User Tag List

Page 1280 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 280 780 1180 1230 1270 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1290 1330 1380 1780 ... LastLast
Results 19,186 to 19,200 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gah, I hate having to redo messages, especially when almost done, but it just went poof!

Hello, everyone!

Well, my tummy back came back late evening, as of now it has calmed. It wouldn't have been from any food, just a bug - and since everything about me is so darned sensitive, nothing takes an average path. I really, really hope it doesn't recur. Husband is fine.

Oy, what is going on in NYC with the virus. Yesterday, more people died from the virus than in the whole last year there. Mortuaries have no room, bodies are being kept at a cathedral, and there was talk yesterday of them having to do mass graves.

A Dr was being interviewed on the radio last eve, talking about some of the incidents.
    A very sad side is that someone with the virus often dies alone, surely without family there. She explained that the wife of a patient had dropped him off at emerg, then went to park the car. In the interim, the husband was taken in, etc., and she did not see him alive again. The dr's advise to people was just in case, spend 10 minutes - or whatever - in the car, just talking and saying the I love yous - because one never knows...

Hope your day has gone well for each of you.
    My next job - grating beets! No gloves,it will be like Ukrainian henna!
    It's to mix with horseradish, salt and sugar to make a condiment which is ever-so-yummy - great with baked ham and kubasa. I have to make it to the strength that is just enough for me to handle, and husband usually adds straight horseradish to it.

Bye for now!

Name:  facebook_1586535651310.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  142.9 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry you're hit with another bug...good, dang it.

However, cooking is such a pleasure, isn't it? We're not getting as involved with it just being the two of us also, a nice roasted ham, served with my honey mustard, creamy mashed potatoes, salad, glazed carrots, wine...easy peasy. Loved that the kids picked up that ham for us.

Have fun cooking again!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Apr 11th, 2020 at 05:05 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We're watching the Raptor's 3rd game against the Warriors...I can almost image life being normal right now...
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good day all!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @walkonby
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I found some new wall art for you @Natalka

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Lynn49...for someone who claims NOT to be really cooking, it sound pretty delicious at your house. Natalka...stay well! I'm just headed downstairs to get a cup of coffee and then start my day at the computer. I've lost my best publishing outlet because they've laid off over 1/2 their staff so I'm working round the clock on free lancing. Thank goodness I still have active connections. Here's hoping they stay that way. Have a good Saturday, everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Was up way too early. I have never made donuts before so I decided to give it a try today . The dough is already made waiting for it to rise. I guess if it does not taste good anything fried and with sugar would still be eating . Keeping my fingers crossed that these are edible don’t want to waste food here.
    @Natalka hope you are feeling better today. As for what’s happen in the US I worried everyday for my family. The majority of my relatives are scattered all over the states. Most of them do reside in New York Also have lots of them who work in the Health care system. I just wish this deadly virus can be flatten and life can come back to normal.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good sunny morning!

I'm almost at a loss here, nothing to report, nothing going on....its 0, heading up yo 6, DH raked our lawns, I've put treats on top of a fence here for my squirrels, don't say I'M not outdoorsy!

It looks like camping season won't happen this year if things don't improve, so we'll concentrate on the garden (if the nurseries open), and spend a lot of time just settin' on the deck sippin' something or other.

@wendymac , my Hubby and I share the cooking, I do the baking, but to be honest, he does most of it! This seemed to have stemmed from the year I spent in bed after I broke my leg, 4 surgeries, so although he was always a good cook, he's really embraced his new role with more adventurous cooking. Our Daughter's Hubby does most of their cooking also, since he's home by the time our GS gets home from school, although our DD isn't too far behind most days unless a client had a late appt with her. We know how to pick 'em! Lol!
    I hope your connections continue, although for the life of me, I have no idea what it is that you do!

Wow, we're just watching the weather network and some of you have really had some interesting weather pass through! Hail, snow....that would send me between the mattresses!
    I hope you all share our sunny day today!

Ok! Off to make myself brunch, then either do or not do something constructive.

Enjoy the day, everyone! Stay safe, stay well!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 11th, 2020 at 10:00 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello my friends!
    @Natalka , my heart goes out to you!

Well, while I took Tootie out this morning, I could hardly breathe but I do have asthma that's being triggered by all the mold in the exposed fall leaves and pollen and whatnot. I have been chilly and have a backache .

Soooooo, I am just taking it easy. No popping out to pick up Eastery things. I actually haven't been in a store for a couple of weeks.

I have pulled together some Easter treats of sorts for my family which I bought over the last while and am adding things like sidewalk chalk and a book called, "A day in Canada". It's a coffee table book that you might remember. It was actually produced in 1993. ( How time flies!) It has pictures of people all across Canada just doing the things people do at various times during one specific day
    Thought it might bring back ideas of " normalcy."

I ordered refills for some prescriptions and they will deliver them on Tuesday or Wednesday after my Dr. Oks one of the refills.

My BrotherR 's retirement home is finally going to staggered mealtimes on Monday and all of the workers are wearing masks and gloves.

I have been trying to wear a mask, but OMG- If my outgoing breath can't get out , then how can my incoming breath get IN? I feel like I am smothering when I wear them. And it fogs up my glasses, which means that it's leaking, as well!

Moan, moan, moan, I know- I'm sorry.

My BrotherB and SIL came by yesterday with an Easter basket and dropped it off at the door so we didn't get near to each other.

Some yummy chocolate goodies- but not overboard and some beautiful purple tulips. They're truly lovely. And 2 beautiful cards.

Well, I will go and "whip up" some lunch.

Maybe soup today. I have a little tradition that I eat oatmeal in the winter but switch over to cold cereal at Easter. I think I might be continuing with the oatmeal for a while, considering the morning temps here.

Happy bunny hops, people!

Stay well and stay home
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Apr 11th, 2020 at 02:32 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I may pay for this, but Hubby and I made that Amish bread that always turns out so perfectly, and I just HAD to have a warm slice of bread with butter....I hope I didn't do something really stupid.

Our GS biked over and our Daughter walked over, so we had a nice long-distance visit on the deck...he baked oatmeal cookies yesterday and brought some over. I traded them for a loaf of bread, hot out of the oven.
    @Natalka , I sure hope you're having a better afternoon today and that you're not over-doing it with the cooking...like us, it's just the two of us, but we're not fussing too much...tomorrow will be our baked ham, scalloped potatoes, glazed carrots, salad, dinner.

Enjoy the day, everyone...it's sunny now and quite nice when we were all sitting outside, but horrible weather is on its way here!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well THIS Mom's had enough! Hahaha!!

Thread Information