User Tag List

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yesterday was my ultrasound at 26wks 1 day.
    Baby boy weighs 1lb 15oz. He has averaged 3.4oz a week in weight gain since my last ultrasound 5wks ago. His heart rate was 150bpm.
    Baby girl weighs 2lb 1oz. She has averaged 3.8oz a week in weight gain since my last ultrasound 5wks ago. Her heart rate was 128bpm, but the ultrasound technician said that was fine.
    They were both fairly active throughout the ultrasound. I currently have 4lbs of babies.
    Good to read all is going well so your baby girl's heart rate is slower than her brothers? I couldn't help but think you may have a laid back little girl and a go-getter of a boy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went and exchanged running shoes that DS said were a little tight. My sister bought my oldest shoes in Jan and grabbed a pair for youngest in the next size up since they would be 1/2 off. So totally free exchange and $2 and change put on Sportchek GC since there was a bit of a price difference. So new $89.99 shoes for free. My sister rocks

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Having a couple of those run-around-in-circles type days. Off to my Mom's for the weekend (my friend just got here & is playing with the critters before driving us all out there, what a sweetie!). Lily dog is playing hostess, so I can sneak on here for a minute or 2.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I spoke with with my dad last night, my mom underwent surgery it was a very risky surgery, they were unable to unblock the 2 blocked heart valves so that is not good news, they told her the odds going in that there would be a very large chance they wouldn't be able to unblock them. The valves were both blocked in February when she had her heart attack and they suggested medication vs. the surgery she just underwent. I will try and reach her later after 4pm, I am sure she must feel very discouraged and will want to rush home. I know she will also jump in that rv of theirs as they were supposed to leave this past Monday for out west for 4 months. The doctor did inform her prior to surgery that she could not go anywhere near the mountains due to the altitude and her hear condition. On another note dh is home and now napping and has not mentioned the cottage once....yippee...I'm not just not in the mood, I feel emotionally drained with all that is going on with my mom. Wishing everyone a wonderful evening and weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-hoping your Mum recovers well and that you can have a relaxing weekend at home. And maybe get a reasonable explanation about the unexpected charges on your credit card. Happy long weekend to all!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

It's so hard to hear Nancy when our loved ones are not doing well.
    we always try to encourage mom to just dad be, at his age, is it worth fighting over that extra cookie.. even if his sugars are up.. lol.

I guess as long as she's happy and enjoying herself.. what can you do..
    its odd.. i read the obits daily.. i swear at least once a week i read that someone has passed on vacation in Florida or somwhere nice.
    i'm like. wow.. what a way to go.. your body relaxes so much from resting..
    sorry i know not what you want to hear.. i'll shut up now..

so been one of those weeks.. boxes are slowly getting ticked off...
    i finally decided to use one of dh's memory cards to get my stuff on line to sell.. i'll just delete pics.
    until i can get mine in and replaced.

Due to our circumstances spending money over the next few weeks is going to be skint... despite dh's raise effective June 1.. same day his hours are reduced til the fall...
    really praying something falls in our laps.. ie. a lottery win..

anyway.. for now.. enjoy your long weekend all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Nancy sorry they couldn`t unblock the valves. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@jasperandchar So sorry to hear about your Mom. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

My FIL has been having the same health problems since his failed bypass surgery in October. He has been in and out of the hospital at least 5 times and he's been told that another surgery is too risky. Since Feb he has been stabilized with his medications but I know he's not following the Drs orders. Last wknd when he was visiting we offered to make him something to eat (he also has type 2 diabetes and we were late starting dinner) and instead he asked my MIL to go to the store. She came back with a large bag of bbq chips. Only a month or two ago my FIL gave my BIL all his canned veggies because "they were too high in sodium". Now he's eating 1/2 a large bag of bbq chips for a snack.... I feel like he's given up and just going to do what he wants...
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Fri, May 15th, 2015 at 05:29 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your kind words, prayers and thoughts. I called my mom at 4pm and she's home, they acknowledged she has a faulty valve that was part of her triple bypass surgery 2 years ago I think. DH came home with his tail between his legs so to speak, no unexpected frivoulous spending just a lot of gas (gasoline) lol at very high prices....sigh...I won't comment on the end total but next time his dad will take his truck & pay. well wishing everyone a wonderful evening filled with relaxation.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Tonight looks like: bathing girls, putting them to bed, finish course work, tidy up and prep for tomorrow.

Hoping to shower myself and cuddle up with a program or two. I may have to let those go until tomorrow depending on how long the rest takes!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well got home at 7.20-son bought me Harvey's burger -yumm
    -my one knee killed me all day-so I iced it too "ashlyn"to the park In afternooon -figured walking my help it
    -papa showed up in his schoolbus cause he had a bit of time in the afternoon inbetween his runs-well she was so excited to be on an empty bus -ran up the isle,sat in his chair I got a few nice snaps with my camera
    -tiring but fun day

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C - wishing all the best for your mom, will you be able to visit her this weekend? (sorry, I don't remember if your families live close or not...)

Today, I ended up having bouts with my Meniere's, and it's not been pleasant. I had a few signs yesterday, so I should have known it was coming back - but I've had a lot of ear pain, nausea, and it's just general ucky feelings.
    It usually only lasts a day or two, so hoping it won't be here all weekend.

Hope you all have a lovely evening!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Update:

Three hours after writing last post done all must dos and ready for the weekend. Probably won't check in tomorrow until later.

Tomorrow: update to do for the week and get a little cleaning done, birthday party for a cousin in the afternoon, dinner and bedtime routine, course work and sleep.

All of this should allow for a relaxation Sunday and a happy balance of R&R and yard work on Monday.

Shower will wait until tomorrow. Hunger is presiding and I have some Chicago Fire to watch.

Peace.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Chicago Fire episode was good!

Good day, everyone!

I was up just after 2 a.m., so two hours' sleep - I was really, really feeling crappy. I'll catch up with a bit more sleep later this morning.

Enjoy the day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yes our freezers are over flowing and are "supposed" to only be buying fresh items now that I have stocked up on a couple of meats we were missing but well there are some issues. Last weeks for example we were just supposed to buy cheese which we needed and the essentials we needed (milk, yogurt) well I did not have time to write the list so Mom did. I got home and it was 2 pages long I do not know if she was hungry when she wrote it or what. I cut it back drastically but heard about it but I stood my ground the week before we went completely over budget there was not money to do that this week. We will see what happens this week. I brought her car to work this morning as she said she would not be going out this morning but sounds like she has a plan for this afternoon which I know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @SassyAshley- Didn't you mention before that you have 3 deep freezers full of food? If I were you I would make do with what you guys have and spend minimum only on fresh stuff. Really plan meals with food on hand. Use up frozen and canned veggies. There are always sales and only 2 of you. I would be doing this and saving the grocery money for the future. Having those freezers plugged in must be costing you hydro too? Just my not asked for opinion
    Unfortunately we have tried this, I would give her the money or even my credit card to buy groceries and she will stick to the list even if it is my credit card (I think she wants to avoid the massive mood I would get in if she over spent on my credit card) but the issue here being she has her own cards so what she would do is buy what I had on the list with the cash or my card (I like to use my credit card as I get cash back and no annual fee) then buy the extras and put them on her card. The huge difference here is I can pay off my cards she cannot. Which comes back to bite me because it never fails she won't be able to make her minimum payment and then I hear about everything she has put on her card that was for both of us and will say a huge part of that is groceries and I can fight until I am blue in the face that these are her extras but she some how loses memory of this. It is a horrible circle we are stuck in but now over the past year I have helped her out so many times there isn't much left to help her out as I currently cannot save any money and pay our bills. I am pretty much living pay check to pay check and it is taking about 90% of what I earn to keep our house afloat. The bonus being I can work overtime at my job but even that lately is not enough due to some surprise bills I have received from Revenue Canada as they change something I do not understand due to work status (full time employee in a family company) but the company looked at it and there is nothing that can be done but they have gone back 3 years. We though we had everything sorted out and paid for and then they found something else and who knows if this is the last one, I was told the one before this was the last. So pretty much I feel I am bleeding money. Sorry for the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    @SassyAshley Just a thought but is it an option for you and your Mom to start paying for groceries with cash only to keep your Mom within the grocery budget? Your Mom sounds like the type of person who is too easily tempted to use credit and debit cards and overspend. She may not like it but if staying in budget is a necessity then going the "cash only" route may be the only way for her to stay on budget.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information