User Tag List

Page 694 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 194 594 644 684 692 693 694 695 696 704 744 794 1194 1694 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  AC8047AE-C1F8-4E82-84F8-599D648273E7.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  57.9 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Milan came over for supper and a visit. However he had to work late, and was just tuckered right out - hard getting used to being back at work, too, after two months of school.
    He didn't eat much, and apologized that he wasn't at his best. He still had a highway drive home, so I told him to just go.

All afternoon at home, I was feeling it was getting colder, but mid-afternoon I was in bed snuggled to a warm kitty. Husband came home from work, and when I got out of bed it was so cold - the furnace was out. This had been happening more frequently lately, husband relights the pilot light.

The property company's maintenance guy came out last week and he just vacuumed the furnace. Said to call any time of day or night if it stopped working.
    So husband first called after 5, left message, nothing.
    Called all the numbers on the manager's card, nothing. Left message on the 24 hour emergency line.

No visits, no calls back.
    It is now 9:45 and husband went to relight it again.

Now it's just below zero outside, and we wouldn't freeze in here. But geez!

I am kinda worried my husband might strangle somebody...
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yikes, Nat-that's awful about your furnace! It has been raining all day and temps are supposed to go below zero tonight. I have tracked down the garage opener and the fellow is supposed to get it to me tomorrow.

Waiting on call backs on several different appointments.

Tomorrow is hair day and time to get Tootie tidied up. So many commitments coming fast down the pike.

Went to see Coriolanus this afternoon in Stratford. It's hard to describe how SPECTACULAR. the staging was for this play. The acting was wonderful as well. Such creativity is truly inspiring! This Shakspearian play is rarely performed because the staging is so challenging. It was magnificent.

We had a good choir practice with just 6 of us who will perform a challenging anthem on Sunday. And I am bushes!

Am contemplating whether to go to court tomorrow as the accused bomber from my brother's street bombing is to appear to register his plea. This will be the 3rd time he has been called to appear, but his health has so far prevented it, so still no plea. Nothing is being done to clean up the site so it's traumatic every time people walk out their door or look out their window.

Must get some sleep. Good night folks, May you find the salesman who sprinkles sand in your eyes to get you to sleep quickly.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

mornin @GoJays ! It is still quite cold, dark, rainy here but it is still early at least the dark will change soon. @Natalka any chance you can borrow or get a hold of one of those micro furnaces? ( they run on electricity ) are small square box-like design and really warm up a room.
    We used them when we camped to keep things snuggly and warm in the tent at night.

I had great plans to see 2 flicks today, ( hoping for a nooner and maybe a 3 or 4 o'clock one ) but my uncooperative local cinema chooses to start the first viewing of all their flicks at 7 -8 p.m.! Don't they know I'll be dozing off at that time?

Must post this little tot. I watched her on Ellen yesterday, where Ellen said she was only 2 years old....but this clip claims she is 3....now I am less impressed if she is 3..( ha ha ...kidding! she is hilarious )

Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Nov 2nd, 2018 at 07:22 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays . More rain indoors for us so another day of indoors for me maybe. Hope everyone drive in to work is safe and stay dry everyone. Have a great Friday all

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka so sorry about your furnace. Hope you get this issue resolve as quickly as possible.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning.
    Friday.
    Work.
    Home.
    Sleep till Monday.

Been a long week.
    Have a wonderful day and weekend folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning folks! For the first time in a while, I have woken up with a very fuzzy and pounding head. Have taken measures to reverse this. Friday lies ahead!

There are dragons to slay and doggies to pet.

Natalka, please do keep warm! How very frustrating that you can't get hold of the people responsible to fix it!

Dan, is the cone gone?

Flemeth, you are always an early bird. With all this rain, watch out for the worms 😄

Walks, your former co-workers have walked in Kitchener today, so no mail for me.

Well, I should prepare for the day ahead.

Wishing you all the best Friday of the month, so far!!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Friday!

Well, no one else - other than you wonderful people - cared that we had furnace troubles. Thank goodness that it kept lit during the night so we were kept warm.

However, as far as anyone else we contacted knew, we were left without heat...
    Husband just left for work, and he will be giving some of these people an earful!

At the last place we rented, the landlord had let us know if there ever were an emergency and we couldn't get ahold of him, that we could get in touch with whomever was needed to do a fix, he could be billed or we would be reimbursed.
    I guess that's the difference between having a private landlord and dealing with a property management company.

Thanks to all of you for your concern, you are so very kind.

No nurse showed up for me yesterday, so I don't know what is up with that. Maybe the last nurse got it wrong.
    Just so you know, if I badly needed a nurse or doctor, I just have to make a call and someone would come.

Take care, everyone, and enjoy whatever the day brings you!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!
    @Natalka , how frustrating wrt your furnace! Otoh, perhaps letting whoever is looking into getting you into more comfortable housing know about this issue. Nothing like greasing that wheel!! I hope your Hubby reaches someone today!

Not much going on here...so have a lovely day, everyone! I see y'all have rain down south, we have wind, clouds, but no rain so I may feel well enough for my DH to drive me to the DollarTree for a few things I want to poke around for.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Dan, is the cone gone?
    @avoncallingu , I totally forgot to give you all the update.
    Yes the Martini cone is off Cooper. Our boiy's back to his normal self. No more banging (his head anyways) into things around the house.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

don't forget to change your clocks this weekend Daylight Saving comes to and end
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Kool, no changing of clocks here; we are more advanced than that!

Dude came to fix the furnace before six. Yay. It was the thermocoupler (?) as my husband thought.

Boring day. Another one to cross off...

Hoping we all have good sleeps!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Thread Information