User Tag List

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I`m sure he is getting excellent care now. He`s in St. Mary`s in Kitchener. They specialize in heart care. Both hubby and BIL spent some time there.

I`ve been sleeping in the recliner the last couple nights. That with the inhaler really helps.

I`m still sending prayers your way.
    I have been in the cardiac unit at St. Mary's in Kitchener! A million years ago when I had a nasty reaction to a drug which was given to me at the eye doctor's. I have a lot of faith in the care there.

I am certainly glad you are feeling better.
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday, everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I could do a happy dance, I actually slept last night and slept through the whole night. I cannot remember the last time I slept all night. I was up just after 5 but since I slept I was not too annoyed, just a little I mean it is Saturday who wants to see 5 am.

Last night after work I rearranged my room so I could turn my heat on. I have had no heat in my bedroom this winter as we moved stuff around to build my bed which still has not been done so I have been unable to turn my rad on. So last night I moved my room around, it makes the room super small but I have heat.

Since I have been up since 5 I have managed to clean the kitchen, think it is time to have a chat about this. I am still the only one doing dishes even though she had 2 days off this week but never got to them and then guess who is off today.

I am now looking up recipes, I am on dessert for both our managers and sales meeting not this week but next so I have to decide what I am going to make. I think since I am doing dessert I will also do Coffee Time which is breakfast type foods to have with coffee before we start the meetings. I think I can get everything made this weekend and next and freeze everything. I will put it all in my Dad's freezer and then take it out the day before each meeting.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got a great deal on 2 medium 2 topping pizzas for $2.10. They have a promotion on for $5.99 and I used my $5 off coupons that they had mailed out for our location. Mmm yummy lunch.

Edit: at Domino's.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 13th, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -like your dessert planning ideas! I made a banana loaf recipe but baked it in a round cake pan. Wedges were much easier to take out than trying to slice a loaf (which usually tears on me even if I let it cool). Your bedroom plan is coming along and yes, it's too darn cold to go without heat! Sleep is the new gold standard for many adults.
    @Angela273 - wonderful to read that you do takeout now and then to free up some time for you!
    @Crochetlady - good to read that your health is getting back to more comfortable status. Might be a good weekend to play some tunes while you wait out the cold weather?

When I saw the grey sky around 4:30pm yesterday, all thoughts of busing/walking to Metro left me. Of course, snow flurries came out of the sky for some minutes before the bus turned up and I was doing a little dance to keep feet warm. Today the wind has icy teeth so won't be online as long as usual. May as well pop into a grocery store to see what might be cheap and filling for supper.

Sobeys extra shoppers-if you need to stock up on Epsom salts, the pharmacy page of the current flyer shows the Compliments Epsom salt 2Kg bag (original) is on sale for $3.99. What a deal! I still have my Rexall jug from last year to use up (it was $4.99, the new sale price for Epsom salts of late) so I cannot get this offer.
    @Natalka -is that a pic of your cat, Vader? She looks content in her warm bed!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ciel, no that isn't Vader - I just chose that pic because of the cool heart on the fur.

My Vader and Taffy:

Name:  vadertaffymar2013.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  87.2 KB

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So far today I have cleaned the kitchen

I have made mini banana muffins and sour cream mini dough nuts for our up coming meetings. For coffee time I am going to do dough nuts for the managers meeting since there are fewer attendees and dough nut recipes do not make as many. Where is I will do muffins for the sales meeting as there are I am not even sure how many of us going and muffin recipes make way more.

Still have to figure out dessert for both.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka Taffy looks as if she`s back to being herself.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That pic is about a year old, BUT Taffy is totally back to being just like she was prior to her ordeal, and it's great.
    She's back to her old weight, and personality-wise is just like herself. The one thing that has changed is that she'll eat little bits of some human food she never used to, before she would only eat meat and cheese. (we don't give stuff often, just once in a while, and just little pieces) - like she's just very grateful for any food, which makes sense considering what she had been through.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy Saturday everyone. I've been in Sunday mode today but got our sheets washed...the bathroom cleaned, the floors in the bathroom the porch the hall and my craft room washed. I set up a wireless printer for a client and fixed a windows 10 issue for another.

Maddeningly enough we thought we were doing OK despite bf having ei for income but I found out he didn't pay the phone bill in November so we look to be a month behind on the phone bill. Our heat was 62.06 over budget and the water is 32.07 over budget. Bf still has to get paperwork filled out from work to send back to insurances but...they're not getting back to us.

I've been getting a few extra pc jobs lately as well as selling some knitting (but my knitting sales cover the cost of the wool alone generally so I can make more) so the extra funds will be going to play catch up.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It is "take-your-breath-away" cold today but, thankfully not blowing.

I had to go out to get my laptop seen to because my printer would not work. Finally I wound up getting 5 copies of the wedding I am going to do tomorrow before I could get it stopped when I finally got it started. Saundyl, it looks like I could really use your skills!

Someone asked me today if it was an outside wedding- HA! Well if it was before, it ISN'T NOW! Not with these temperatures!

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the day we met our pooch at the London Humane Society.
    We took him home on the 21st. after we jumped through all of their hoops. I am glad they are careful about who adopts the animals. I guess now in dog years, he's older than us.

I am going to say good night. Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep!

Keep warm!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I slept again and seem to be getting back to my morning person self which makes me so happy. It is funny I have been blaming everything else for my tiredness, I must be getting a cold, my infections are acting up but it was just purely lack of sleep.

So I think I have my plan for both meetings, the first one will be as follows:
    Old Fashion Sour Cream Glazed Dough Nits
    Caffeine Lovers Chocolate Dip Dough Nuts
    Peanut Butter Oat Squares
    These are for Coffee Time
    Crock Pot Blueberry Bread Pudding for Dessert

Second Meeting:
    Banana Muffins
    Pecan Pie Muffins
    Chocolate Cookies
    For Coffee Time

Still need to figure out dessert for this meeting, I was thinking a Crock Pot Rice Pudding but I need to confirm what the lunch is and if I will be able to plug in the Crock Pot the second day.

I think for the next few weeks my goal is going to be to make one or two things each weekend or even just the dough that I can freeze so when these meetings happen I can just pull from the freezer.

I am really enjoying being able to bake and cook but not have to eat it all. So far I have set aside a couple of each for us to to have but most goes in the freezer for the meetings.

Have a great day everyone, off to spend some time on Pinterest

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happy Valentine's Day to all SCers! Yes, @avoncallingu , today is cold but I can actually feel the sunshine's warmth! Yesterday, nothing!
    Family Day tomorrow-Hamilton will have two library branches open for programs from 1-5pm but I won't go to them for Internet. Will have to find something fun at home to do instead.
    @SassyAshley -is work giving you a budget for your meeting food costs? It would be great if there was something to offset all the supplies/time you are using. You have a splendid lineup! Pinterest-I keep meaning to put something up on a new board but I'm lucky if I log in once per month.

Gail Vaz-Oxlade's Money Talks e-book was a deep read--she mentions how to distinguish between a hobby or a business: if your business actually gives you an income to support you 3 out of 5 years, it's a business. She also stresses the importance of knowing all the paperwork, rules. permits, etc. required for a business before getting into one. Oh, yes did I see myself in a few of the scenarios she presented. Wish the author taught her stuff when I was in high school-might have avoided some money problems because my parents did not really teach about money (only about control and not to spend what you don't have and that Dad had to have meals his way most times...)
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sunday for real today. Happy Valentines day all.

Got gta5 for ds1 off Facebook today. He got birthday money and wanted it for the ps4. He said can you order it for me from bestbuy or where I find it cheaper? We found it on the classified ads yesterday and he asked if they would take 30for it. They said yes so bf and I picked it up while he was at a friends sleepover.

Vacuumed our room this morning and tidied my nightstand to swap back to my normal one now bf doesn't need the space for crutches on his side.

Started laundry. Went through my closet and took 11 tops I haven't worn lately and am sure I won't wear to be advertised or donated to the thriftstore. Went thru bras and removed any that I know my shoulder ends up sore if I wear them since our accident. Not really sure if I should add them to the bag or toss them... several are nearly new and others rarely worn.

Work tomorrow no family day here very curious too see how far painting got.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We reviewed our Internet usage for the week and omg someone has been going overboard on either downloads or streaming video. ..the usage went up 70gb in 6 days. (The highest package our provider offers is 200gb) So we've reset the WiFi password and set parental controls so our boys have to ask to use the Internet. I've also blocked access to Netflix and YouTube.

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information