User Tag List

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar - Sounds like you have the meal planning down!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight's plan: Make dinner. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. Plan tomorrow nights dinner. Thinking something in the crockpot so will defrost meat tonight and get the sides ready. Put laundry on at 7. Bathrooms were deep cleaned on Sunday so will give them a quick wipe down tonight to keep them clean. Have DS go through his books and dvds and put his new Christmas loot on shelf. Clean a shelf in the laundry room while doing laundry. (I cleaned/sorted some of my stockpile on the weekend since I bought Kleenex and sandwich bags and had to sort it)
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh poor ashlyn got worse this morning as I babysat her -called mommy at her work and we picked her up and took ashlyn to hospital -she has croup -my son had that when he was just past 2 -only now they don't keep you in the hospital -give you liquid steroids and you go home -they told her she was contagious to other kids so no day care for her this week -so hard to see little ones sick
    -so relaxing at home -if I had the car would have gone out to return a few items but will on wednesday

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Has anyone ever checked the lost money type sites or the bank of Canada for possible forgotten money? I found my dad's aunt listed on there recently for having 1200 in an account

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    I check yearly but my money won't ever get on that list.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd like to make the Orange and Rosemary oil cake from the Redpath Sugar site. Not keen on buying a small bag of cake flour so will see what the bulk baking bins have for flour. I will check reduced produce section for the orange to zest and juice.

Got my photo ID ($35) application done today. There's a question if you have or ever had a DL that you are to say YES to, even if in my case, the DL was returned last year. Also was asked if I was turning in a photo card or DL orally as well as on the form. Just an FYI in case anyone is in the same situation-tell the staffer they have to look up the DL number in their system.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just earned the 12 month Pampers reward. Does anyone want to trade for one of these options?
    Shutterfly 12x12 Photo Book

OR
    Shutterfly® 5x7 Desktop Plaque
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @jasperandchar - Sounds like you have the meal planning down!
    So far so good, That's 1 of my goals for this year, to take something out the night before so I have no excuses (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So far so good, That's 1 of my goals for this year, to take something out the night before so I have no excuses (haha)
    Me too! But even if I don't have a plan I don't want take out and will make something simple. My guys love bacon and eggs so that is my back up!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all! You are such busy bees!

Well, I was busier today than usual - after days of spinning with bouts of Meniere's!

I have homemade nuts and bolts in the oven, and doing the last stages of prep for chicken casserole for supper, using chicken meat boiled from making soup the other day.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Having DH working at home is a real help. Dinner is ready when I walk in the door. I do the planning and some of the cooking before hand but he does all the prep. Today it was meatloaf. I make them ahead and then freeze them. So I took it out last night and he just popped it in the oven. Tomorrow I already have a peameal roast out and we will do salad with it and eggs for the boys. I am starting to see a gap in the freezer. Finally.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Having DH working at home is a real help. Dinner is ready when I walk in the door. I do the planning and some of the cooking before hand but he does all the prep. Today it was meatloaf. I make them ahead and then freeze them. So I took it out last night and he just popped it in the oven. Tomorrow I already have a peameal roast out and we will do salad with it and eggs for the boys. I am starting to see a gap in the freezer. Finally.
    My wonderful man made me meatloaf last night. It was so good!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done and kitchen clean! Dishwasher ready to run later. Load in washer. Will switch laundry then prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. Chicken drumsticks taken out of freezer for dinner tomorrow night. My honey makes them so good on the BBQ! And both kids like that so a good dinner!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

You`re making me so hungry for meatloaf. Hubby doesn`t like it so I hardly ever make it.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Last couple of days have been a bit rough, apparently I am trying to get a cold. Not that I ever want a cold but could this not have happened when I had 2 weeks off? Monday night I was in bed at 7 pm and slept until 5 am and only woke up to my alarm. Last night I made it until just after 8 pm. I feel like I might be able to fight this off **fingers crossed* but only time will tell. I am making sure I am getting as much sleep as I can as I feel that is the best medicine.

With that being said not a lot happening at home, Monday I got nothing done expect washing a couple things I needed for my lunch. Last night was a bit better I managed to empty the dishwasher, re load it and get the hand dishes done. I have decided on weeks I am home I will only tackle one thing each night after work, I cannot let myself get as worn down as I did last year.

So far so good with the new job, I am finding it a bit stressful but that is only because the day I started the job full time we had 3 new employees start so I am not as prepared as I would like to be. We have a number of things we want to put in place but we have not had the time to complete them so I am still kind of winging it but so far so good. I think I have my schedule for most of this month worked out which is nice. They have asked me to write a schedule for the next 3 months but that us going to take some work so I won't take that on yet, plus I want to sit down with our controller and discuss a few things which I can do next week. But all and all I am happy and even with the extra work it is a lot less stress.

Well I better get back to it, have a great day everyone.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    You`re making me so hungry for meatloaf. Hubby doesn`t like it so I hardly ever make it.
    I always thought I didn't like it either but he kept trying and now I love it lol! He makes a nice sauce for on top (ketchup, bbq sauce etc) and I think that gives it the extra yum!

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information