User Tag List

Page 744 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 244 644 694 734 742 743 744 745 746 754 794 844 1244 1744 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all!

Milan was here for a visit and supper - and to tell us about the excitement they went through at work today.

You may have heard on the news about the bomb threats today in Canada and the States. Well, his workplace was one of the two which got it in Saskatoon.

He had gone to lunch with another mechanic, and when they came back with their food to the shop, there were cops, canine unit, bomb squad...

The shop had gotten the email not long after they left - like all the others, demanding whatever thousands it was in Bitcoin or the bomb would be detonated. Cops told them right away it was a hoax, but they still had to go through the place, etc.

I read the email, pretty bizarre.

Anyhew, I'm so tired, will try to sleep. I did a very dumb thing at supper - I knew I would have a bit of sour cream and cheese, so had my lactaid pills out of the bottle and ready. However, ate supper THEN saw the darned pills sitting by my water cup. Argh! I cried then, because it hurts so much to go through the pain - but there is a slim chance I didn't have enough dairy to totally blast me. I will have to wait and see now over the next few hours if I get any symptoms.
    I am not a happy gal right now!

Good night!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Really hope you did manage to have a good night @Natalka

I'm off to bed myself now at almost 2.30am lol..

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Pretty scary stuff at Milan's workplace @Natalka . Relieved to know it was a hoax but going through the drill to make sure everyone is safe can trigger anxiety in some. Oh drat about your dairy issue, hope you got away with as little pain as possible.
    I have to avoid almost all dairy or my tummy screams at me..... however... I have added 15 grams of cream cheese ( with no ill effects ) to a small mixture of diced veg and herbs. I fill mushroom caps up and place them under the broiler...Mmmm.

TGIF @GoJays
    Bought a small heater for my nice clean small fish tank yesterday. Why can't they stay pristine all the time?? I am anxious to get some new residents into it.....right now their is a LONE survivor swimming around like he owns the joint!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning all. TGIF indeed! It's been a long week.

@Natalka , hope you were able to get some rest, and that's scary about the threat to Milan's workplace. I heard about the threats and such this morning on the news during my drive in.

@GoJays , as usual, thank you for the morning memes.

@walkonby , what are you doing up so early...?
    Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Dec 14th, 2018 at 07:39 AM.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the answer is @danger_dan ( oh btw ty for that awesome swagger pic of Sam E.!! ) that I sleep in spurts.
    I'll go to bed at a rather normal hour, say 11 p.m. and after about 4-5 hrs feel totally rested and wide awake.
    I won't even try to go back to sleep because it never works....I just catch a cat nap in the afternoon.
    Off to my massage soon, catch ya all later!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hi, all!

Milan was here for a visit and supper - and to tell us about the excitement they went through at work today.

You may have heard on the news about the bomb threats today in Canada and the States. Well, his workplace was one of the two which got it in Saskatoon.

He had gone to lunch with another mechanic, and when they came back with their food to the shop, there were cops, canine unit, bomb squad...

The shop had gotten the email not long after they left - like all the others, demanding whatever thousands it was in Bitcoin or the bomb would be detonated. Cops told them right away it was a hoax, but they still had to go through the place, etc.

I read the email, pretty bizarre.

Anyhew, I'm so tired, will try to sleep. I did a very dumb thing at supper - I knew I would have a bit of sour cream and cheese, so had my lactaid pills out of the bottle and ready. However, ate supper THEN saw the darned pills sitting by my water cup. Argh! I cried then, because it hurts so much to go through the pain - but there is a slim chance I didn't have enough dairy to totally blast me. I will have to wait and see now over the next few hours if I get any symptoms.
    I am not a happy gal right now!

Good night!
    OMG Natalka.. wow ..this is something you dont need to hear ..especially this kind of news about Milian’s workplace .. so glad Milan is doing good and it was only hoax..so many sick people in our world 🌎 why cant these people do something good for other people..not trying to kill people ..good God ..it makes me sick to listen to news ..with all killing going on and its only getting worst .
    Sending my thoughts and prayers that your feeling better soon sweetie.take good care yourself
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  439A709C-2E93-4463-AAB4-FBB5B2379874.gif
Views: 87
Size:  21.8 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good rainy morning, folks!

Up early, plumber came and fixed my drain and installed a new faucet. Yippee! No more buying Liquid Plumber by the gallon!😊

Physio at 11:30. I'm tempted to head back to bed for a little snooze but then I would probably be late.

Tootie won't step out into this deluge. I hope it washes away all the salt they've been adding to the walkway.

This evening is our get together with our long-standing friends group. I'm on for appetizers. The get together got put off because of a death in a family, so, we'll see how it will go tonight.

It's "Spend YourPoints" event Sunday and Monday at SDM. I think my nephew is getting a camera and I might be able to get him a camera case with mostly points. Have to check with my brotherB.

Well, got to get rolling.

See you later!

My gosh, @Natalka -scary business for Milan! Hoping you dodged the lactose issue!

Cabby, we're you up late watching Hallmark movies?😃

@Go Jays- had to laugh at the snoring ad. I would definitely take a hike to the other bedroom when my husband's snoring was bad!

BFN!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Natalka , I hope we hear that you had minimal problems with that dairy, and had a good night's sleep. Scary stuff about Milan's workplace! Why was his workplace targeted, I wonder?

@Dang er-Dan, I agree with @walkonby ......thank you for Sam this morning...some men just get sexier the older they get...like Sean Connery....although he wasn't exactly hard on the eyes as 007!

@GoJays , thank you for those memes...who notices photos on boxes?! Some people are so observant!

I'd love another coffee, but Jenny's in burrito mode, fast asleep on my lap, so naturally I can't move.
    We're having the kids and GS over for our usual pre-Christmas dinner, so stuff to do! It's going to be wonderful having them over!

You all have a great FRIDAY!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Dec 14th, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ( oh btw ty for that awesome swagger pic of Sam E.!! )
    I second that @danger_dan

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I second that @danger_dan
    I guess I third it.... Lynn beat me to it. I didn't scroll all the way to the bottom before I replied to walkonby's post

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I third it for Sam!!!

Good morning!

First the good news, I dodged the bullet with the dairy issue, I stayed up til midnight just in case stomach cramps (and worse) started, but all was okay.

Now I don't know why - I did take the lactaid pills once I realized I had forgotten, but that was after I was done the meal. One must take them before eating, because they provide the enzyme to digest the dairy that one is missing.
    Or, I didn't have enough to affect me - it was about two tablespoons sour cream, plus whatever amount of cheese was in the potato and cheese perogies.

I just never take the chance with any dairy - other than just a small taste of something. It just simply isn't worth the severe pain which can come..
    Anyhow, I was relieved.
    @Lynn49 The places which got the bomb threats were crazy random. His workplace is a relatively small auto repair shop in the industrial area. The other place in the city which got it was even more unusual, it went to a man who has some sort of company but he works from home.

Hope you all have a Fab Friday!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi everyone . I am still have issues staying logged in on SC for long period of times. Not sure what’s going on with my iPad but it’s only on SC that Iam having trouble.
    @Natalka that was scary stuff about the bomb threats at Milian work place. Heard about all the threats on the news this morning. Hope you are doing better and got some rest.

Well it’s raining like crazy out just got in so will spend the rest of the day indoors wrapping presents.
    Have a great day all

Thread Information