User Tag List

Page 155 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 655 1155 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!Name:  ff141eecac129e2608a599b1f01a57ef.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  36.1 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Tue, May 9th, 2017 at 07:40 AM.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Feels more like late March early April out there...this isn't what mid May should feel like!

Have a wonderful day Fam.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning folks! Sadie and I drove down to Chatham and back yesterday. (I did most of the driving)

Wanted to rip out the sadly unkempt stones and border thingies around my parents' grave which is right beside where DH will be buried on May 29 which would have been his 68th. birthday. Darn near killed my back and feet and only got about 1/3 of it done. The front section of border was buried down about 4" - I guess from frost motion over the last couple of years. I will go back on Friday to see if I can't get the whole thing done.

Then I went over to DH's father's grave to remove tidy it up and put the poppy cross in for the summer. I think his daughter is going to have to take over this job now.

Well they were repairing the potholes in the road and Sadie managed to walk in the fresh tar and get it into 2 of her paws! Yikes!. I wrapped up her paw with some first-aide stuff I had so she wouldn't lick at it and whisked her over to our old vet who had a special connection with DH and our doggies. She is actually going to try to make it over to the cemetery for the internment ceremony. She clipped away at the fur on Sadie' s paws but I found that Sadie kept licking her chops. So I went and bought some scissors and clipped away most of the hair around her face because it had tar in it too! She looks a real sight! The new groomer will have her hands full on Monday trying to make her look like a Schnauzer!

Drove back to London and bathed her feet in Dawn like they use on oil-spill animals. She did eat her supper but I phoned the emergency vet here to see if there was anything else I should do. Just keep an eye on her for odd behaviour or vomiting. So I stayed up while she slept soundly. She seems fine- no vomiting or weird behaviour. Whew. Just another regular day in my life! Where are those "chill-pills?" I have a Reiki appointment today. That will help and then off to KW again tomorrow to see 2 or 3 more apartments. Then back to Chatham on Friday to finish the grave work.

Can you beam me up, Mr. Spock?
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, May 9th, 2017 at 08:27 AM.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good morning folks! Sadie and I drove down to Chatham and back yesterday. (I did most of the driving)

Wanted to rip out the sadly unkempt stones and border thingies around my parents' grave which is right beside where DH will be buried on May 29 which would have been his 68th. birthday. Darn near killed my back and feet and only got about 1/3 of it done. The front section of border was buried down about 4" - I guess from frost motion over the last couple of years. I will go back on Friday to see if I can't get the whole thing done.

Then I went over to DH's father's grave to remove tidy it up and put the poppy cross in for the summer. I think his daughter is going to have to take over this job now.

Well they were repairing the potholes in the road and Sadie managed to walk in the fresh tar and get it into 2 of her paws! Yikes!. I wrapped up her paw with some first-aide stuff I had so she wouldn't lick at it and whisked her over to our old vet who had a special connection with DH and our doggies. She is actually going to try to make it over to the cemetery for the internment ceremony. She clipped away at the fur on Sadie' s paws but I found that Sadie kept licking her chops. So I went and bought some scissors and clipped away most of the hair around her face because it had tar in it too! She looks a real sight! The new groomer will have her hands full on Monday trying to make her look like a Schnauzer!

Drove back to London and bathed her feet in Dawn like they use on oil-spill animals. She did eat her supper but I phoned the emergency vet here to see if there was anything else I should do. Just keep an eye on her for odd behaviour or vomiting. So I stayed up while she slept soundly. She seems fine- no vomiting or weird behaviour. Whew. Just another regular day in my life! Where are those "chill-pills?" I have a Reiki appointment today. That will help and then off to KW again tomorrow to see 2 or 3 more apartments. Then back to Chatham on Friday to finish the grave work.

Can you beam me up, Mr. Spock?
    From the sound of it you had a very busy day and hoping you get some time to yourself to relax a little today.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I woke up to another nice sunny day but chilly and frost on the lawn. No special plans for today other than baking Shake 'n' Bake chicken.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Isn't the sun wonderful.
    I hope you have an awesome day.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, all!!!
    @avoncallingu , poor Sadie...and oh...poor you, too! I hope everything you've tried has worked to get that tar out of her paws...good heavens, Girlie, what next?! As for your FIL's gravesite, uh, yah. Time someone else took over that responsibility. But you know me....just a hard-ass, but a hard-ass who wants you to shed some of the responsibilities that are someone else's problem...Hey! I'm just thinkin' of you, Babe!!

Congratulations on the sale of your condo, and lots of good luck with your apartment hunting in KW tomorrow!! I hope you find something wonderful for you and your brother!!!

Another chilly day here, but at least it's sunny. Not much to do except sew the tiny blue trim onto the bedskirt bottom edge to give it a bit of ooomph instead of just sitting there all pale and boring. Bought a new rug for my side of the bed, blue silk hydrangeas and yellow pokey things for the white mason jar I painted....had "the boys" bring up the white china cabinet that's been lingering in the rec-room so that I can put some linens and keepsakes in it, in that room..it's starting to come together!! Yep. Life in the fast-lane!

No one here has reported flooding so that's really great news!! Such awful floods in so many parts of the country, so much material and human losses...so tragic.

Stay warm and dry and above all...happy and thankful today!!
    Enjoy your day!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have to give the boys of summer a boost, Name:  3-Toronto-BlueJays-MLB-Team-Colors-The-2-Tone-MLB-Basic-Green-Under-Visor-Snapback-950-9fifty-Ne.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  51.0 KBGO JAYS GO!
    Last edited by dededi; Tue, May 9th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.
    22hicks, Lynn49, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@avoncallingu - geez, are you ever going to catch a break. The sale of your condo, not finding an appt. yet, your DH's burial, and on his b/day no less, all the pain you've been experiencing, then Sadie & all that tar. How much more can one person take?
    I know you're a strong lady, so hang in there just a little longer. Things are bound to turn around soon.
    Lynn49, macw1960, dededi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My condo is SOLD! ALL CONDITIONS WAVED! JULY 19TH CLOSING DATE!!! LOOK OUT KW - HERE I COME! To where, I don't know but should know soon. Back to KW tomorrow to look at more places.

Now I can start packing after I finish my taxes. The second person through ( on the second day it waslisted) put in an acceptable offer with acceptable timing and today she signed off on the condition she had to check out the condo association status. Whooppee!

Early morning tomorrow. Got to get some sleep. Thanks for listening to all my yammerings!
    22hicks, Lynn49, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, congrats on the sale! What's KW - another area in your city? Hope your search goes well.

Hoping Sadie is okay.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. @avoncallingu congrats on the sale of your condo. Hope your search goes good. I hope Sadie is doing OK. I am busy with getting my DD all her stuff ready for Prom. I forget how much it cost to send a kid to Prom my oldest did it 9 yes ago and I don't remember being stress like this. Have a great Wednesday everyone

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone! @avoncallingu , Congratulation! That's such great news. Seems lie that is the new norm for how places are being listed on the markets and disappearing in a flash.

It's been a while since I've given everyone a proper update.
    I've been cryptic and not very forthcoming lately, and I apologize.

The Lady and I have been hit with hurdle after hurdle to overcome.

1. Back in late March, my FIL was diagnosed with (Stage 2? details are still fuzzy) prostate 'C' (I'm not going to even say the full name of this stupid pest of an illness). Preliminary scans came back negative for progression into the surrounding tissue or bone, which is great news. AMAZING Doc, rushed getting him scheduled into surgery even before the scans came back, and as soon as the option for surgery was discussed and okayed by FIL. Surgery is scheduled for the end of June. Fingers crossed nothing has changed since the scan.

2. The Lady and I have been diligently packing up boxes at our places, slowly but surely each night....all because we bought a Home and Property! I say Home and not just house,because it feels like HOME! Everything happened super fast, and after looking for what seemed like forever (...but was more so actually around 8 months, 11 if you count us just perusing random open houses) we were almost shocked it all worked out.
    We managed to get our new home, (slightly) under list price, and before it was listed on the Toronto Markets...We were the only offer to come in after the first weekend open house. Turns out the Listing Agent hadn't listed the home on the Toronto Real Estate Market until after the weekend open house, which gave us just enough time to beat all the Torontonians to the punch!
    We close on our Home, also...at the end of June...it's going to be tough, but we'll manage.

3. Work issues...still dealing with this. I do appreciate everyone's kind words of advice/encouragement, they have not gone unread or unheeded.

When it rains...it pours!

All for now.
    Enjoy the day Fam, it's Hump day, weekend is on the horizon!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Wow ... just noticed that - now idea what it means but thanks!!! Appreciated!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    more likes you receive from your friends .. I'm assuming they add up .. then you get different colours of hearts ..starts with blue then it goes to pink then last it's gold heart .. now u don't get award for this .. only see your progress
    You're close, it's not the # of 'likes' you receive, but the number of 'reps'.

I'm still catching up on all I missed while I had my computer issues,
    so a very late congratulations @GoodBoy for your 1st
    BLUE heart.

Thread Information