User Tag List

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope everyone is having a LOVEly day!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Saundyl: we really have to stay on the boys as well for their Internet usage. DH works at home and the company does not pay the Internet but we save so much having him here that I don't care. We kept getting warnings from out service provider that we were close to limit so last month I accepted their offer to go unlimited for just 10.00 more. We did not tell the kids though and we only let them watch Netflix on a tv not on a device, but it's their YouTube use that gets. Us. Neither of them watch traditional tv.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Saundyl: we really have to stay on the boys as well for their Internet usage. DH works at home and the company does not pay the Internet but we save so much having him here that I don't care. We kept getting warnings from out service provider that we were close to limit so last month I accepted their offer to go unlimited for just 10.00 more. We did not tell the kids though and we only let them watch Netflix on a tv not on a device, but it's their YouTube use that gets. Us. Neither of them watch traditional tv.
    They're arguing today that it's not them and that they deserve internet. However weve caught them bothstreaming from itunes today and the oldest seems to think downloading world of tanks at 26 or 29 gb is "not much" They forget Internet is a privilege not a right.

We did wonder as well if neighbour's were given the WiFi while the shop was in the house as well which is why we changed the password.

If we could get unlimited I would be sooooo happy. It is one of the things I miss from sasktel and little loon wireless.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Feb 14th, 2016 at 04:42 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy Valentines Day!! Husband is working today ( that time of year for a financial planner) but we are going out tonight for a dear friends 50th birthday, not very romantic but we are both looking forward to seeing people we haven't seen in ages!!
    My son has been requesting home made donairs so I made fresh pitas this morning and the donair meat is made and cooling, and the donair sauce is made and in the fridge. We love pitas but they are pricey, not to mention the fact they never come apart properly and they are so easy to make, I started at 9 this morning and they were done and cooling by 11 o'clock with most of the time doing housework while the dough rose!
    Busy purging this afternoon, I have the Diabetes association coming on Friday to pick up so it is a good motivator to get as much packed up as possible.
    The flyers have not interested me much lately, so just buying what we need for fresh items again this week. Our Superstore has the click and collect program here and I was offered 20,000 PC points for trying it out and spending minimum 100.00 so I tried it because we needed to restock the office with coffee, and cleaning supplies. I must say I loved it, placed my order online and scheduled my pick up
    time, went and picked it up,called them from the parking lot and they brought out my order and loaded my car and that was it. The cost is 5.00 on the weekends and 3.00 during the week.I am not sure I am a convert but on busy days before Christmas etc. it will be nice to use the service. I am also thinking it may come in handy for sales starting Friday as I get my flyer on Wednesday so I could order Wednesday for a Friday pickup and not have to rush for the items that run out quickly.
    Hope everyone is on the mend from the illnesses that seem to be going around, enjoy the day!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sun, Feb 14th, 2016 at 04:58 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy valentine day
    -last night son called and asked last minute if we could babysit -as my daughter/hubby came down from toronto and they wanted to go bowling together -yep we had no plans so we stopped and grabbed 2 little cesar pizza's 12.00 and shared with everyone
    -I gave ashlyn small chocolate bites in a bag and a peppa pig book -she is obsessed (for valentine day cause I love her)
    -today went to visit my sister-in-law /hubby she gave me 2 boxes of k-cups wouldn't work with her machine and I gave her the 20.00 I made her from kijiji she didn't want to take it but I made her
    -was lovely having daughter/hubby sleep over as they had a family birthday on his side today
    posted 4 items on kijij today -I am saving that money up for something special

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl holy moly could it be your bf since he's home?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

saundyl and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundy nope I guess there is no doubt it's the kiddos (haha)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy Valentine's Day to all I took advantage of the Lowe's 10% off for Family day weekend, I ordered 4 light fixtures which were on sale PLUS remembered to order through SwagBucks so earned 2 swag bucks for every $1...yippee...plus the items purchased had a bonus airmiles deal and free shipping. Thankfully we used the money set aside for home renos so no out of pocket.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ceil no budget really. So far I have been using up stuff we have at home but I will need a few "extras" we do not keep on hand which I will pick up when we go grocery shopping this week and work will cover those items. Not much is needed just a loaf of bread, some frozen blueberries and a couple of other things. I will write myself a list tomorrow as well as plan out what I need to get done when, spreadsheets are needed.

Did not get much done today mostly crocheted. Mom decided she did not want to do anything today so I did nothing. I have decided if I can't beat them join them. I really have a hard time finding my ambition when others around me are doing nothing so I figure join them, plus it keeps my stress level down.

After quite a bit of time on pinterest I think I have decided the second meeting I am going to make Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies and Apple Squares. It isn't technically a dessert but since there are so many people coming I am worried an actual dessert won't stretch far enough as a number of people coming are big eaters. I am still worried this won't be enough I might add some cookies, I think there are about 20 of us at this meeting and as I said quite a few of them are big eaters.

Off to spend more time in pinterest and figure out a plan for tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The oldest wanted to see Star Wars so we dropped him off at the theatre with his younger brother, it was his suggestion as he knew Logan wanted to see it again. We will see how it goes, I came home to bake cookies. There was nothing that interested us.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm looking for a new banana oatmeal square recipe. Could someone please share theirs?

I already told you guys about the 2lbs of honey roasted peanuts that I was given. I want to use some of them in some type of squares with chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and possibly some raisins. Any other suggestions or recipes?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @saundy nope I guess there is no doubt it's the kiddos (haha)
    Over the last 2 days he and I haven't been on the computers set our phones and my tablet to use my phone's data...changed the WiFi password so nothing but the boys ipads and our laptops (which are closed and off when we aren't using them) and the usage still jumped 30 gb since friday night.

We thought maybe the new ps4 was part of it...and possibly the neighbour's as we've been told teens around town are giving out passwords....however those couldn't have used any since yesterday after the settings were changed. I even checked the router to see if the satellite was plugged in via ethernet.

Any pcs I fix I use a temp password thru my phone so people don't get our password. Both bfs laptop and my laptop had cleanings and virus scans run yesterday as well to make sure. The worst I found was the Swagbucks button app for firefox.

Last week before the boys came home to us on the 8th we had total of 16gb of usage in 7days. its the 7 days since it's gone to approx 100 gb as of 7 pm today. I will admit to 20gb of usage because of downloading updates for my repair tools Tuesday night, windows 10 backup and a movie streamed on Netflix. We know 9 to 10 gb was the call of duty update Monday on the ps4 but no one else will admit to anything else so 50 gb are unaccounted for.

To be quite honest with getting hurt this summer and bf getting hurt again neither of us were cutting boys off electronics because there was no energy for a fight their Mom lost their land line and went mobile so we allowed for a bit more And the usage spiked then. And hasn't dropped since even the 3 months bf was at work before the 2nd accident. And ds2 is a huge huge fight to get him off that ipad and often if he's off that he'll try for his ds to watch youtube. Ds1 sneaks onto his in the middle of the night.

I figure....it will tell this week how it jumps if it's being used like crazy while the boys are with their mom...

Their Mom has also indicated that she's paying major overage fees at her house because of data usage.

Last edited by saundyl; Mon, Feb 15th, 2016 at 12:57 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bf made a roast beef dinner with mashed taters. I cut up cauliflower and prenuked the corn for him.

I also made a peach raspberry crisp because I craved dessert.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

saundlyn if it does not go down when the boys go back maybe talk to your internet provider, we had something like that happen to us quite a few years back. I do not remember all of the details now but basically some how even though we had a password on our modem and re set the password others were connecting to our WiFi without using a password. They said it was a modem defect and replaced ours for free as we got it through our internet provider.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information