User Tag List

Page 611 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 111 511 561 601 609 610 611 612 613 621 661 711 1111 1611 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well.....apparently this worked. Jenny has been licking her legs, paws, and ahem...other areas for a while now, so I've been googling solutions for her....well!!! Camomile tea (yes, Avon....!!!) was suggested as a remedy to use cotton balls on her "hot spots", feet, legs, under her arms, so I did that. Meh, might have helped a little, BUT!!!! I offered the tea to her and she actually DRANK it!!! For several HOURS now, NO licking, no jumping out of her nap to nibble or lick her legs...nothing!!! The poor wee muffin is finally at peace!!!!!!

Just an fyi if your beloved little fur-kids are irritated this time of year.....it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...btw...our DD just called...she went outside their front door for a relaxing glass of wine, and there, at the end of their looong (thank goodness) drive way, was a BEAR, just looking at her!! OMG!!! She backed into the house, keeping an eye on it and it finally seemed fo disappear! THIS is in the burbs, not in the woods!!!! The biggest critters we get at camp are ravens!!.....goodness.....omg, the adventures that gal gets into. It's no wonder my hair started turning gray at 27 when I was pregnant with her!!!!! Hahaahaha!!!!

Sleep well, my Friends...sweet dreams!

Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Aug 7th, 2018 at 11:18 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've just had 2 scotch, and it's "Hello sailor!" time!! Old age just sucks somtimes!

Did I mention that we walked to a friend's camp a few doors down from where we were visiting on Sunday? It's ..... hm ... old age can be a b*tch...chatting about who's gone....who didn't make it this far....excuse me for being maudling, but....sometimes old age sucks.

Otoh....omgoodness....does anyone remember Brian Savage, the former NHL hockey player?! Whoa! HE'S just a purdy as ever!!! It was so nice to see him again......when we visited our friends....

G'Night everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Aug 7th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone . Hope no one was affected by the heavy rain that. Fell last night.
    More rain on the way for the next. 2 days. Have a few appointments I have to get to today. Stay dry everyone. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Haha... Lynn drunk-posting makes me smile

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning all

@GoJays , agreed. Keep it up @Lynn49 !

Cooler and rainy today.
    Have a wonderful day folks.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good day all. Was up bright and early for my appt. Then I got a call that it will be re-booked to another day as some staff called in sick. Boo to that! I mentally prepare for these visits, as well as shower and groom. lol!!

Reading back to that close encounter of the bear kind @Lynn49 that your DD experienced. Relieved that she made her retreat back to safety. I am glad I have never seen one up close in all the years of camping that we did.
    As far as the camomile tea remedy I wonder if I brewed some and dabbed it all around Rufus fur area directly below, above and around his eyes.

As some of you know he is nearly blind now, his eyes weep all the time ( nothing of colour, not a thick discharge , just looks like clear tears maybe ) but it soaks the surrounding fur and he also " paws " at his eye areas ( often they look swollen ) we assume he is trying to scratch whatever is itching. Yes this is all heart breaking, very tough not to just cradle him every moment we get, he seems open to that snuggling more now that he ever was.
    WHY CAN"T PETS BE GRANTED THE GIFT OF SPEECH!!?? ( there is so much I need to ask him )

Oh well my schedule is open so guess I'll drag my showered butt off to WM for a couple of things. Enjoy the rain today!!

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Agreed, Lynn, absolutely anywhere!

However, the absolute best is with butter on new baby potatoes. I use it in the rice mixture for cabbage rolls, borscht, barley soup using rib broth - well, I usually put it in any homemade soup. In the onions sauteed for pyrohy, in the potato mixture inside, in lazy perogy casserole or perogy shells. In the cream sauce poured over beetniks. In a mushroom cream sauce used over buns, pyrohy, potatoes.

In nalysnyky, mixed with the cottage cheese filling; in buns which has dry curd cottage cheese mixture inside.

Great, now I want nalysnyky! Smachnoho! (Good eating!)

argh!! I am a latent fresh dill lover!!
    I once shared in here that for so many years I NEVER bought any ( not dried or fresh ) because DH said he hated dill!
    That is insane right? but I just took his word that the stuff must be horrid.
    Then one day ( and it was not even that long ago ) I finally lifted a fresh bunch in the store and whiffed it.
    I loved the aroma, so I bought and used it and now in the words made famous by that old gal " I put that SH*T on everything !"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    WHY would you say the word, "nalysnyky', Nat!! I haven't had that in years!! So many calories...our DD loves them, too.
    Now I want some!! {{{Stomping feet}}}
    ^^^ THIS is why I enjoy logging into sc!!
    I get to laugh out loud all the time and it costs me nothing.
    thanks Lynn

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

OMG @Lynn49 Lions and Tigers and BEARS! WICKED! Poor thing! They must be running from the fires. I bet DD scared her to death. I wonder where she wound up? Did DD call the local authorities about it? I saw a groundhog the other day and sometimes a skunk. Pretty scary down here in Southern Ontario too! Although there WAS a bear sighted in a little town near Chatham last week. I think they caught it and took it back to......Sudbury maybe? I'm really not making light of your DD's scare. I would be backing up inside to go and change my pants!

Poor Tootie is scratching and licking and I know she wants out but it's pouring down. Did you have any chamomile tea on hand? She and I will have to have a little tea party when we get together again!

My friend called last evening saying that her TV had pooped out and she had bought a new one but couldn't get it working- could I help? So Tootie and I went to visit our friends. We finally phoned tech support and it was her Roger's box needing to be rebooted. So we celebrated by sharing a lovely alcoholic slushy. Watermelon and Dragon fruit made by.... can't remember. But since I had a 30 min. drive home, I just waited for a while. .. and watched TV.

I have a really painful ingrown toenail so I think I will try to get to see a podiatrist.

Info I got from the CPA yesterday took me on a wild emotional ride. I am firing her today. Found a more reasonable replacement right here in Waterloo.

Need to re-assess the getting up thing. See you later, folks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone. We got lots of rain last night, thankfully no flooding but that darned humidity is still around!!

Name:  1ddffbd99ad672b5abf6f9c4a66d72b4.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  37.3 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  54ff8297ed8449caa30c481fa1006574.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  35.3 KB Not a good combination at all!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Haha... Lynn drunk-posting makes me smile

Yep, it's the best! Lynn, feel free to do this nightly!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Yes it will be hot again today, but OMG it will be 38 on Friday!

Very bad night for me.
    Nurse comes today.
    That's about it for my day.

Hope you all have some fun today!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

@GoJays, two scotch! And I felt blitzed! On the flip side, had a great night's sleep until 10:30! @Natalka....perhaps that stuff would cure your inability to sleep?

Boy, did Toronto ever get innundated with rain! Did you all hear about the 2 guys trapped in that flooded elevator with only a foot of airspace by the time they were rescued?! Thank heavens no one was seriously hurt in that storm. It's super sunny here today!

@avoncallingu, that's the chamomile tea I bought for you here....Jenny thanks you for that! But omgoodness.....Honey, I can't begin to process what you've been through with that paperwork! I just might have given up long ago; I hope this comes to an end soon!

@walkonby, chamomile tea sure couldn't hurt! I brew 2 bags in a cup, let it cool, and apply it between her toes and would you believe she drank some of it? Which is also very good for them...kills bacteria, etc. I hope it works for Murphy!

Ok! Time to get on with the day....DD is taking me and her MIL to "Mama Mia" this evening! And tomorrow she picks her friend up from the airport from Thunder Bay in the morning, driving straight to the island, another friend driving from the Sault for a girl's weekend. Her friend from ThBay and I are excited to finally meet each other! Those 3 met each other at work, were all just financial advisors back then, so I never met her friend from "the Bay"...so excited!! I'm baking a big tray of lemon squares for them!

Have a great day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:28 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I have thought about booze for sleep, and maryjane is going to be legal soon...

Nurse just left. Heartrate is 42. BP and O2 are fine, as are lungs.
    Legs are great, now they just have to figure out the strength of the compression stockings I will need. They can't tell the strength of the two pairs I have, they are from Germany. However, someone somewhere has it noted!

Care aide is coming shortly.

Have a good afternoon, everyone!

Thread Information