User Tag List

Page 215 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 715 1215 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Hi everyone good day. My baby Daughter graduated today from Grade 12 its a big day for us .Now she needs to grow up.Will be going out to dinner to celebrate tonight. .Wish she stayed closer to home for her under grad. Thinking about it is stressful for me .But we have to let her choose her path and just support her.Don't think I would have been worried if it was my older DD she is a stronger person well no kids are alike.Hopel everyone have a great day
    @flemeth, it sure is a scary time when our little girls leave home and wander out into the world!
    What's that expression I always loved...

With boys you worry
    With girls you pray!

And boy did and do we pray! Even with our DD married to a wonderful man, great wife and mom...very successful career, Honey, I still worry!! I don't think that ever leaves us but yes, at your stage of the game, if we can loosely call it that, it's doubly scary.
    As for teenage girls...they do become human beings again, at around 19. How's THAT for scary?
    When they become moms, they realized they really don't know everything about everything in the world! haha!

Good luck to her and to you!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jun 29th, 2017 at 06:55 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone good day. My baby Daughter graduated today from Grade 12 its a big day for us .Now she needs to grow up.Will be going out to dinner to celebrate tonight. .Wish she stayed closer to home for her under grad. Thinking about it is stressful for me .But we have to let her choose her path and just support her.Don't think I would have been worried if it was my older DD she is a stronger person well no kids are alike.Hopel everyone have a great day
    Congrats to her, and to you! How far away is she going to school, and for what?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi flemeth.. congratulations to your baby daughter on her graduation 🎓. Ohhh when we have kids . you'll always worry about them .. no matter how old they get .. take care

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneha2008 View Post
    Today is my birthday
    Happy Birthday!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @avoncallingu....I love that secretary desk you have in your auction!!!!
    Do you deliver?? Nevermind...I wouldn't know where to put it....

Did you see that some items have "Extended Bidding"?
    Soooooo...would that mean that there's a reserve price on it??

There's an emerald I'd love to bid on and DH said, go ahead we'll be in Toronto nest week...alas, the only pick-up date is June 2nd and we won't be there until the 5th.....{{{{looking for more emeralds}}}}

The extended bidding means that it's close to closing but people are still bidding so they let it continue - no reserve bids. If you are the winning bidder and don't pick it up, it goes back to the owner. They mentioned that you, as bidder can negotiate a different pick-up date but I am not sure how that works. You could send the company a question.

What auction is this emerald in? When does it close?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Of course! Learned a long time ago that the lady is ALWAYS right

Sent from my iPhone
    OMG ... really GoodBoy.. lady is ALWAYS RIGHT.. hahaha .. never knew that man would admit this out Loud to us .. you must be one in million that would say this .. WOW 😳 🍻🍷🍻
    22hicks, Lynn49, dededi and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

With boys you worry
    With girls you pray!

Really?? I've obviously missing out here. I let P1 fly from home and she's doing well.

we gave her the tools she needed to live an independent life( excluding bringing her home to do her laundry!) for the first year she was in CEGAP. Now she and her friend have an apartment and are fairly autonomous.

I don't worry about her at all. Should I and why?

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneha2008 View Post
    Thank you
    Name:  IMG_0796.GIF
Views: 98
Size:  85.1 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Really?? I've obviously missing out here. I let P1 fly from home and she's doing well.

we gave her the tools she needed to live an independent life( excluding bringing her home to do her laundry!) for the first year she was in CEGAP. Now she and her friend have an apartment and are fairly autonomous.

I don't worry about her at all. Should I and why?
    If you don't then you shouldn't.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    The extended bidding means that it's close to closing but people are still bidding so they let it continue - no reserve bids. If you are the winning bidder and don't pick it up, it goes back to the owner. They mentioned that you, as bidder can negotiate a different pick-up date but I am not sure how that works. You could send the company a question.

What auction is this emerald in? When does it close?
    It's in TO....the Esplanade, iirc....it's an UNoiled emerald. I'll have to watch the bidding...I just did a search for 'emerlds' and it came up..there are two of them for under $50 for now. I'm sure the bidding will increase....dang it.

Thanks @avoncallingu , for the explanation about the continued bidding...I guess there's a cut-off when they decide if the bidding is actually continuing or stalled...gosh, Sweetheart, I wish you ALL the best with your auction!!!
    What happens if someting doesn't get bid on? Does it go back to you?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    OMG ... really GoodBoy.. lady is ALWAYS RIGHT.. hahaha .. never knew that man would admit this out Loud to us .. you must be one in million that would say this .. WOW  
    Married to the 2nd one in a million...."happy wife, happy life"...that's his motto....
    However. There are times...yes, I admit it...there are times when I am wrong..or, um...misinformed about something, and I do admit it. And he just smiles..... {{{blink, blink, blink}}}

Funny story...whenever he calls our pharmacy to renew our prescriptions, he always says these are for 'my dearest'....so they now refer to me as 'your dearest' to him.
    A June bride is always a bride, as the saying goes....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jun 29th, 2017 at 11:05 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Married to the 2nd one in a million...."happy wife, happy life"...that's his motto....
    However. There are times...yes, I admit it...there are times when I am wrong..or, um...misinformed about something, and I do admit it. And he just smiles..... {{{blink, blink, blink}}}

Funny story...whenever he calls our pharmacy to renew our prescriptions, he always says these are for 'my dearest'....so they now refer to me as 'your dearest' to him.
    A June bride is always a bride, as the saying goes....
    Yes!! I AGREE with you Lynn . not too many men would say they agree that women is always right lol just joking around with GoodBoy.. if your darling hubby thinks your right all time lol will that's awesome for you Lynn .. Take extra care yourself sweetie

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It's in TO....the Esplanade, iirc....it's an UNoiled emerald. I'll have to watch the bidding...I just did a search for 'emerlds' and it came up..there are two of them for under $50 for now. I'm sure the bidding will increase....dang it.

Thanks @avoncallingu , for the explanation about the continued bidding...I guess there's a cut-off when they decide if the bidding is actually continuing or stalled...gosh, Sweetheart, I wish you ALL the best with your auction!!!
    What happens if someting doesn't get bid on? Does it go back to you?

Yes, what is left comes back to me as well as anything that doesn't get picked up. Each lot Does have a bid at the moment so, it should all be picked up. Some things may be left behind and then it's up to me to get rid of them, but they have already been paid for because you have to register your payment method before you can bid. When bidding ends, the last bidder is charged.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. @Natalka , @Lynn49 @Newfiescreech . Thanks for all the good wishes My DD will be going to university about 3-4 hours away. Don't sound far but she is a very quiet and shy person . Have a great day everyone its rainningbagain here enough.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, not only is it a long weekend, but husband will be home all next week - he has to use up holidays. YAY!

Have a great day!

Thread Information