User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1943Likes

Thread: August 2016 Frugal Chatter thread - ALL WELCOME!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-got my gap pkg today -gonna put a few clothing away for ashlyn's birthday in oct -gonna give my daughter the cute 6-12 months gap little sweat pants on sat when I go along with the .50 cent childrens place socks
    -ohh I love the poplin sleep pants but the xl is a tiny bit big -but it has a drawstring waist I can tighten -I called and none left in a large -so nice for 12.99 they have a nice cuff at the bottom -ahhh cotton cant wait to sleep in them tonight instead of the hot old flannel ones I have -one pair I just cut up for rags -elastic was wearing and a few runs in them
    -raining here slightly -ahhh
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning!
    Happy first day of the Olympics!
    Thank you for removing the rock under which I was living.

I had no clue it was an Olympic summer. Mat. leave, no cable...

Avon...I was doing a favour for a friend. I have a few times this summer to help her out. Angela is the BRAVE one!!! I will be back half time teaching a Grade 6 class in the fall. 50% of my position was released to extended maternity. I have the option to job share for a couple of years as a permanent teacher.

When I was in Angela's shoes with two (I know she has three) that were daycare age, my husband stayed home because he was still interning as a pastor and not making money. I really feel for teachers who are not permanent (such a time-consuming ladder to climb) and no perks while you climb it. I was drafted out of teacher's college and worked permanent from day 1, 10 years ago. This is impossible now according to contract agreements. 1st year supply (if you get on the list), 2 year temporary teaching (if you have a successful interview), after a year of temporary teaching (mat. leaves etc), then you can apply for the permanent pool in Ontario. It is more fair, but hard on those with families who don't have the flexibility as a young single.

We only have a child care need for one, with two in school, Tuesday and Thursday mornings. We are blessed as I can work opposite DH's schedule in a part time manner and still not become a stranger to him. Grandmas on each side were eager to help and take a morning. We are grateful.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Aug 5th, 2016 at 05:23 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Granger, Olympics are on CBC - and have been in the news daily! There are times when I wish I weren't such a news junkie!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday had my daycare kids. I washed 2 loads of laundry, I managed to fold one load. I called 3 companies in the afternoon to request coupons, 2 companies are mailing them out. I have maintained a list of companies for the past few years. Some companies have coupon programs that allow you to call in every 90 days. We went to a kids birthday party next door last night. Dh got food poisoning from the Caesar salad. Our son had a great time jumping on the bouncy castle, until the rental company came and took it down at 8pm.

I took all of the kids to the park this morning. That park has a summer program so they made a craft, did a science experiment, made sand castles, and played on the jungle gym. After lunch I baked monster cookie squares with one child that doesn't nap and baby boy in his high chair. We are currently playing music in the living room. I've got too much leaf lettuce, Swiss chard, and yellow zucchini in my garden. We just haven't been eating much as far as salads go. Only one lady bought some from me. I've offered it to friends and family. We are giving some to a "grandma" tonight, her daughter is going to pick some up for her. I planted lots of peas, but everyone loves those, so we are eating them almost daily.

edit: I bought a family leisure centre pass, 10 punch card, for $70 off a person on a garage sale Facebook group because they are moving away. They sell for $140 and include swimming, etc.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Aug 5th, 2016 at 09:31 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sadly nothing can be done with my mom 30% heart functioning, they can't do a stint and they don't think that she would awake if put under for surgery because her heart is so weak.
    @avoncallingu take care of your back and take your time unpacking

wishing everyone a great evening AND weekend.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Granger, Olympics are on CBC - and have been in the news daily! There are times when I wish I weren't such a news junkie!
    Okay I will say it (Don't hate me) I dislike the Olympics well not really the Olympics so much as the coverage, it takes up many channels and shows we regularly watch....

Go team Canada (haha)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yesterday had my daycare kids. I washed 2 loads of laundry, I managed to fold one load. I called 3 companies in the afternoon to request coupons, 2 companies are mailing them out. I have maintained a list of companies for the past few years. Some companies have coupon programs that allow you to call in every 90 days. We went to a kids birthday party next door last night. Dh got food poisoning from the Caesar salad. Our son had a great time jumping on the bouncy castle, until the rental company came and took it down at 8pm.

I took all of the kids to the park this morning. That park has a summer program so they made a craft, did a science experiment, made sand castles, and played on the jungle gym. After lunch I baked monster cookie squares with one child that doesn't nap and baby boy in his high chair. We are currently playing music in the living room. I've got too much leaf lettuce, Swiss chard, and yellow zucchini in my garden. We just haven't been eating much as far as salads go. Only one lady bought some from me. I've offered it to friends and family. We are giving some to a "grandma" tonight, her daughter is going to pick some up for her. I planted lots of peas, but everyone loves those, so we are eating them almost daily.
    I would suggest shredding the zuchinni and freezing it for baked goods, just a thought.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

nancy, hoping she is at least having drug therapy, then shouldn't there be consideration of transplant?
    Don't mean to be a bug, but just wondering -
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Okay I will say it (Don't hate me) I dislike the Olympics well not really the Olympics so much as the coverage, it takes up many channels and shows we regularly watch....

Go team Canada (haha)
    It's understandable! I'm watching online, so husband can watch regular tv.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Caturday!

I put ribs on to cook early for soup, before it gets hot. I'll finish it off before suppertime; the ribs will be for supper tomorrow. Usually the soup is enough for us for supper, but we can have leftovers or sandwiches to add if we need to tonight.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I would suggest shredding the zuchinni and freezing it for baked goods, just a thought.
    I don't have a food processor, so grating food would be quite labour intensive. I might be inclined to do this if I find a baking recipe that I really enjoy. I bought a spiralizer from Dollarama for $3, I used it to turn a small zucchini into speghettini like noodles. I ate them with Alfredo sauce and it was pretty good. I've also sliced small zucchinis with a vegetable peeler and fried it up with butter and garlic. I also do this with cubed zucchini and sometimes toss in ripe cherry tomatoes at the end. I also use zucchini on my kabobs. I served the kids raw zucchini fingers with ranch dressing, and they really enjoyed it. You can also use zucchini in place of cucumber in salads.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 6th, 2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: typo
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-off to see my daughter/son-in-law all dressed up in my brown sun dress cost me 10.00 with a lovely wooden necklace ,bracelet and sandals -oh and my high end makeup -so it may stay on better when I have a super hot flash
    -everyone have a great day
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So far our vacation has consisted of driving to my moms and arriving july 19th. The 20th was my sisters birthday (which she was convinced we were arriving the day after so surprised her) then t h e 21st to 27th we camped with my mom and sisters and families. The 28th we packed up and cleaned grandmas camper
    The 29th we took grandma's camper to her 2nd home and went to calgary to visit her until the 3rd. We also did calaway park. ..shopping and costco. On the 3rd we headed to spirit river and the 4th back into gp and we did surprise his mom! We went to the heritage museum on tge 4th (free for its birthday celebration) yesterday we went to the dinosaur museum.

With the camper tire issues we had....i invested in ama/caa which with discounts has benefited us with restaurants and museums so far!

Today's a parade and back into gp for a visit. Tonight is fireworks and tomorrow we head home. I cant wait for our own bed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yesterday we ordered the boys new beds. 4 drawer captain's beds with a bookshelf headboard. The idea is to get more space on their rooms for them. The boys now have to go through their rooms and figure out if things are used anymore
    ..worth. keeping etc
    In October we will pick up tge beds.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sadly nothing can be done with my mom 30% heart functioning, they can't do a stint and they don't think that she would awake if put under for surgery because her heart is so weak.
    @avoncallingu take care of your back and take your time unpacking

wishing everyone a great evening AND weekend.
    Im so sorry

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information