User Tag List

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

QOTD: Do you ever return things to get a lower price or do you keep the item? And how often do you do it? Does it make a difference on how long you've had the item?

Never have. I make the best choices I can at the time. If something goes on sale at a later date, I may buy it again or more of them.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Where do I find this discussion later in the month?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by immac2947 View Post
    Where do I find this discussion later in the month?
    If you go under your notifications it should show that you are subscribed. or do a search in SC under September frugal chatter and voila
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady that's awesome with the pc points

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

QOTD: Do you ever return things to get a lower price or do you keep the item? And how often do you do it? Does it make a difference on how long you've had the item?

I will and have made returns for the difference in price especially with 14 day policies. I will not make a special trip unless it's a substantial difference in price. Stores are 30 minutes away so gas is key in my decisions.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Where has the time gone, my mind is not accepting it, I tried to date everything I did yesterday August 15th.

Things have been super insane around here lately just getting ready for this weekend. Still quite a few things to get done before tomorrow's delivery, Mom has a to do list for today will see when I get home tonight where she is at. We have to go out tonight which was totally not planned, someone is selling on one of the local sites the bedside tables to go with my bed and dressers, they are selling 2 for $85 vs $70/each. One is damaged so Mom is going to go with me and take a look to see if we can fix it. I was only going to get one for my room but at that price I might as well get both.

Little disappointed I see there is now a better sale on where I go all our furniture coming and they will not even though my order has not been delivered credit back the difference. Oh well sucks as would have loved the savings but this works out better as I was able to get it before the long weekend and hopefully we can get a good chunk done this weekend, still would have loved to save the $$$.

Last night we went to grocery shopping which was horrible they had stock on nothing spent under $20 and we have not shopped in 2 weeks, I should have easily spent $50 but I gave up and left. But before we went shopping we went out to dinner, I order a chicken dish which was raw in the middle (it looks like they did not pound the chicken breast evenly and the center did not cook). I was shocked they comped our whole meal last night both mine and my Mom's dinners plus dessert and they also gave us a $50 giftcard to use next time we go in. I am happy they took prompt action but I just expected them to remove my dinner from the bill. It was a nice surprise and luckily I noticed the raw chicken before I ate it but did not want another, after that I was done.

Well better get this day started my inbox is already filling up. Have a great day everyone.
    If you paid by credit card see if your card has the price protection on large purchases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Vary rarely because I've always lived Atleast an hour away from anywhere we buy clothing or larger purchases. It would be a special trip to return things.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Tomorrow will be a day of canning pears as 1/2 of them are ripe and ready. Also took a peek in the garden yikes tomato aisle so that will be Thursday's plans along with the apples. For this batch of tomatoes I will be bagging them for the freezer for casseroles etc. And then I believe Friday will be pears again

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an amazon code from swagbucks, it says 10 days but wondering if perhaps it is immediate? thought I would check with my frugal and knowledgeable friends 1st.
    Thank you for starting the thread!

Amazon.ca codes for me on sb take anywhere from 2 days to 10.

I get PayPal these days as to amazon I'm considered remote with out regular service (I don't understand that we get mail daily) and they removed remote areas from the prime option so shipping is freakishly expensive. Plus PayPal us use so my 25 dollars these days ends up being more.

I haven't attempted canning or making jam since...I almost burnt the house down 4 yrs ago. I turned the jam off to take the girls swimming....only I didn't turn it off I actually turned it back on. Got home to black smoke rolling out if the house, glass &jam everywhere. Luckily only the wall was scorched and the stove knows were a tad melted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I absolutely return things or get the price adjusted. If it's only been a day or two and anyone refuses to make the adjustment, I get a refund then go and get another one off the shelf and purchase it. It's my money, every cent of it, and I can use it more than big businesses can.
    It just irks me to no end when there isn't a price adjustment policy in some stores....

On the up-side, I just got a 50% off anything in the store from Penningtons and sigh...I guess after doing nothing this past year, I'm back into one of their sizes. But the discount makes it hurt less...

Take care, everyone! Off to camp again Thursday morning...enjoy your long weekend!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Back to reality and wow September.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lol, and I can't use an iPad.
    To answer the August question from Angela DH did the Muskoka iron man. So it's pretty hilly, but he trained for it and finished with a time that he was aiming for. (15 hrs). I am so proud of him, but was so glad to see Gatorade on sale and realize I don't need to buy it for a while.
    I need a frugal month but we have both boys with a bday as well as DH, my niece and my FIL. Sadly September is rarely a cheap month for us. Logan turned 12 while we were away so I took everything needed to bake his cake and saved $$. we also used all our PCpoints for vacation groceries as well as the Freschco gift cards I bought when they had the airmiles offer, so our grocery budget was under for August. I also have no union gas bill this month as we are on an equal payment plan and ,anged to reduce our usage over the past year so we have a "free" month.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Congratulations, Lilo on your power reduction! Not only frugal, but you are saving the environment!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Morning all

Well no car yet but still looking.today i'm off to see the Dr.i'v had a headache going on 5 days doesn't seem to want to let up and my stomach has been aching
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    You and Me hope you feel better headaches can at times be worst then viruses or other things when they will not leave.

I bought the night tables last night, the marks actually looked work in the photo then in person so I am not worried, I think it a little marker and you will never notice.

Fingers crossed my delivery comes early today our delivery window is 9 am to 1 pm, Mom has to be at work at 1:30 so needs to leave by 12:30 so hopefully we are closer to 9 am **fingers crossed**. We got everything cleaned up so they can put the stuff in the areas we need it. Friday will be build day and we will work from there, I am really hoping once we get going it will move quickly, building should not take too long in the basement but unpacking well that will be a whole other issue. We still have the wall unit and desk but have figured out that we can move them to a corner we have not bought furniture for as Mom is not sure what she wants in that corner yet which means we can set up the shelves along the whole wall and work from there. I think it will be a long weekend but well worth it in the long run, secretly in my head I am already planning out next moves. This week has been awesome due to having to make room for the delivery we actually have both the front and upstairs hallway clear and there is just so much room, I am loving it. I cannot wait until the house is clean and I can clean the house without having to move things, just swiffer all the floors and just be able to clean. Oh the thought is so sweet.

Well better get back to my day, have a great day everyone.
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    You and Me hope you feel better headaches can at times be worst then viruses or other things when they will not leave.

I bought the night tables last night, the marks actually looked work in the photo then in person so I am not worried, I think it a little marker and you will never notice.

Fingers crossed my delivery comes early today our delivery window is 9 am to 1 pm, Mom has to be at work at 1:30 so needs to leave by 12:30 so hopefully we are closer to 9 am **fingers crossed**. We got everything cleaned up so they can put the stuff in the areas we need it. Friday will be build day and we will work from there, I am really hoping once we get going it will move quickly, building should not take too long in the basement but unpacking well that will be a whole other issue. We still have the wall unit and desk but have figured out that we can move them to a corner we have not bought furniture for as Mom is not sure what she wants in that corner yet which means we can set up the shelves along the whole wall and work from there. I think it will be a long weekend but well worth it in the long run, secretly in my head I am already planning out next moves. This week has been awesome due to having to make room for the delivery we actually have both the front and upstairs hallway clear and there is just so much room, I am loving it. I cannot wait until the house is clean and I can clean the house without having to move things, just swiffer all the floors and just be able to clean. Oh the thought is so sweet.

Well better get back to my day, have a great day everyone.
    How fantastic for you, Ashley! Less is more when living with stuff...it's so much more breathable and good for the soul! Which reminds me of all the stuff we haven't unpacked since we downsized 5 years ago! Just shows me how little we actually NEED rather than what we want. One box at a time from my parents' home.......which will be the most difficult part, and all the other stuff we accumulated from our large home and years of changing tastes! Everything is in our rather tall crawl space so it was easy to ignore.....but...it all has to go!

Avon, I know you're having troubles PMing here, This iPad behaves very twitchy on this site, too....but I did receive your last email and responded. Hugs to you, my Friend.....

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

no I don't return stuff just to get it cheaper-I do watch my flyers with the 2 week difference -and have gotten money back with my receipt -like nat said if stuff goes on sale I just buy more of it when its on sale

-not feeling that great today -was running to the ladies room just before I left from watching "ashlyn" last night at 5.30 -I think the heat affected me an hour and a half in 38 degrees yesterday staining -just gonna relax today
    -we have chance of thunderstorms today and Thursday -so no staining for me today or Thursday

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information