User Tag List

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh TG-what a bite. If you were in Calgary you should have come to see me!! Hope your day goes well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Oh TG-what a bite. If you were in Calgary you should have come to see me!! Hope your day goes well.
    I was in Calgary!!And I thought of pm'ing you, maybe next time!!My son in law came with me this time, he is a cabinet maker and he wanted to look for some exotic wood from a specialty store, poor guy waited a long time for me.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Having a do-nothing day. Lily dog is at the window, spying on the neighbours. Quincy cat (it's MINE, everything is MINE) is sulking in his bed, cause he got in trouble for trying to chase her away from her window seat. On the plus side, Lily dog is back to normal, I suspect her upset tummy is a result of too much food being wolfed down far too quickly (half a loaf of bread with spicy dip is not a good thing, even if she is a master manipulator ).

Off to check on neighbour critter (I'm babysitting again, even tho she's not terribly fond of anyone other than her owner). I'm tempted to take Quincy cat along, but I don't want him to be terrorized by someone half his size.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well we are alone on father's day(and that's fine) (I babysit this week anyway)-son has plans with his in -laws and we told him he didnt have to come by-as when "ashlyn"wakes up they are going to swiss chalet-my daughter spent it with us last week
    -we spent the day looking at patio furniture and bought a nice wicker 2 higher back individual pieces ,ottoman /coffee table and love seat at Canadian tire in red -(walmart's sets this year had thin cushions and were crappy came out to same price as walmart's crappy set

-gonna go get a cold drink and sit outside-supper tonight bbq hamburgers and salad
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Jun 21st, 2015 at 03:03 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lol, coupon girl I think that it is the one we have. Best investment ever. We also bought a gazebo and I spend every evening sitting outside. In face I am sitting in it now.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lilo 003 happy belated anniversary @Andit hope Lily is her old self again poor pup @thriftygranny how upsetting to wait and wait and then be told that a report will be sent back, kinda of leaves you without answers for another period of time but like you said someone else must have been in worse shape like you said,
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl enjoy your new patio set

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We all had a wonderful time at the cottage. I'm so pleased with prepping foods ahead and such so it make it so much less stressfult (lol). I purchased a pack of Bud light apple beer, I'm not much of a drinker but I thought it would be a nice treat, drank 2 over the whole weekend (see what I mean) but it's really good and I highly recommend if you are not really a beer drinker. Wishing everyone a wonderful Father's Day evening, we are also have burgers on the bbq (I took out the frozen meat before heading to the cottage so it could defrost slowly in the fridge). No take out as it's not in the budget but that's fine as the guilt sinks in 1/2 hour after enjoying the food (haha) that $ could have been spent elsewhere's.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well we are alone on father's day(and that's fine) (I babysit this week anyway)-son has plans with his in -laws and we told him he didnt have to come by-as when "ashlyn"wakes up they are going to swiss chalet-my daughter spent it with us last week
    -we spent the day looking at patio furniture and bought a nice wicker 2 higher back individual pieces ,ottoman /coffee table and love seat at Canadian tire in red -(walmart's sets this year had thin cushions and were crappy came out to same price as walmart's crappy set

-gonna go get a cold drink and sit outside-supper tonight bbq hamburgers and salad
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Lol, coupon girl I think that it is the one we have. Best investment ever. We also bought a gazebo and I spend every evening sitting outside. In face I am sitting in it now.
    you two with your Veranda Beach accessories, I am jealous a little although this set we use now under the gazebo is holding up better than we ever thought. ( it's not wicker though it would never hold our weights...ouch. ) Jays are still holding on here!
    No cooking tonight which works well enough for me.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

A family from church dropped off soup for dinner tonight. It is humbling accepting help, but we need it right now. DD#1 is doing much better. Clog not so much. DH is going to dig tomorrow if there is still no drain movement (we tried a really potent anti-clogger today). No point in rushing things on a Sunday when services aren't available (on Father's Day especially).

Trying to stay positive, but I would just like it dealt with and over. Other things that should have been done have been delayed. Of course we are trying to have things under wraps around the property before baby comes.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Accept the soup and all the care that went into making it for your family Granger, I hope your girl is mending quickly, my last was prone to pneumonia and It is a scary, I hope the worst is over. Hoping you wake up with cleared drains in the morning.
    Nancy the Budlite apple sounds interesting, I despise beer but I have just discovered Magners Pear Cider that has a beer like taste to it and I love it and I am not a drinker, I will split one with my daughter now and then, Yup I'm crazy like that.
    Coupon girl and Lilo sounds like your patio sets are wonderful, I just recently recovered all my cushions and pillows, it is tough to find the right size replacement cushions for the sets.I am really happy with how they turned out.
    Sassy hope you feel better soon.
    Walks what can I say, glad to see you posted on the thread, everyone needs a dose of your common sense and humor!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Having a do-nothing day. Lily dog is at the window, spying on the neighbours. Quincy cat (it's MINE, everything is MINE) is sulking in his bed, cause he got in trouble for trying to chase her away from her window seat. On the plus side, Lily dog is back to normal, I suspect her upset tummy is a result of too much food being wolfed down far too quickly (half a loaf of bread with spicy dip is not a good thing, even if she is a master manipulator ).

Off to check on neighbour critter (I'm babysitting again, even tho she's not terribly fond of anyone other than her owner). I'm tempted to take Quincy cat along, but I don't want him to be terrorized by someone half his size.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Everyone needs those days sometimes. Enjoy yours when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post

Congrats on the new patio set...sounds really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    A family from church dropped off soup for dinner tonight. It is humbling accepting help, but we need it right now. DD#1 is doing much better. Clog not so much. DH is going to dig tomorrow if there is still no drain movement (we tried a really potent anti-clogger today). No point in rushing things on a Sunday when services aren't available (on Father's Day especially).

Trying to stay positive, but I would just like it dealt with and over. Other things that should have been done have been delayed. Of course we are trying to have things under wraps around the property before baby comes.
    Hope your daughter gets better soon.
    I hate accepting help too but sometimes it`s necessary.
    Hope your clog is gone in the morning. What did you use? Our bathroom sink drain is slow so I should do something before it`s clogged.
    @thriftygranny Sorry about your appointment but I guess emergencies come first. Hubby`s eye surgery was canceled a few years ago because there was an emergency. We were thankful we hadn`t left home yet.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    We all had a wonderful time at the cottage. I'm so pleased with prepping foods ahead and such so it make it so much less stressfult (lol). I purchased a pack of Bud light apple beer, I'm not much of a drinker but I thought it would be a nice treat, drank 2 over the whole weekend (see what I mean) but it's really good and I highly recommend if you are not really a beer drinker. Wishing everyone a wonderful Father's Day evening, we are also have burgers on the bbq (I took out the frozen meat before heading to the cottage so it could defrost slowly in the fridge). No take out as it's not in the budget but that's fine as the guilt sinks in 1/2 hour after enjoying the food (haha) that $ could have been spent elsewhere's.
    I doubt anything would make me drink beer. Probably a good thing since I`m not allowed to have anything but an occasional drink. Haven`t had one since I over indulged a couple years ago and had to go off my arthritis meds for 6 weeks. So not worth it. lol

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    We spent most of the day cleaning the trailer. It fared pretty well for being closed for 2 yrs, it's a pop up, everything got a good scrub and then we will give it some time to air out and load it up for camping. I kept the lists on my iPhone. So we don't get somewhere only to realize something critical was left behind. One yr it was pillows. We also had two lacrosse games and our player score 2 goals in the second game. He is not one to take the shot so we were pretty proud and they won by a score of 5/3 so those goals mattered.
    Freshco was already out of the roasts so I am hoping they restock by Tuesday. .
    Congrats to your son on his game-influencing goals! Here's crossing fingers you can get some roasts!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just posted a pregnancy update in my twins thread.

Both babies are now head down. Baby boy weighs 4lbs and baby girl weighs 3lbs 12oz. I have been in a lot of pain for the last 3wks and my OBGYN put me onto medical leave yesterday. My husband and I are both happy with this. It's been a long few days, so I'm going to head to bed soon.
    I hope your taking a leave will mean you can rest and not have so much pain! You've been working hard and life is about to get very complex once these little ones arrive. Take care!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information