User Tag List

Page 612 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 112 512 562 602 610 611 612 613 614 622 662 712 1112 1612 ... LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, I have thought about booze for sleep, and maryjane is going to be legal soon...

Nurse just left. Heartrate is 42. BP and O2 are fine, as are lungs.
    Legs are great, now they just have to figure out the strength of the compression stockings I will need. They can't tell the strength of the two pairs I have, they are from Germany. However, someone somewhere has it noted!

Care aide is coming shortly.

Have a good afternoon, everyone!
    Hey! Your lungs are fine, I'd go with the weed, Nat~~!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, there are always special brownies, or cookies...
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lynn, there are always special brownies, or cookies...
    [ATTACH]343700[/ATTACH. ]Name:  F3D6E780-29DA-4444-933C-81652C1E6845.jpeg
Views: 333
Size:  63.1 KB

people say Natalka ... their some shockin good maid ..LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Newfiescreech, I was looking for a dessert recipe to treat the girls this weekend at camp...our DD has 2 friends joining her for a girls' weekend, one from the Sault and the other flying in from ThunderBay...anyway, I found a section in Pinterest for Newfoundland Recipes...192 pins! Thought you'd be intersted in peeking at them. The baked beans recipe #2 is so close to mine! So the rest MUST be yummy, too!

@walkonby, yep...DH printed off the coupon and hopped on his motorcycle to head over to Metro. Thanks for the head's up!

...saw this on that site:

For some odd reason, almost every recipe I've come across and 'pinned' today, has come from the web-site:
    Rockrecipes.com, then it hit me: the "rock" he's referring to is Newfoundland! Duh!!
    Oh, what a beautiful collection of recipes: I just pinned the pea soup with "doughboys", and the cod cakes!!
    For the sake of our waistlines, I'll have to omit the doughboys..
    Rock recipes .. is our old tradition recipes here in Newfoundland..Saturday’s when i was little kid my mom had to have pea soup for lunch with doughboys or it wasn’t saturday..just like sunday’s Was cook dinner ..with salt meat , pea pudding , carrots,turnip .cabbage , potatoes, onion pudding ,parsnips with chicken or roast beef and gravy ..most time my mom would make doughboys for my brother and me too ..what a Newfie scoff we have for lunch on sunday ..you need to roll off chair get from table ..your belly be full to brim with lots good grub haha then on Monday be lots of left overs.. so we have all veggies mashed up and fried in frying pan ..we newfies called it hash with remaining meat or bologna fried ...Fridays was cod fish cook and potatoes.brewis ( hard bread ) soaked over night then boiled , fat back pork fried with onions ..throw fat back pork on your brewis and onion and it was sooo yummy ..older generation still does those meals now .
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hahaha.....well, @walkonby, either it's mistaken that mower for tall, dark, handsome and noisy and fallen for it, or it loves freshly mowed grass! Too cute!!
    @Newfiescreech, yep, they had a really great time! I hope you get to do the same one day!!! Ahhh, bucket lists...what else is on yours?

Does anyone else have a bucket list???
    Ohhhhh yes ..i got bucket list .things i want do before i die .. go to Europe , Paris , England .im checking things off as i do them ..each year i do one thing from my bucket list .. so right now i have about 12 more do and my list will be done..unless i comes up with few more things do ..lol
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Natalka and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Another gorgeous day, but calling for rain....which, as Avon has become familiar with, the clouds usually part over us....

Not a busy day, I'll make those lemon squares for the girls (or cookies, which may easier for them to just grab)......

DD took her MIL and me to see Mamma Mia last night and it was wonderful....a lot of "goosebumpy scenes" as she described...we all held back tears many times. SO well done! I hope there's another one in the works, this one outdid the first! So fun to see Bjorn on the piano again in it! We had dinner prior to the movie at Milestones, a glass of wine at the movie....I encourage everyone to see that movie! The first one may be available at local libraries now.....

@Newfiescreech , welcome back....those dinners your Mom made sound like wonderful, rib-stickin' old fashioned comfort food made with love! My Mom also was a wonderful cook, baker....they used what was available, leftovers were magically transformed into yummy dinners....no kale, no keto, paleo, and we all ate well and were healthy, active kids! I hope you conti ue to knock things off your bucket list!

Enjoy your days, everyone!
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, glad you had a great night out!
    I loved the first movie, look forward to seeing the second.

Another hot day today, glad I can manage to keep the house relatively cool during the day.

Milan dropped by for supper yesterday, but was too tuckered out to stay much longer for a visit. We always have to remember that he has to then go all the way across the city, then it's 45 minutes on the highway for him to get home.
    He has had enough of that commute and is hoping to move back to the city next year.

Have a Fab day, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn, glad you had a great night out!
    I loved the first movie, look forward to seeing the second.

Another hot day today, glad I can manage to keep the house relatively cool during the day.

Milan dropped by for supper yesterday, but was too tuckered out to stay much longer for a visit. We always have to remember that he has to then go all the way across the city, then it's 45 minutes on the highway for him to get home.
    He has had enough of that commute and is hoping to move back to the city next year.

Have a Fab day, everyone!
    Nat, I hope Milan can move closer to home; I'm sure he worries about you and your DH and wishes he could do more. We're so blessed that our DD just lives about 3 blocks away....it'll be so great when he's back in the city. Take care, Kiddo!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whew! I've made my easy lemon squares (don't you love the smell of lemons in your kitchens?), then made sponge toffee, or sea foam, or "that stuff in a Crunchie bar", so I am taking a lemonade break.

How's everyone else doing??

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Good day all. Was up bright and early for my appt. Then I got a call that it will be re-booked to another day as some staff called in sick. Boo to that! I mentally prepare for these visits, as well as shower and groom. lol!!
    Things happen for a reason!!
    Just happened to be wearing my Blue Jays Jersey today when I went to my re-booked appt. and who was signing autographs
    for a full hour at Rona's fairly close to where I was???? KEVIN PILLAR!!!
    I had JUST made it into the " velvet roped area " after standing in line for 1 1/2 hrs. Yippee!!
    He signed an 8 x10 colour pic for me and I got a photo taken with him.

sigh....swoon!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I am SO jealous! What a wonderful circumstance!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Things happen for a reason!!
    Just happened to be wearing my Blue Jays Jersey today when I went to my re-booked appt. and who was signing autographs
    for a full hour at Rona's fairly close to where I was???? KEVIN PILLAR!!!
    I had JUST made it into the " velvet roped area " after standing in line for 1 1/2 hrs. Yippee!!
    He signed an 8 x10 colour pic for me and I got a photo taken with him.

sigh....swoon!!!
    Oooohhhh...he's PURDY!!! So many things had to align for that to happen, Walks.....ain't life amazing??

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Newfiescreech, walkonby and dededi like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Thread Information