User Tag List

Page 547 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 597 647 1047 1547 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 29356
Like Tree118519Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning folks.

Tired, very tired. Did not get much sleep last night. I was beyond furious and wasn’t able to get any shut eye until about an hour before my alarm normally goes off.

The Lady and I have had our discussions both last night, and continuing this morning, but I would love to have the input, thoughts, opinions, and comments from our wonderful group here as well. Please be honest.

Here’s the situation.

As most of you know the Lady and I adopted of Yellow Lab, Cooper, a couple of weeks ago (less than 3 weeks to be exact). The Adoption Agreement with Cooper’s previous family, was exactly that, an Adoption Agreement, with no notation at all of visits or any sort of contact.

Thinking we would be kind and to assist the previous family in gaining closure after the adoption, we allowed them to message us from time to time to see how he is doing, and that we may send a photo here and there.

On the evening of the adoption, in the 2 hours between picking him up and arriving home, they messaged and called my phone asking how he was and how the travel home was going.

In the following days, there were more messages asking about Cooper. We did not tell the previous family about renaming Cooper, so they still refer to him by the other name.

During the pickup date, we had mentioned that we were going north to see my In-Laws for the long weekend and that we’d be taking Cooper up with us. We noted that we would send some photos of him exploring and enjoying the North. I sent the photos after the weekend, and received a short but polite “Nice pictures, thank you.”

An entire week passes after the long weekend, without as much as a peep from them, until this exchange of messages last night.

Name:  IMG_3293.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  242.8 KB

The Lady and I were irate when this exchange happened last night.
    ...and I'm still fuming...which explains this post in another thread.

I have yet to respond to the latest text.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, May 30th, 2018 at 08:23 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

They want to see him? I'd respond with a polite, but firm no. Not possible. Refer back to your adoption agreement and remind them that you have been more than accommodating with the texts, pictures and updates. Perhaps a threat to remove ALL contact will knock them back into place?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@danger_dan

P.S. He's adorable

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @danger_dan
    P.S. He's adorable
    Name:  IMG_3290.png
Views: 111
Size:  681.7 KB
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, May 30th, 2018 at 09:10 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!
    @danger_dan , @GoJays took the words right out of my mouth: "we've been more than accommodating", then "we're a busy family and your intrusive emails and requests are not in keeping with our agreement "see below", "a personal visit would only serve to confuse Cooper and prevent his closure", "when and if we are able to provide you with photos perhaps on holidays, we cannot continue being harassed by your family", Cooper is OUR dog now and anyone else wouldn't have provided you with as much contact, photos as we have; "for now, we will suspend contact with you". PERIOD!
    YOU OWE THEM NOTHING! THEY GAVE COOPER UP AND NOW THEIR BRATS WANT TO HAVE A DOGGIE THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AFTER?!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!

Whew. Okay, now I'M going to try to settle down.

How is everyone today?! A bright sunny day here, running a few errands, but the sunshine makes everything happier today!

Toodles for now, enjoy a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, hope U have a marvelous day!! @Dang er dan i think it's time for them to let Cooper go and U should tell them so.

Name:  a0d55767664814f5ae9a7b6b7809eaa2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  29.3 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  dc980b6350c31d5c525dcdda19245431.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  20.9 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahahahaha!!! Oh, @dededi ...that's hilarious! And something that's crossed my mind many many times in a grocery store!!
    @GoJays ...thankew, thankew...I'm not as kind as either Dan or Dededi...that sort of thing just makes it impossible to deal with some people!! In my old(er) age I've learned not to take any crap from anyone...I do think that comes with age and experience.

OTOH....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@danger_dan I agree with GoJays and Lynn here. You will just have to find your own way to tell them.

Let them know also that it's better for THEIR family to let go, to move on. They agreed to the adoption, and now need to trust and know you are providing Cooper with a wonderful home.

----

Well, much cooler days here, may be a thunderstorm later. I'm good with that.
    Nurse is coming today.

Have a great day, all!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I need advices from you guys:We share I said share but this is obviously not the case a dry line with my neibourg and he block the dry line and the Windows with all his furnitures he have no rights to do that...what could I do to make this stop and have my dry line because I need it ...thank you
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I need advices from you guys:We share I said share but this is obviously not the case a dry line with my neibourg and he block the dry line and the Windows with all his furnitures he have no rights to do that...what could I do to make this stop and have my dry line because I need it ...thank you
    @cath007 do you mean a clothes line? ( dry line )
    That neighbour is not being very kind by blocking the window that you need to open to hang your clothes, is there any gentle way of asking him if he can move the furniture out of the way?
    Good luck.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ohhhh! poor you and the Mrs!! @danger_dan
    and Poorer Cooper ( if THAT IS his real name! )

The ladies on sc said it all in spades earlier this morning! ( Lynn, GoJays, dededi and Natalka ) and I add my support to their words.
    Unbelievable that the people who somehow found it in their " hearts " to part with that beautiful pooch now want to have their doggy treats and eat them too?
    btw, loved that post you made of that song....just one of those days.
    it is good to vent in here, that way you will be oh so diplomatic when you tell those previous owners to get lost!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @cath007 do you mean a clothes line? ( dry line )
    That neighbour is not being very kind by blocking the window that you need to open to hang your clothes, is there any gentle way of asking him if he can move the furniture out of the way?
    Good luck.
    He dont care and yes I mean clothes line

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thread Information