User Tag List

Page 670 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 170 570 620 660 668 669 670 671 672 680 720 770 1170 1670 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Jays, I missed you, I just didn't say it out loud - I just thought you were living life.

Good morning, everyone!

Busy day for me with a nurse coming this morning and physio in the afternoon.

Found out very good news that the new compression stockings I need will be covered by a provincial program - SAIL, Sask. Aids to Independent Living. That is a huge cost saving for us.

We have either a very high threshold for internet, or it is unlimited - our bundle is at a grandfathered price, which would go up significantly if we changed anything. We pay 105 for internet and basic cable. Internet is not uber-fast, but quick enough for our needs.

No offence to the stoners out there, but pot becoming legal just makes me sick. I do not have a prob with medical use.

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Oct 16th, 2018 at 10:33 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka! SC is my life!

Good news about the stockings, eh? I have heard that those are very expensive. And I agree 100% with you about the pot users. It's a disgusting smell and I don't need the kids getting stoned on second hand smoke. It makes me so angry that this was legalized. I wonder if the Conservatives will repeal the law in a year's time?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Jays, the stockings I use are $100 a pair and one is supposed to use two pairs only over six months, so they retain their tightness.

Gee, I never thought about the law being repealed...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , that's very good news, indeed!! I have a pair, never wore them, hate them and having to put them on. My arthritis in my hands just won't permit me to do that and I don't want to bother my DH with it...besides: I don't want them on.
    @GoJays , I thought the same thing as Nat..just thought you were busy with the kids' and the many events and practices they have going. Wouldn't be the same on here without you!! Odd that Shaw doesn't offer internet in Ontario...we use Shaw for our 4 month satellite on the island in the summer...must have news and golf! Avon mentioned to me that Eastlink is in her area...might it be in yours, too??

DH is off for his knee assessment, might need a couple new ones...here we go again! Now it's MY turn to take care of him! Finally! Not that I wanted him to have surgery, but his knees are giving him so much trouble now and gosh, can't have a perfect golf swing with bad knees, right?

Oh, if the conservatives pull the plug on legal pot those pot-heads would go ballistic and there would be riots in the streets! Might be worth it, however. My dr said he'd approve me for medical oil whenever I asked for it. For now, I'll stick to Tylenol while it's still working.

Lentil soup is in the crockpot, so off to do mischief!! Toodles!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

w

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

since i'm a new homeowner.... can anyone give any tips on how to have a succesful halloween night?
    re: trick or treaters?

I've been thinking a lot about what I LIKED as a kid going trick or treating but don't know if things have changed.
    I did a little decorating this morning to get in the mood as only a few people on my street have started,

I need to ask my neighbors how many kids to expect but because it's cold everyone's staying indoors....
    I'm not sure since this is a brand new city for me.
    any advice?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!!

So, starting at midnight there'll be not only drunk drivers out there, but drunk and stoned drivers! Oh progress is wonderful, isn't it? Good luck to anyone driving the 401 and other highways tomorrow. The inmates are in charge of the jails. Good job, Canada. I just can't wait to walk through tge campground breathing in that fresh air. LACED WITH THAT NAUSEATING STENCH OF POT.

Yes, MY Pack won last night, no pouting here, @avoncallingu , and @walkonby , isn't Aaron Rogers tge best? Cutest!? He's amazing, just needs to be protected, and so do his talented receivers. I loves him?

Well, have a lovely day, everyone!
    Good afternoon crew! @Lynn49 my heart is already pounding at the thought of my guys navigating their way home in the wee hours with " crazy hippies " driving around all hopped up on the Mary Jane!! ha ha ha .
    But seriously, I am concerned.
    My favourite play of Aaron Rogers was when he pretended like he was gonna throw the ball....but instead ran with it himself and then made a big slide like he was sliding into 2nd base! i thought I was watching baseball for a second.

Welcome back @GoJays !!! limits for internet suck. We are with Teksavvy and have 400 Gig per month limit ( Hallelujah ) with 4 of us that would be a nightmare to police on overages, and I have no interest in being the Sheriff.

I really only logged on here to share this refreshing and super duper adorable clip of a wee dog that is imitating annoying cat behaviour. I mean, c'mon, he obviously learned that from a nasty feline!! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , there is absolutely a nasty cat in the house!! Just the other day when on the phone with our DD, their cat was on their island just casually flipping paperwork, keys, anything that was on that island onto the floor. Not only that, but they have a tray in their living-room where their son put an empty muffin cup and it took it out of the tray, and tossed it onto the floor. I wonder what in cat genes makes them do that? But that puppy is the cutest thing!!

As to Aaron Rogers, isn't he just the best?! And adorable. Can't forget adorable.
    @c_mcarthur , hard to tell the first year, so good idea hunting down a neighbour for info. Kids around here seem to like bags of chips or nachos...beats a tiny chocolate bar, I guess. Other than that, can't help you...I hide with our Jennifur and try to keep her from barking at anything that moves out there, and DH does the ooohhhing and handing out at the door. I hate halloween.

Sooooo...I don't know you...are you young? Middle-aged?....just trying to get the lay of the land here..

I'm late-middle-aged.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @c_mcarthur, hard to tell the first year, so good idea hunting down a neighbour for info. Kids around here seem to like bags of chips or nachos...beats a tiny chocolate bar, I guess. Other than that, can't help you...I hide with our Jennifur and try to keep her from barking at anything that moves out there, and DH does the ooohhhing and handing out at the door. I hate halloween.

Sooooo...I don't know you...are you young? Middle-aged?....just trying to get the lay of the land here..

I'm late-middle-aged.
    lol i turned 30 this year so... young at heart
    I talked to my neighbour across the street but she's not a huge fan of halloween so she was overjoyed to tell me that they only had maybe 30 kids last year.....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@c_mcarthur the number of kids is also weather related.

I always decorated the front window and the outside door, plus a jack-o'-lantern on the steps - stopped using a real candle and switched to the battery powered tealights.

To give out, we also changed to packaged chips/Doritos, but still had chocolate bars and chupa chups. In our city, little kids start out maybe around 4:30.
    We always would make a decision when to turn out the light, but again that depends on the neighborhood - by nine for sure.

I can't stand kids who don't say anything, like just ring the doorbell and just stand there. I make them say trick or treat, or sing - anything - before I shell out (gosh, do people even use that expression anymore?).

We both like talking to the kids and asking them about their costumes - yes, I give extra to those who are sweet, have good costumes, and are genuinely happy about Halloween. I don't age discriminate, either. My son looked 15 when he was 12, so if teens have even an attempt at dressing up, they get treats.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ladies...... I was kidding!
    As for Halloween, my favorite activity is hiding in the dark and hoping the doorbell doesn't ring. I'm with @Lynn49 - I hate Halloween.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nurse was just here for my check-up. 💓 74, BP closer to my normal at 120/82, oxygen 98, lungs clear.

I gained two pounds, but that is no biggie after having lost too many in the previous two weeks.
    Nurse said incision is healing well. I have been using the vitamin e.

Walking is still crap. Gah!

That vid is cute! Yes, usually they show cats being jerks. We have never had cats do that, though.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    The are beautiful @Newfiescreech
    Thank you flemeth .
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    They are wonderful!!!! Such creativity and talent you have!
    I am a puffin fan, way back from when I was a kid!

Goodnight, everyone!
    Milan just left, he helped make a big roast chicken dinner, cleaned up, and now he has a long drive home....
    Thank you Natalka.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Thread Information