User Tag List

Page 789 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 289 689 739 779 787 788 789 790 791 799 839 889 1289 1789 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,835 of 29357
Like Tree118522Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks guys, my first really big goal is to be under 220lbs. I don't have a doctor because it's so hard to find one here but I keep trying.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cabby, I so admire your dedication to your goal!

@Natalka - what a work-out you are getting! I'm impressed with this "team approach " of evaluating your issues! When they write your case up in some Medical Journal, make sure you tell us so we can get a copy!

Some guests had not heard that my birthday party is off, so I have been trying to spread the word.

Have just had a multi-flavored combo -of-all-the-left-overs stew. I won't be submitting the recipe to the Food Channel, let's put it that way. But it was marginally filling and, right now, I don't have the oomph to do more. Today was kind of a "step-backwards" kind of a day. But I have done some paperwork sorting.

I'm going to go and check out the news-then won't have to watch the late edition.

Bfn!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

cabmonk likes this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@avoncallingu - I just assumed all health Care systems ran this way. If not, then we are very fortunate.

Went for the x-rays in the aft, well what an ordeal. Had to go with my bed, then the tech wanted me to just scooch over to that very metal, very narrow torture bed. Sorry, can't do it. I asked if he could get some help to slide me over - and I swear he looked around the room and said there is no one else here. Well, how about in the whole darned imaging wing, then I thought. A few lovely women must have heard my thoughts because they magically appeared, came up with a plan in two seconds, and had me slid over.

Then the pain only began with every 'move your left foot this way, cross your other leg over and lift your knee towards your chin' type of positions which must come from some banned edition of the Kama sutra...

And the tears came and flowed, I could not help it, it all hurt so much as there were so many parts and positions to be in. I was a mess when I got back up to the room. I had rung for help, to get my bed back in order, but when the nurse came, she was bearing painkillers. She said isn't that what you were calling for. I said no, but if I could have them I would. She said she knew I would need them because she knew what they would be doing.

As I have said before, amazing nurses and aides - and nice everyone else from the porters to the vampires.

Gotta go, they just had shift change so nurse will be coming to do vitals.

Luv to you all!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

my gosh @Natalka you have been put through the xray ringer for sure. Anyone would be glad that was over with. Lets hope the images show them something to explain your issues.
    @cabmonk I knew your dedication with the DDP yoga was strong BUT I had no idea it has been so many lbs that you have melted away from doing this all on your own ( so sad that there is no family Dr. up there for ya )
    You are going to reach your goal for sure!!

I am spent! Did a little too much today i guess.
    Nighty night all!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!!

Not a busy day, but going to see "Aquaman" with the family in HD, DVX, CIA...or whatever they are!! Then, since we'll be out we may wander around a little. Or not.
    @Natalka , omgoodness, I suffered with you on that rack they call an x-ray table!! It brought back memories of when I broke my leg in half and had to endure the same thing, although at least I was pumped with morphine it was still almost unbearable when I had to move around with it! The torture is over for you, I hope that all results in some valuable information they can use to treat what ails you. Have a relaxing weekend, as I suspect no other tortures are planned for you for the next couple of days. Physio, however, may be in that catagory...?

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, happy Caturday!

Maybe physio today, but maybe not. Skeleton staff on weekends.
    I will do my exercises anyway.

Hope you all have a fun day!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yay, had physio - up three times, one step with left foot.

Sounds like they are going to be brave and use a lift to get me in a chair so i can have a shower today - my neighbour said it's safe, he has used it.
    Fingers crossed they have time and staff to do this, I would be so happy.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Natalka-hope you get your shower. Does physio have a therapy pool they can lift and wheel you too as you get better and it is safe to do so?-it would be so nice to be able to move more freely in the water. Keep up the great work on your exercises and I hope the Xrays give them some more insight into your treatment! Enjoy your family visits this weekend.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Oh, @Natalka ! What an ordeal! I would be sobbing if I had to go through that! Thank goodness for the angels that showed up to help.

I got up rather late and had a lomg, whiney talk with my BrotherB. He is taking BrotherR to buy shoes today. But I couldn't keep my nose out of it since he has no idea what the physio had recommended for BrotherR 's feet. He fits us in when he can but has a whole list of challenges of his own.

Landlady was to come over with new fluorescent lights for the kitchen since I have been without overhead lighting in there since New Years. So-landlady coming-better tidy up somewhat! Got dishes in dishwasher, garbage collected and a couple of boxes of Christmas stuff parcelled up to store in the garage. Tootie out for 2 poop runs- she seems to need extra walks today.

Now I am back to coughing and wheezing and the landlady says she will come on Monday, now.

Stop whining, woman!!!!!

Doing laundry.

If I feel well enough, will go out for dual birthday celebrations tomorrow with my family. We'll see.

Take care, everyone! Seems like conditions south of the border are very bad with this storm.

BFN!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@avoncallingu I give you permission to whine as much as you need to. We all need a vent release. This is our safe place...ha ha
    @Natalka just thinking about how that " lift " device works ( and I have only seen stuff like that in movies ) I think I'd be nervous about something malfunctioning in the transit......lets hope that is not the case!
    Have Milan search the hallway walls for one of those posters that say how many days they have gone without a workplace accident? Kidding...( I'm trying to make light of this for you )

So far the score is Bell Canada technician : 3 ..............Me: 6
    translation?
    there are just 3 more hours remaining in his " window " to make it here to this scheduled appointment.
    I on the other hand have wasted a precious 6 hours ( yawn...since 8 a.m. ) waiting for that phone call they are supposed to make before they arrive.

Correction , he now has 2 hrs and 45 minutes left to call me. Why did I ever hope I would be the first appt on the list today?

Have a great Saturday all!!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka reading your post about the X-ray ordeal made me very sad I could visualize all the moves and position he wants you to do. I think the forget sometimes we needed time to catch a breath. Thank the Lord that over and the can get to see how to move forward with your treatment. I am also hoping u get your shower.

Well I was having a sore tooth all week and didn’t think anything of it untli this morning I woke up with lots of pain and swelling on one side of my jaw. An emergency trip to the dentist says it an infection may be cause from since I was sick. So got pain killer and antibiotics. Will have to take that tooth out as soon as the swelling goes down. Had a root canal on that tooth in the early 90s .She mention something about a screw. Was in so much pain that I was not paying attention .Have a requisition to go see an Oral surgeon. Seems as though the swelling is getting worse. Finger cross I see better result tomorrow.

Enjoy your Saturday all

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, flemeth- nothing worse than a toothache! The scre w they are talking about is maybe a dental implant. Hope you get quick relief.

Well, police came to visit my neighbours this afternoon. There was a call to 911 because of an incredibly loud and angry screaming match. The police left after being assured everything was alright. Scary.

Going to try to have a bit of a snooze. Door is safely locked.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Thread Information