User Tag List

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

TG-enjoy your break-we do have a $US account we can draw from so not too woried about the unfavourable exchange rate. It will actually be in our favour( but not for many others) if it goes lower as we can cash some into Canadian and bring it up here. Of course it will hit us all in the pocketbook especially at the grocery store etc.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh that US account makes it way more fun Lizzie!!

I am missing doing some online back to school shopping at Quicksilver and DC Shoe Co for Jayden, It ;t doesn't make sense to pay the exchange.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hello everyone. It`s a beautiful sunny day...down to 23 so much more comfortable than the beginning of the week.

Have the first load of laundry ready for the dryer and have 2 more to do. Also want to finish the baby afghan I`m working on.

There`s so much going on in Frugal Land but here goes.

Congrats Angela on the birth of your twins. There`s lots of fun and hard work in your future.
    @Granger congrats to your DH on his new job. Hope you and the baby are doing well.
    @lizzie sounds like you`re having a great vacation.
    @SassyAshley Hope things turn around for you soon. Just do what you can...the rest will wait.
    @thriftygranny Hope you get good news on the 10th. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
    @saundyl Hope it doesn`t take too much longer for your bone to mend. Good luck with the flex...had never heard of that before.
    @coupongirl Enjoy your quiet time with DH and your lunch with your friend.
    @Andit good to hear Lily is back to normal.
    @Natalka congrats on the new little one in the family. My niece had her first grandchild a couple weeks ago.
    @jasperandchar Do I see some alone time in your future? I hope your depression lifts soon...it`s not an easy thing to deal with. This week was brutal. Almost caved and asked a nephew to come and put the AC in the window but then it started to cool down a little so we didn`t bother.

Take care everyone and have a great long weekend.
    Andit, Natalka, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Hello everyone. It`s a beautiful sunny day...down to 23 so much more comfortable than the beginning of the week.

Have the first load of laundry ready for the dryer and have 2 more to do. Also want to finish the baby afghan I`m working on.

There`s so much going on in Frugal Land but here goes.

Congrats Angela on the birth of your twins. There`s lots of fun and hard work in your future.
    @Granger congrats to your DH on his new job. Hope you and the baby are doing well.
    @lizzie sounds like you`re having a great vacation.
    @SassyAshley Hope things turn around for you soon. Just do what you can...the rest will wait.
    @thriftygranny Hope you get good news on the 10th. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
    @saundyl Hope it doesn`t take too much longer for your bone to mend. Good luck with the flex...had never heard of that before.
    @coupongirl Enjoy your quiet time with DH and your lunch with your friend.
    @Andit good to hear Lily is back to normal.
    @Natalka congrats on the new little one in the family. My niece had her first grandchild a couple weeks ago.
    @jasperandchar Do I see some alone time in your future? I hope your depression lifts soon...it`s not an easy thing to deal with. This week was brutal. Almost caved and asked a nephew to come and put the AC in the window but then it started to cool down a little so we didn`t bother.

Take care everyone and have a great long weekend.
    Thank you.

I think they've been out for 6 years now. We test drove one last year and I fell in love. They are a bit of a boxy shape but very smooth ride and a lot of space in them.

I hope it stays cooler for you!

We are splurging and going to a food truck for lunch today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 01:14 PM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Wow! August! To add to our good news about Josette, it was announced at church last week that husbands position is no longer interim and will be expanded to full time as youth and outreach pastor (starting Sept). I still have not figured out our new budget for mat leave (I still receive salary until August 31 - it is divided over 12 months not 10). This is a must goal for us this month. New job will help. Haven't updated finances this week due to baby's arrival, goal for first week!!!
    Congratulations!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I do not plan on posting details and pictures until we are home in Estevan.

However, I did deliver both twins vaginally, head first, without any form of pain medication.
    Eli weighs 6 pounds 2 ounces, 18.5 inches long. Born July 31, 10:45pm.
    Lilly weighs 5 pounds 9.5 ounces, 19 inches long. Born July 31, 10:52pm.
    Congratulations Angela!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Just so the news doesn't get lost.

I do not plan on posting details and pictures until we are home in Estevan.

However, I did deliver both twins vaginally, head first, without any form of pain medication.
    Eli weighs 6 pounds 2 ounces, 18.5 inches long. Born July 31, 10:45pm.
    Lilly weighs 5 pounds 9.5 ounces, 19 inches long. Born July 31, 10:52pm.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Congratulations Angela on you 2 little bundles of joy now the fun begins.We have 2 sets of twins in our family both sets are boys.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

congratualtions angela -2 bundles of joy -lovely names too -natural brave lady (my mom gave birth to me natural I was 6 pounds 13 oz ) not me thou had epidural with both daughter and son

-granger congrats on hubby's new position
    -ladies keep cool its a little better here in southern Ontario -hanging clothing out need to clean house a bit cant get in the mood thou -just bought myself a few high end cosmetics (my eyes are popping with this benefit mascara )I figure I deserve it after couponing for 30 some odd years and putting everybody before myself

-wow august where oh where has it gone -my daughter will be 33 on august 27 (goodness that makes me feel a bit older )

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady glad the weather is cooling down makes it much more manageable
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady glad the weather is cooling down makes it much more manageable
    Andit, Ciel and bobbiegirl2010 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl glad you treated yourself to some high end cosmetics
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

We went to the re-use it centre to pickup Jaden from volunteering.

We got a brand new in the box pedestal sink with the stickers on the sink & box, going to put this in the powder room downstairs which will be a fall/winter project and super awesome we don't have to buy one now.

And looky what dh got also from the re-use it cenre (all new tires)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yay Angela! You had a long labour. Feel proud of birthing from within especially since you were stuck in bed with monitors...I don't know I could have done it in that position for that long. You are strong!

We went out for the first time as a family of 5, to a garage sale and grocery store. We stopped at my parents in between for nursing break, washroom and snacks. They weren't home, just needed space! We got some great deals! $20 for tons of "stuff." Some brand new books for my gift bin. A new toy for each girl, will help with playing during upcoming rain while I have to nurse! A lamp for the piano. Some outdoor toys (a bunch of mini basketballs for our Little Tykes net and a few more mini-sticks so we can have more players!)

Groceries went well. Went to Sobey's and capitalized on deals. We are now a family that people have to maneuver around, lol. I will still be courteous, but may have to give up trying not to be in the way! Excuse us, may be the most effective strategy. My preschoolers are pretty good, but moving 4 or 5 ppl down an aisle is what it is!
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 04:51 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well sadly we have to leave our holiday home tomorrow morning, which means we need to pack the car and clean this afternoon/evening. Mind you we clean once a week at home so really no different. We will still be touring for a few more days before we get home, I will pick the garden one last time tonight so we have healthy,free snacks for the road. The exchange family does not get home until next Wed or Thurs, otherwise I would be courteous and leave it for them! DH went for a bike ride, DD and I went out for lunch and we all went for a beach walk at Rathtrevor Beach at low tide which is such fun for beachcombing.

Then I thought I put the last load of laundry on to wash and off I went to look at brand new show homes-not sure if I could ever convince DH to move out here but always fun to look! I must be having a really good time, with my brain on vacation too, because when I got back and started to get the clothes out to dry I realized they were not even wet yet-forgot to turn it on! We look forward to meeting up with some old family friends in Victoria tomorrow for a picnic and the symphony playing by the inner harbour-admission by donation they said. They have also kindly agreed to tour DD around UVic to see if she might want to attend post secondary there. Have a good long weekend everyone.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information