I am done most stocking stuffers and have bought fabric to make new stockings this year.Wrap, gift bags and cards are done. I have two totes of clothing (sweaters and hoodies) from Boathouse and Boootlegger that I got for 70% off for all the men in my life!! I bought some new decorations for 70% off at Taraget, I want to do white and gold this year. I think I may have a problem!!
    I utilize all points programs to use in November to purchase gift cards, and groceries and of course lots of gifts at Shoppers with my Optimum card.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Mar 19th, 2015 at 09:54 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I tend to shop all year round - if I see something I know someone will like, I buy it if it's on sale (well, clearance). My aim is to have everything bought & made & wrapped by Sept (Oct at the latest). All depends on what life throws my way (last 2 yrs, my health issues have thrown a monkey wrench into my plans).

As for wrapping paper, I swore I wouldn't buy any this year...darn Walmart had the cutest roll with Santa holding a lab puppy. Really, how could I resist???

I might try making origami earrings with some of the wrapping paper for my friend who likes funky jewelry. I got the idea from here, although the design I'm planning will be far different. Might have to wait to make them until Nov, since all the Xmas stuff has been packed away.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, I really like this thread as there is nothing better than to be ready for Xmass. I will visit this thread often as I too want to be ready. Thank you.........................

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I was thinking that it may be a good idea to start making lists of items of things that people say they wish they had and while I was at it I might as well make a list of things I would like...usually ends up being household items that I could use.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Andit - The snow is just melting enough to actually SEE our outside Christmas decorations so, hopefully by the end of March they might get put away. (I'm away next week.)
    I'm also re-organizing all the extra indoor Christmas decorations that we have - but that project has been on hold - life has gotten in the way and now income tax.

J&C - Thanks for starting this! Whether we like it or not, next week we will be 1/3 of the way through the year!

I have LOTS, and LOTS and LOTS of wrapping paper. I'm pretty well set up for Christmas Cards but at $1 or more for each card for postage made me stop and think this year - but in the end I didn't reduce the list any - but saving points to off-set seasonal expenses is a good plan.

I tried to "give away" extra gifts this year that were "too young" for the intended recipients. I tend to buy throughout the year and then, because some people are easier to buy for, I wind up with too many for some people and not enough for others.

Planning - WHAT A GOOD IDEA!!!!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

there was no 2014 Christmas for us, when we had the bad news DH stop turning the Christmas light on....so hoping 2015 will be better

p.s. i didn't forget to buy gifts for 2014 though
    Last edited by Mia001; Thu, Mar 19th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stocked up on paper, boxes, bags, bows, and tape. A few stocking stocking stuffers have been purchased but target let me down after Christmas this year with after Christmas one spot merch. Well we all know the target scoop which is causing me heart palpitations due to no more,70-90% clearance deals. Did pick up some toys for nieces and nephews and family we sponsor, and ornaments for my nieces from Bombay company at 70% off. Also picked up Christmas napkins and Christmas crackers and new candle holders for Christmas dinner table. Also ordered some clothes for niece and nephew from children's place at super prices and free shipping. So off and running.

dh saw a food show featuring food from CNE they made stuffing waffles with mashed potatoes turkey and gravy...thinks we should make for Christmas dinner. Lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Can't wait till I get home from vacation to sort my Christmas stuff lol ( sitting in the airport now waiting to board to go home ). I am stocked up on wrap and tags so ready to wrap once I get organized. Plan to have shopping done by Mid Oct and wrapped by Nov 10th as I want to go South again 2nd week of December!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I can't remember a year when i didn't have the majority of my gifts and wrap purchased long before December!!
    I am done most stocking stuffers and have bought fabric to make new stockings this year.Wrap, gift bags and cards are done. I have two totes of clothing (sweaters and hoodies) from Boathouse and Boootlegger that I got for 70% off for all the men in my life!! I bought some new decorations for 70% off at Taraget, I want to do white and gold this year. I think I may have a problem!!
    I utilize all points programs to use in November to purchase gift cards, and groceries and of course lots of gifts at Shoppers with my Optimum card.
    thriftygranny I'm in shock awesome job , talk about a stress free Christmas - the feeling must be amazing
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I was thinking that it may be a good idea to start making lists of items of things that people say they wish they had and while I was at it I might as well make a list of things I would like...usually ends up being household items that I could use.
    Great idea macw1960, everytime I hear someone say I would like that or that might be interesting it goes on the list especially my aging parents who don't need anything but sometimes say....and down it goes .

It's like you said a lot of people ask for things for the home and well guys like their tools

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    there was no 2014 Christmas for us, when we had the bad news DH stop turning the Christmas light on....so hoping 2015 will be better

p.s. i didn't forget to buy gifts for 2014 though
    oh dear, wishing you a great 2015 Christmas

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Stocked up on paper, boxes, bags, bows, and tape. A few stocking stocking stuffers have been purchased but target let me down after Christmas this year with after Christmas one spot merch. Well we all know the target scoop which is causing me heart palpitations due to no more,70-90% clearance deals. Did pick up some toys for nieces and nephews and family we sponsor, and ornaments for my nieces from Bombay company at 70% off. Also picked up Christmas napkins and Christmas crackers and new candle holders for Christmas dinner table. Also ordered some clothes for niece and nephew from children's place at super prices and free shipping. So off and running.

dh saw a food show featuring food from CNE they made stuffing waffles with mashed potatoes turkey and gravy...thinks we should make for Christmas dinner. Lol.
    LOL....DH and I watched the same show "Carnival Eats" and they looked yummy!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    thriftygranny I'm in shock awesome job , talk about a stress free Christmas - the feeling must be amazing
    It is nice to not be stressed at Christmas it is such a busy and expensive time of year. i started keeping a small notebook in my purse this year of the things I have already purchased and things I am looking for for people. It is too easy to buy too much of something when you start this early!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

279 Days until Christmas

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

278 days, who's excited (lol)

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information