User Tag List

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Left the house with the kitchen spotless (dishwasher is full and ready to run after 7pm tonight)
    Laundry is in baskets and ready to wash (7pm tonight )
    Will clean 1 washroom tonight while doing laundry etc.

Thinking on my lunch I will pop out to No Frills and see if the bacon is still $3 less 30% off (my friend gave me 3 bacon coupons - Gotta keep us stocked up.
    Also need to get a pedicure since we will be hot tubing this weekend

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just came back from getting a filling done $ 275(yesterday and today's visit) and I went with no freezing first time for that one -oh yeah always something around the corner money wise
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Mar 22nd, 2016 at 02:25 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -just came back from getting a filling done $ 275(yesterday and today's visit)-oh yeah always something around the corner money wise
    That's why you are a smart shopper

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided I LOVE No Frills. Popped in there quick at lunch- Maple Leaf Bacon is still $3 (selling for $6.99 at RCSS!!!!)
    Most are marked with 30 off sticker so $2.10. Had 3 x $2.50 coupons and get the Ready Crisp bacon for free coupon as well! The overage took an extra $1.20 off my order Also bought a carton of OJ for $1.66, (reg $3.33) kids like it for a change.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Both of the twins have that cold now. While they were napping this morning I left all 3 kids at home with Dh while I did a little shopping. I wanted to get bacon from WM and use my coupons. Once I was at the till the teller and supervisor couldn't decide how to handle the coupons. She said to accept them all and do the transaction, then she would check. My teller was ultimately called and told that she would have to ring in each package of bacon & coupon separately and have me pay the remaining amount. She insisted that "one per purchase" was the same thing as "one per transaction". They referred to some new document, which I believe they had at the customer service desk. I told her to give me back the coupons and they could keep the bacon. I guess I'll be taking all the kids with me to price match and use the coupons at No Frills.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 22nd, 2016 at 02:08 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just cleaned the floors today -on Wednesday vacuum -clean toilets
    -my mouth was a little bit sore from no freezing today -but its gone away now
    -was falling asleep on couch and daughter called -she is feeling great only always hungry -lol
    -got the t-shirt from hatley today (that I got free with virtual win)a tiny bit big on hubby but not much -such a great company they also sent a free small gift with purchase a piano note pad (I think worth 2.00 or 3.00 reduced in their online ad)still a nice gesture -so impressed with their Canadian made clothing -and I hit a sale a few weeks back for my nightie and hubby's t-shirt was on sale too and no shipping fee both times -love it

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all!

Thought I had posted here already! Computer is still messing up - it works totally normally for a half hour, then it can be GAH for hours! Gets very frustrating.

Best shop yesterday at London Drugs - the small Jergens lotion was on for 1.99, had three $1 coupons; St. Ives lotion was on for 3.99, had a coupon for $4 WUB2, plus $1 on CO51. I go through tons of lotion, so this was great for me.

Hope everyone is doing well, it's a busy week here.

Oh, we have much more snow. So much for spring....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning. Didn't get the laundry all done and put away as hoped last night. I guess I need 4 washers to do so lol.
    I did put a load of white towels on last night and hung up to dry this morning so will fluff in the dryer tonight after 7.
    I have a beef roast in the slow cooker today. My honey is off so he will get the sides ready while he is prepping the diningroom for painting. We are taking all the curtains down and washing them too so it will be so nice and clean in there once all done. Then I can have a few dinner parties in the next month! Once it is done I will be planning them
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Still a fair bit of snow outside, may be more today.

Will do last bits of shopping today, to make sure we have all we need for Easter weekend.

Not sure if I will be able to start baking Easter breads today or not - hoping I can do one batch this afternoon.

Son worked on our computer (yes, again!) last night, and it seems to be working better.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think I'm falling behind on laundry. I don't know how much longer I can keep up handwashing all the socks and stains. LO comes back with a lot each day from daycare and DH comes back with quite a bit as well (random pen stains, dirt from getting in and out of the car, shirt sleeves, unknowns, etc.). The unfolded laundry is piling up, but I am able to fit more into drawers now with the Konmari folding methods. I found that I was folding some in the same way that she recommended, so no space savings there. It takes nearly an hour to hang all the laundry on the drying racks, especially all the tiny pairs of socks and underwear. I keep thinking that there must be an easier way but I just haven't thought of it yet.

It's time to release all the food from the days when I wasn't feeling well from the fridge. I was out of commission and DH wouldn't go about preparing foods he didn't like. Two whole cauliflowers in the compost. I should be happy it's not more.

I did find $0.25 in the shopping cart at No Frills and $10 on the floor of a local grocery store last week. I feel really badly for the person who lost it, because I know I felt terrible when I lost money. I guess it evens out the $320 I lost last year a bit.
    @Natalka and @coupon girl : Great deals!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My quotes didn't work lol.

I don't have laundry day figured out either. For now I will do it Tuesday nights (and finish up tonight since I didn't finish last night)
    The drying rack takes time but I don't want to use my dryer (trying to reduce my Hydro bill!!) so I will try and use it. I hang up most of our clothing in the closets so that saves a step. I have a huge clothing bar in my laundry room so I try and hang stuff up right away (from washer or dryer) so it's easy to just bring up to the closets.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:49 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well I have been having a lot of fun online the last couple of weeks. Have not only looked at my family tree on line but one of my nieces had her DNA analyzed so I was having a look at my genetic DNA( or as much as we share) as well as my family tree. Fascinating stuff! I did not realize that so many more than the obvious things are affected by DNA-for eg how you metabolize certain drugs etc. If you are interested in looking at some of your ancestry details for free look at family search.org which is run by the Mormons and free of charge. By some very strange twist of fate, we are doing a house exchange in July to a village in England where, unbeknownst to me, I now find we have ancestors that come from there. So it will be kind of cool to walk where my ancestors have and perhaps follow up on a few mysterious ancestors while we are there. Pretty cool. LB
    That's fascinating! I may try that site out. My brother paid for ancestry.com. But I really don't want to pay. My neighbour used to work with a Mormon library to check out family connections.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Mar 23rd, 2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

Busy morning here tidying up around the house, the house looks as normal as can be expected with us sleeping in the eating area.

Ds2 has an appointment this evening which dh & I will be taking part in, hopefully it gives us some clarity on how he's feeling. His counsellor does not share anything with us so I guess we will here it tonight.

After the appointment I need to pop in WM for a turkey (fingers crossed) they still have some, then rush home to watch Survivor.

My plans for this weekend include doing the budget for April with dh, picking up a fish from a taxidermy which ds2 caught this fall.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon & evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Long day today at chemo. They had to give DH some magnesium intravenously as he was low. Each of these drugs has to go in separately so the time was extended. Also, the regular Dr. Is away and his replacement came in later. They won't start the actual chemo until it's play's by a doctor, especially since it has been changed this time. Also he had been dizzy yesterday so they had to delve into that, too.
    We are usually home by noon and eat there. I went down to the cafeteria -blick! I picked the least yucky thing and had a bare Oktoberfest sausage ( no bun)- some unappealing mixed vegetables and a few hard French Fries.

Time to go, apparently.

See ya!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Mar 23rd, 2016 at 10:17 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information