User Tag List

Page 95 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 595 1095 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 29342
Like Tree118504Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

@danger_dan, I wonder if the stress that your company has been putting on you is a contributing factor in your migraines. I bet most of us have endured a wide variety of stressful conditions in our jobs and had to figure a way to either absorb them and live with the stress or bail out. First of all visit your doctor to rule out anything that may physically contributing to your migraines and get treatment for them. Then give some deep thought to where you want to be in the next 5 years.....with a company that devalues your work and contributions, or in a more ethical situation.
    You're young, too young to have your health compromised by where you spend the majority of your waking hours.

Lots to think about, Hon.......I hope you're feeling better today.

Enjoy that sunshine and have a lovely day, everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dan, I was thinking along the same lines as Lynn. My migraines are controlled by Excedrine Migraine -only available in the States but consist of aspirin, Tylenol and caffeine. So if I don't have one, I just take aspirin and a Tylenol and have some chocolate. (A coffee or coke would work too.
    I used to be totally debilitated by migraines - but no more.

Maybe you need to have your eyes checked as you must be working with a lot of screen work and demanding ocular challenges.

I'm relaxing at the chalet while the rest of the women have gone for a walk along the water's edge.

We managed to leave yesterday with a car full of bags of this and that but NOT MY SUITCASE!

Very funny. We went shopping at a favourite thrift shop in Thornburg where it was 1/2 off women's clothing day.

So I came up with a pair of short pj' s that were new., a very cosy robe, a captain, an L.L.Bean shirt and a very nice sweater-also some Easter cards and some serviettes all for under $20.

Our friend from London is stopping by to pick up my suitcase and by this afternoon, I will have all my stuff. With 5 women you can always come up with shampoo, body wash and a hair dryer.

Lots of laughs and life stories.

My dessert was a hit- thanks to Lynn! A story to go with it, of course.

More shopping this afternoon.

Oh, HAVE to tell you about my interactions with the police yesterday. Lots of phone calls back and forth. But I am getting a headache myself - so need a little rest.

Cliff hanger.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, @avoncallingu , life is certainly an adventure for you, isn't it, my Friend? I'm glad that your luggage will be joining you shortly, but I'm thrilled that the recipe I gave you turned out so well for you and that your friends enjoyed it. Makes you look like a gourmet baker, doesn't it?

As for your police story.......we're waiting (im)patiently for you to dish, Dearie...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi everyone hope you all are having a great day so far.I have been busy with my volunteer at my daughters elementry school. @danger_dan hope you are feeling better today I agree with Lynn . @avoncallingu I have to tell my dd to try those combination of meds for herd migraines she gets it really bad @walkonby glad you are back. Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, Lynn, I won't keep you in suspense.

Yesterday as our group of 5 women came out of a store and headed across the street to a coffee shop, we started hearing screaming (as in young child screaming ) and a man yelling very angrily, "I told you to stop!" -repeatedly. As he seemed to be pushing a child into the SUV- mini-van.- orange in colour. I made a bee-line towards the car to inform the man that he shouldn't be treating the child that way.

When he saw me, he jumped into the car and zoomed away to the corner where he barely stopped at the red light and zoomed around the corner onto the main highway. I tried to memorize the license plate number and went quickly back to the coffee shop to borrow my friend 's phone and called the police.

We'll, the number I had "memorized" did not correspond with a vehicle of that description. But the constable and detective phoned back several times to ask more details. I don't know if they traced the person down but I was impressed that they got right on the case. It may just have been an angry father but how frightening for the child- even I was frightened by his tone.

Today was quieter. Did a LOT of shopping - imagine 7 women on the loose at end-of-seazon sales!

Now my feet are killing me but I 'Ve used Lynn's "That Stuff for Pain" which arrived with my luggage at noon with my friend from London.

I lying down but missing a lot of giggles downstairs.

See you later!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Mar 23rd, 2017 at 05:38 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, @avoncallingu , what a fright for you and even moreso, for that child! Good job those officers took your call seriously from the get-go...I hope they caught up to the guy somehow! Nice parenting, yelling at a child like that! Honestly!

I'm really happy that "That Stuff For Pain" continues to bringbyou relief. You had mentioned a whilecback that you put it on your temples, iirc, and it helped your headaches. Do you still use it for that? I hope Dan is feeling much better today.
    Enjoy the company of your friends, Hon!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, what a crazy episode!

Dan, sure hope you are feeling better. Our son gets migraines, so I know what he goes through.

Sad goings-on with extended family here - my niece's FIL passed away (he was old, ill, in a home) on the 17th and two days ago her husband ended up in hospital - he has MS, probably has pneumonia as well as 'something else' they haven't diagnosed yet. He's still in the hospital; they are hoping he will get a day pass to go his father's funeral Sunday. That niece is my second oldest sister's daughter.

This morning, got an email from my next oldest sister that her husband's oldest brother's wife was found dead at home yesterday, by their daughter. The deceased is early to mid-60s - the daughter who found her is in her 20s (there is also a brother a few years younger). The husband was away on business in Texas, so hopefully he is home by now. My sister (an ICU nurse) said she hadn't been ill, no cause of death yet.

(no need to extend symp. to me, I just wanted to share....)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, Natalka, I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss!

Hoping everyone gets a lovely night's sleep with good dreams abounding!
    22hicks, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1154.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  117.2 KB
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1155.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  80.2 KB

What a Nasty Day.. weather network said 10 to 15 cm SNOW.. now we have at least 20cm still snowing outside.. ❄️❄️❄️❄️☃️☃️☃️☃️
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi good morning everyone. The weekend is almost here. Have a great day to you all
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning all. An early morning for me, woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed for some reason? Trying to squash that energy fast now by sitting here....ha ha
    just read back a bit.... @avoncallingu at least you did a very responsible thing in trying to get that vehicle tracked down, I hope it was just a dad blowing his top and nothing worse. @Natalka , rough go for your niece and for your other sister and her DH's family. @flemeth ty for the welcome back....hooray for Google Chrome, my issue is solved. @Newfiescreech all we have are some bitter temps and high winds, my heart goes out to you for having to deal with the white stuff still....doesn't Mother nature know it is Spring?
    The guys are I are excited to go see the movie Life opening today.....hope the trailers have not hyped it too much.
    Have a nice weekend everyone.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Friday everyone.Name:  friday_funny1.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  50.4 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.

Name:  Sunny-Disposition.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  67.1 KB

Page 95 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 595 1095 ... LastLast

Thread Information