User Tag List

Page 1885 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 885 1385 1785 1835 1875 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1895 1935 ... LastLast
Results 28,261 to 28,275 of 29357
Like Tree118522Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Purdee, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Recycle Day! ( for us )
    I stepped out quickly to check the bins and as I came back up the walkway I heard Claudius ( the escape artist ) meowing loudly. I was convinced he had slipped between my legs to get out the front door without me noticing. Turns out he was IN the house meowing from behind the screen in the window. Whew! He is a real sneak and so crafty when he tries to join whoever is walking out the door.
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Skippy, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning fam.
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

it is still raining here, i'm not complaining cause i like the rain more than the heat
    i did have to drive around some stores looking for a raincoat or poncho for my daughter and it was so odd that RCSS, walmart and value village in my area did not have any but they had plenty of rain boots. Dollarama and dollar tree had the thin plastic ones that i'm sure my kid would rip it trying to put it on. I searched kijiji and FB marketplace and made some contacts and well only half replied to my messages.
    lesson learned for me - i need to plan better and be more prepared for next year lol

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day fellow thread dwellers…I am back after having my iPhone die and getting frustrated figuring out laptop workings again.Fortunately another phone was found in our place and I am back thanks to DD.
    Despite my namesake this roo does not take well to the heat and so I have been limiting life in the fast lane…well fast enough for me.
    Hope everyone else is managing with forest fires all over snow yesterday in Alberta and whatever else you may have.Rumour has it that tomorrow is the first day of summer.
    Today’s excitement was the cat catching a chipmunk and wanting to bring it inside.Instead he walked around the deck with it and the fortunate chipmunk made its escape.
    harbie, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Purdee, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes! I needed that little morning chuckle and there it was thanks to @GoJays . Something seemed off " down there " this morning.....lol!! TMI! I had to break out the bottle of pure Cranberry juice. It'll be a flush day, iykwim.
    So my heart's been rather heavy as a successful search looks unlikely for that " not a submarine " vessel which remains lost in the vicinity of the Titanic. Every time I've see photos of that father and son ( who are in the tiny capsule ) I struggle to breathe. The son is just 19 years old! The thought of their family's grief has consumed me, as well as for the others trapped inside. At this point all prayers from around the globe are needed.

Nothing much else to gab about except Happy Hump Day maybe?
    Skippy, Purdee and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning
    DANGER

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I really liked this one because I went to university and left with a BA. So I found this very funny and true in some cases. Thanks for the morning chuckles. FYI, my favorite thing in the morning when i get to work is have some coffee and read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Skippy, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes! I needed that little morning chuckle and there it was thanks to @GoJays . Something seemed off " down there " this morning.....lol!! TMI! I had to break out the bottle of pure Cranberry juice. It'll be a flush day, iykwim.
    So my heart's been rather heavy as a successful search looks unlikely for that " not a submarine " vessel which remains lost in the vicinity of the Titanic. Every time I've see photos of that father and son ( who are in the tiny capsule ) I struggle to breathe. The son is just 19 years old! The thought of their family's grief has consumed me, as well as for the others trapped inside. At this point all prayers from around the globe are needed.

Nothing much else to gab about except Happy Hump Day maybe?
    Aw, so sorry you're so upset about that submarine situation, @walkonby. But it really was an accident waiting to happen... two employees of the company were fired over their concerns for the sub's safety...or lack there-of. One was even sued ty the company! In the plans, the diameter of the outside hull was stipulated at 7"....it was changed by Rush to 5" which one of the guys who warned them said was far too thin for the depth they were intending to ready...it would stand a good chance of imploding! He didn't get it examined and certified for safety because "that would take another two years and they didn't didn't want to wait two more years" (I paraphrased) A video of Rush with a reporter on board was horrifying as he was absolutely smirking when he pointed out the interior light that he bought from CampersWorld!! AND the 'video' controller that would make the sub to "up and down like an elevator"!! Would you have honestly gone into that sub? And of course they're bolted in, so even if they could have tried to get out when trouble first appeared, they couldn't.

As our DD said, she'd love to be a fly on the wall when and if those survivors every read Twitter posts about them!!!

Billionaires having a romp, tossing money at that Rush guy, and who's footing the bills and risking their lives to find them? Not their billionaire friends, that's for sure.

Yes I feel sorry for their families, but maybe they should have thought of them before they stepped on board that slapped-together death-trap.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jun 21st, 2023 at 07:07 PM.
    Skippy and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

From USAToday:
    The news comes as more information emerged about experts' attempts to warn OceanGate about the perils of its operations. Documents show an employee warned there might be safety problems posed by the way the experimental vehicle was developed, and leaders in the submersible craft industry told the company its approach to the enterprise could have a "catastrophic'' outcome.
    Documents in a federal court in Virginia that oversees matters involving the Titanic's sinking also show the Titan had problems from its very first voyage in the summer of 2021, including issues with its electrical system and battery. Some of those were solved along the way, while others required a trip cancelation, the documents said.

The people on board may be facing increasingly dangerous conditions. Xiros said in addition to oxygen possibly running out, the vessel has probably lost power, meaning it’s dark and cold inside. Xiros said at the depths the Titan can go, it could be barely above freezing.
    “If a lack of oxygen doesn't get them,'' he said, "what's going to get them is going to be hypothermia.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/70341342007/

walkonby likes this.

Thread Information