User Tag List

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped out for a bit. Wandered around SDM to see if any deals to be had but none for me. 2 bags of chips tucked away for when I have a craving. Could be a month from now and if I leave them out they will eat them. So my special treat bag will be hidden.
    Dinner tonight will be Quesidias (sp), perogies with salad. I baked the chicken in the oven at lunch while making DS chicken burgers so it will be easy to whip together. Laundry is still on the go. Washed 3 pillows and have them out to dry. Will wait till tomorrow to wash my sheets since I am starting to lose my steam and am on a mission to finish all the laundry today (and put it away!)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so nice to read back at all the busy bees there are in this thread! Some chores never go away. I love the decluttering you did @lilo0003 and chuckled about the multiple utensils, we probably have that many too. I could sure doze off now but trying to fight it. Ny early morning treks to the pool are catching up with me.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Last night I had the best sleep I`ve had in almost a month. It felt so good to sleep in my own bed...the first time in over 3 weeks. I went to sleep around midnight and got up at 2:00 p.m. Have a load of laundry in now. Also need to do some cleaning because we`ll be having company on Mon. Still feeling really weak so not too much will get done. They`ll understand...they`re coming to watch Mon night raw. We planned to do this every week but so far someone has had to cancel 5 weeks out of 6. 2 weather related, 1 death in the family and I canceled twice because I was sick. Our friend had a stent put in his heart so I definitely didn`t want him to get my cough.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Has anyone here used the Fix-it-stick? It`s the Show stopper today on TSC. I`ve been looking at it for a while and it`s a really good deal today but I`ve never talked to anyone who`s used it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl congrats aunty @Crochetlady so happy you got a great sleep, sure works wonders for our body & mind.

Dh put up 1 of our new light fixtures.....he will put another 2 up in the basement tomorrow.

I'm thinking perhaps a trip to the re-use it centre tomorrow but time will tell....looking for a few things for our bedroom & office reno, don't really know what but will know when I find it, you guys no what I mean.

We've been watching FIXER UPPER Marathon this afternoon, love their style.

Pork chops & peameal bacon with rice for supper, bil joined us and the guys will watch movies tonight AND still enough leftovers for tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a great evening & weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you all.

I got invited to join a group of ladies that quilt Saturdays every 2 weeks at the college. So I decided to go. I cut out all the fabric for a second gift for my nephew (the first being the knitted blanket I posted a few weeks ago) this one will really be a surprise because I've never made one before.

I whipped up a quilted carseat cover with velcro straps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am so glad its Friday, another busy weekend of Lacrosse. I have been spending hours of time reading personal finance blogs. Trying to see how we can step it up a notch. Our investments are tanking like everyone else's and so now its a save more mindset. We use our credit card to pay everything so I can easily see we are spending less. I have been putting the money into our RRSP. Even though it sucks now, buying low is going to work eventually. DH also plans to claim the T220 for the 1st time as he was working at home 100%, no longer has an office to go to. In the past he never claimed it as working at home was a 50% so it will be interesting to see what impact it has on our taxes. Does anyone have any experience with the T220 deduction?
    Think carefully. Check out whether declaring part of your house will result in having to pay taxes on that part of your house should you sell the house. Info should be available on the website, but you could call Canada Revenue.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I've been in a lot of physical pain the last two days. Major migraine and leg pain. I finally got a call this week to ask me a couple of questions so that so that my doctor's office could finally submit the requisition for a contrast pelvic CT on the brand new scanner at our local hospital. Then it will be sent to the special vascular surgeon in London Ontario to determine my potential options.

In addition to this morning's grocery shopping, I folded the two loads of laundry that had been waiting. We all put it away. Dh made a very large deluxe romaine lettuce salad with baked chicken breast for supper. I'm thinking about pulling a home made apple pie from the freezer and heating it in the oven to eat with butterscotch ripple icecream. I bought two apple pies from a lady in town for $5 each.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Great news the part bf ordered fixed the oven!

TGIF. Booked my vacation leave for the 29th 1st and 2nd so we can leave next friday on my edo to my mom's because my sister had her little boy Wednesday evening.

I don't know what an edo is, but CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family! Any names???
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I don't know what an edo is, but CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family! Any names???
    Thank you. Lincoln

( edo is earned day off. 9 days out of a 2 week pay period we do 8.33 hours and get one of the 2 Fridays off)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Avon: we have lived hear for 20 yrs so not worried about moving. We are not even sure it's worth is we don't have a mortgage and that is one one the things they helps in the deduction.
    Saundyl: that edo sounds awesome.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lincoln is such a great name! Have a good trip!

I was out for a walk with the dog today IN MY SHIRTSLEEVES! It was 16 degrees which is 61 celcius (just reverse the numbers)- tomorrow, though a high of only 4.

I am hoping to get to church tomorrow. We are announcing a congregational meeting to finalize the appointment of a new minister. It will have been a year since our last minister left. It has been very hard on our church "family" which has shrunk in the process. I am trusting that things will take an upswing if we have a regular minister.

We are a two church possession and one of the churches is celebrating it's 150th anniversary this year.

My family was here today- brother and his wife and 2 boys- other brother- dh and me. We had fun playing word games and teasing each other and eating and sharing birthday and Valentines day presents. We took walks and went geocaching- the youngest found a cache. He "tried" the ice at the edge of the pond (all under our supervision) and got a "soaker". We looked at old pictures when they were small and when their dad had hair- and when their granddad was here (he passed before they were born but they know all the favourite stories - complete with a northern English accent)

We tried a Chinese New Year dessert. (At least some of us did.) There were naps and electronics and WWF on one of the TVs.

Dh stayed with us although he was tired and then had a long sleep when they left.

The dog is exhausted as he had to keep his eye on all the proceedings and walk with everyone and run around the pond making sure we were all safe. Any time people would take him up on it he chased his "bone" down the stairs.

Generally a great day.

Hope you all had a great day too!

Ashley, I would like to sign up for those meetings you are baking for!!!

It's good to hear people are sleeping better.

Nat, it seems we keep trading weather.

Cars/trucks can be such a pain but sparrow, I wish you had one at your disposal to transport your little one.

Take care!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The children slept until 7am today, which isn't bad. Dh stayed up until 2am partially because he is a night owl & he also settled any children that got up.

I already did my shopping at Sobeys and No Frills this morning. I made out pretty good with sales matching up with points offers, AM offers, and coupons. I bought 2 boxes of 68ct Higgies cruisers size 3 diapers for $13.49 each, plus $6 off wub2 coupon, and $3 CO51 rebate. I might have too much diapers in this size, but I have receipts so that I can return other big boxes of diapers to WM if we end up not needing them. They were on clearance from their regular $26.99. Too bad the $10 coupon booklets in each box were the expired in June 2015.
    write the company and tell them you bought those packages expressly for the coupons inside and were disappointed that they had already expired and the company may send you some coupons to compensate. syndi

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthefree View Post
    write the company and tell them you bought those packages expressly for the coupons inside and were disappointed that they had already expired and the company may send you some coupons to compensate. syndi
    Thanks, I already planned on calling them. I really like Huggies diapers, but I already called them this week about defective diapers that had a hard spot the size of a dime inside the diaper and they are mailing me $5 in coupons, so I don't want to call them again this week or they might not be too impressed. I put the receipt and coupon books together in my purse for another day.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl lovely job on the carseat cover
    @Angela273 hope you get some much needed answers and feel better soon

Wishing everyone a great Sunday
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information