User Tag List

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We have four main cards because DH and my purchases are so varied. Our largest costs last year in order were: daycare, household repairs, cash that DH spends at work, car repairs/maintenance, gas for the car, property tax, food, phone/internet, hydro, and then all the others.

It would take a lot to get me to sign up for a fifth at this point.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Today I took a break of cleaning.I think I will call my aunts for helping me.I did 4 Yves Rocher orders,lots of freebies to co me.3trades on my fb coupon french group did not work......trading is difficult
    I find trading in general is difficult so many people have really difficult wish list basically mailouts which are high value and not given out often. Good luck I hope you are able to get some coupons you can use soon.

I think calling your aunts for help is a good idea, they are only there to help and offer suggestions/advice.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yes, this is good news. Just last week they had her on a pretty high oxygen supplementation just to keep her oxygenation level at normal. She is currently keeping a proper blood oxygenation level without oxygen supplementation. That's all we have right now. My brother was pretty thrilled. The doctors didn't tell him that they were going to try to do this, so he was here in Estevan when the doctors made these changes today.
    @Angela273 glad to hear this is good news, thanks for keeping us update on her progress
    Angela273, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have really enjoyed getting in on the Sobey's AM bonus GC offers.....and I mainly shop with the GC's at FreshCo as Sobey's prices are crazy high for most items. But now that FreshCo limits the PM'ing items to just 2, it is my newest pet peeve!
    C'mon FreshCo! I have places to go and GC's to spend at your store but this making me go in and out a few times JUST to get what I need is bugging me.

Other than that things are peachy keen! Have a most wonderful ( and very sunny ) weekend everyone!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

The PC MC is our main card, we have 1 other but have not used it in years, heck I don't even know if it's still valid oh well I'm not worried.

I went grocery shopping this am with the inlaws, I normally have to wait for them BUT today they waited for me . I wanted to pm the NF Klondike sale at WM, I had kept 8 b1g1 coupons which I used this am. I then went to GT to get the fries, I asked if they would make an exception with the $1 Cavendish fries coupon which says 1 per customer and they said yes this 1 time so I'm stocked up on fries for a while . French fires are my kryptonite I love them and for $1 a bag can't go wrong.

So I have a new spending system which is if I save x amount on 1 grocery shop I can purchase something on our "need to buy list". So last week I purchased a brand new coffee maker ($50) black & stainless to match our appliances. Our old coffee maker came from the re-use it centre would take 1 hour to perk 10 cups so I bite the bullet and got the new coffee maker.....wowzers 12 cups in 5 minutes is amazing. So today I purchased a pack of 8 dish wash cloths it was only $5 but super happy I got them as I was down to a measly 3 . It's nice to see that using coupons and matching up with sales is quickly adding up to big savings.

Our chest freezer is stuffed and our standup is quite packed as well but still some wiggle room just incase there is another bacon sale strikes next week

Wishing everyone a great day & weekend AND Happy Father's Day to all the dad's in your lives.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I have really enjoyed getting in on the Sobey's AM bonus GC offers.....and I mainly shop with the GC's at FreshCo as Sobey's prices are crazy high for most items. But now that FreshCo limits the PM'ing items to just 2, it is my newest pet peeve!
    C'mon FreshCo! I have places to go and GC's to spend at your store but this making me go in and out a few times JUST to get what I need is bugging me.

Other than that things are peachy keen! Have a most wonderful ( and very sunny ) weekend everyone!!
    I hate the limit restrictions as well at Freshco when pming, I'm like out to the car and back in and of course I hate having to go through the very same cashier, I can be embarrassing, oh well $ doesn't grow on trees.

Have a great weekend, are you still swimming in the Olympic size pool?

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Angela: prayers for your SIL and hoping this updat is indicative of a road to recovery.
    Andit: thinking of your mom and hoping for some good news.
    I took a few days vacation, spent it cleaning, reading and getting the car serviced. Tonight Dhand I went to The Keg for dinner using a gift card I bought in the winter when RCSS had a promo on. Tommorrow is our 22nd Wedding Anniversary.
    I am feeling like I have lost my frugal mojo, once the car was bought and paid for it was like I had no goal. Need to get my act together. I am still working towards retirement as I have no desire to keep working this pace until 65.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Another sunshine ,hot and bright day,this week had been good on forecast.Need to install the AC soon.Wishing everyone an awesome day!!! Off for breakfest and thinking I do what today !!!!
    Giseledta and jasperandchar like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Going to spend the weekend having fun, which will involve sharing beer on a patio with my favourite cat. OK, so Quincy will not be partaking & it's root beer, but ya get the idea. Can't let him have too much fun or Lily dog will be jealous.

I'll try to pop in before Monday's appt with the oncologist, we'll see how much toll the root beer takes on me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Sun & heat here, so life is good.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

QOTD - What is your go-to cookie recipe?

I'm looking for something simple. I have a few events to go to in the next month or so & want something other than shortbread cookies (my usual, although I'd welcome another recipe for it if you swear by it).

My go-to is a variation on this shortbread cookie recipe from GayLea (I use rice flour and coat it with chocolate - I've also been known to turn it into a sort of Linzer cookie with chocolate as the centre).

I'm open to anything, so if you can bear to part with your secret family recipe, it will be safe with me (& the hundreds of people reading this thread ).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

I found some easy ways to save money around the house.

Recycle shopping bags and use them for garbage bags all over the house, eliminating the need to buy small garbage bags.
    Use a glass cutting board because it does not get wrecked with cuts and scratches like plastic or wood cutting boards. Because you don't have to continually replace a glass cutting board it will save you money in the long term.
    Clean with rags that can be washed and reused eliminating the need to buy paper towels, thus cutting back on expenses.
    Reuse empty plastic containers you already own such as sour cream, yogurt and margarine containers for leftover and food storage. That way you don't have to buy brand name food storage containers. This cuts back on your expenses.
    Use strong, thick dish rags so don't have to continually buy new ones. Avoid terry cloths.
    Use a linter roller brush that can be washed to use again eliminating the need to buy refills for it. These are popular and sell out fast when they are on the market, so strike while iron is hot !

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Best cookies ever - don't freak at the amount of marg and sugar - the recipe makes a LOT of cookies

Cowboy Cookies

1 cup margarine
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups rolled oats
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 cup chocolate chips
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 cup coconut

Cream together margarine and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Then add vanilla and all other dry ingredients, mix well til combined.

Oven at 350 degrees. I line cookie sheets with parchment. Place by Tablespoonsful on cookie sheet, leaving room for them to spread.

Bake about 10 - 15 minutes (depending on size) - you want them to still be a bit soft, but they will crisp up on the edges. Leave to cool just a few minutes, then remove from sheets to cool.

Keep in airtight container. If they harden, just add a slice of bread, and they will soften right up.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Husband is going over to son's work to help him with his truck - son went to the salvage place last weekend and pretty much took the whole front off another truck, so they are going to start replacing parts on his. Frugal dude, my son!

Enjoy the day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-had no internet for a day and a half (company was updating my anti virus)-ugggg missed it
    -daughter came yesterday with her hubby she is getting bigger going into 7 month -we had hamburgers and she treated us to dairy queen -yumm
    -angela glad sister-in-law is a bit better
    -tierra-I do most of the tips you posted for sure I am always using rags and rewashing
    -went to walmart yesterday price matched all my fruit and saved 7.25 in coupons 1.50 checkout51 -so pretty happy

-hubby is putting together his new bbq from our grown kids -home depot gave my son awesome service -they couldn't find the leg to the one he ordered on line when he went to pick it up -so they gave him a higher grade model bbq for same price

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

So I have a new spending system which is if I save x amount on 1 grocery shop I can purchase something on our "need to buy list". So last week I purchased a brand new coffee maker ($50) black & stainless to match our appliances. Our old coffee maker came from the re-use it centre would take 1 hour to perk 10 cups so I bite the bullet and got the new coffee maker.....wowzers 12 cups in 5 minutes is amazing. So today I purchased a pack of 8 dish wash cloths it was only $5 but super happy I got them as I was down to a measly 3 . It's nice to see that using coupons and matching up with sales is quickly adding up to big savings.

Our chest freezer is stuffed and our standup is quite packed as well but still some wiggle room just incase there is another bacon sale strikes next week

Wishing everyone a great day & weekend AND Happy Father's Day to all the dad's in your lives.
    or
    I do that with my swagbucks. I only spend it on stuff that I can use to save $. or for my work. seriously amazon has the cooleststuff I can use for the daycare.

I have bought 2 power bars, that keep the cable box on , but turn offthe tv( huge savings on hydro) , I bought DH a android boxfor Christmas, and a new wireless router for the computer and a torilla press. so far this year.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information