User Tag List

Page 851 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 351 751 801 841 849 850 851 852 853 861 901 951 1351 1851 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 29355
Like Tree118519Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. @avoncallingu and @Lynn49 Hoping both your fur babies are doing better today.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Oh my, that is very sad to hear about Jake, and our dear friend @22hicks .

I'll keep it short this Friday AM.
    Good morning and TGIF Friends.

Gotta get some work done before a morning appointment, but will be back into the office around or shortly after lunch.
    Will check-in then.

Have a wonderful day folks. @GoJays , lovin' 'Lifeguard Kitty!'
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I will join the chorus of sad fur baby loving owners in sympathy for @22hicks and all that she has had to endure while making that tough decision to end Jake's suffering. R.I.P. sweet Jake!
    I am looking sorrowfully over at our sweet blind 15 yr old ( in March ) shih tzu Rufus and cannot imagine the pain we will face when we have to say goodbye to him.

Today is a nothing day! I have no errands or appts. I could easily lounge in pj's all day, but I will not.
    There are things I could put off till the weekend that I will try to tackle just to say I did something.
    Cooking is out though, I did enough at that yesterday early in the a.m. and again late at night.
    Lots of pureed veggie soup ( for me ), some pressure cooked lamb and stew beef and baked crumb coated chix drumsticks for the family. Veggies? what are they?

Even though there are always plenty of leafy fresh, frozen and some canned options here these guys avoid eating their greens. White potatoes, boxed stuffing and rice are NOT veggies guys!
    Enjoy the day everyone!! TGIF!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning friends! My BrotherB got me a chicken and some clementines last evening and voila Tootie wolfed down those pills! "Chicken? Why have you been hiding it from me?" So we had a very peaceful evening and night's sleep. She has figured how to get at her wound though and starts to lick unless I keep a very sharp eye on her. They have removed nipples and all on her right side-a complete mastectomy.

Well, my apartment has been rented and so now I can pile boxes any old place I want! No more folding up the bed and remaking it at 11:30 because you forgot you folded up the bed.

@walkonby - can I get on your list of "to be cooked for?" You make me drool!

How can it be Friday again? Glad that many of you think that's great.

I have (symbolic) miles to go before I sleep and promises to keep.

I believe that I have Hick' s address if anyone wishes to drop her a line. PM me.

I wish you the best of days!
    See you later!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 09:21 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Thank you, @flemeth , for thinking of our two fur-kids this morning after their surgeries. Jenny is back to her normal self, but we still haven't put her kibble dish down for her yet, since I'm concerned the hard kibbles might damage some of her stitches, so for now, it's her soft food and anything she can scam off of me when I'm eating. This morning it was my keto-legal english muffin with strawberry sauce. I also cut up little pieces of ham because I can't let a dog to hungry for 24 hours on one meal a day; who thought that one up?! Sadist. Non-dog lover, I imagine.
    Oh...and I couldn't "like" our post..kept hitting the like key until it disappeared completely, lol...will try again, just wanted you to know I didn't ignore you.

So! Insulation guys coming this afternoon to re-insulate our attic, so that's fun. I'll be sewing in the dining-room since the access to our attic is in my sewing room closet.

Our DD called on her way to work as per usual morning and afternoon, and related a story of her morning...she had stepped out of her shower to hear our GS making his breakfast as always, but heard a lot more clanging going on, so she went downstairs to investigate, and he said that his dirty dishes couldn't go into the dishwasher because everything was clean, so he emptied and put away everything away so he could put his morning dishes in it. Now isn't THAT a nice way to start the day with one's kid?! Hahahaha!!! Where do they come up with stuff like this to surprise us sometimes?!

Okay! Enough babbling, enjoy your day everyone, it's rather 'balmy' here...the weather, I mean...so Jenny will likely have a nice walk this afternoon.

Take care, drive carefully, those who must, and have a wonderful Friday!!

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahaha...oh, @GoJays !! Does it get any better than this?!....the cheating, lying, stinking patriot's now have an owner, Robert Kraft, arrested for soliciting sex..prostitutes!! Oh, love it!! a Krafty John!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Back to visit. Yes, @flemeth , thank-you for your concern about our furry friends. Although it is "warmish" our little patio and "walking path " of to the side is a complete sheet of ice. Poor Tootie can hardly put her feet in a position to squat and just doing that must be very uncomfortable for her. I have shovelled down to concrete on a very small patch on the patio but it's not her regular "place," don't you know! So FIX it, mummy!

She's being a little whiny today. She actually jumped off the couch since I disappeared into the bedroom for a moment. The piles of boxes are restrictions her view so I had to re-arrange them a bit. I am on follow-up phone call duty this morning. My tax guy has left a message that he will be in the whole week of Feb. 25. The receptionist told me his assistant was there but she didn't answer so I had to leave a message. Maybe I should call from my cell phone so they don't know it's me. I used to have to do that with parents who didn't want to hear from the school. Amazing how they were suddenly "home" when an unfamiliar number ( not the school) was calling.

Now I have to try to tie down the CPAP lady.

The new tenants are moving in April 15 which is the date to which I am theoretically responsible here. So I have asked the landlady how we go about switching over the utilities. I bet I have to pay for them here until that date. If that is the case, I may just leave the draft-prevention drapes up here until then. I don't feel like letting the wind blow free through here for a whole month.

Well, I better get to it. Tootie has conked out and is sleeping on the couch. I can get some things done that don't require me to be in sight range. BFN!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - oh my ! Is he a friend of Trump's?
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good afternoon folks...
    ogt back into the office well before lunch...and as usual for a Friday...the work load comes pouring in!

Have a wonderful rest of the day folks. I bit of a warm up for the weekend!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone!

Just finished lunch. Not a lunch I chose, but it was good.
    Most of a half cup of what they call borscht, it's really veg soup with a few chunks of beets thrown in; a salmon salad sandwich, which is really good since they use real salmon fillets; little teeny blueberries, which are awesome - they are a frozen product but they are scrumptious.

Breakfast was just a bran muffin, so I was pretty hungry. My tummy is still growling... I do have snacks - some healthy, some not.

Two physios came for a session with me mid-morning. it was very bad. I could barely get to standing, then could walk very little. So frustrating considering I was a rock star yesterday. I am glad that one of the therapists was the same one who saw me walk yesterday, so she knows what I can do.

They didn't push more walking, did another sit and stand without steps, just shifting weight from side to side.
    Then one of the therapists had me lay down and we did stretches for my left leg, which hurt a lot. Part of the problem with me in general is that I rarely let my body relax. My son reminds me of this often.

The PT got them on the hunt for another bed for me - she doesn't want me to deal with backaches in addition to all my troubles. Plus they are hoping it will be at least a little bigger. My neighbour is just over 100 pounds, has the same bed. And she finds it small!

I will try again later to go for a walk, sure hoping it's better then.

Have a great day, everyone.

Oh, someone's grandchild brought in their dog to visit their grandmother. I couldn't see, but could hear the joy! It was a Labradoodle.
    Sigh! When I was here before, they brought in a therapy dog. I have asked them to check if any are scheduled to come to our floor.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Did a short ddp workout today and probably going to go for a walk soon. Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    @Lynn49 - oh my ! Is he a friend of Trump's?
    OOooooo, yes, Avon...very good friends!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , that's the very reason why I enjoyed having Jenny as a therapy dog!! She brought smiles to so many people...heaven knows there's nothing soft or fluffy in those places and she was always such a joy and people always had a good laugh at the way she walks down hallways as if she owns the place, wiggling all the way, triumphantly!

I remember one elderly lady in particular...she never spoke to me directly, but when I'd bring Jenny to her (we'd always ask if they wanted our dogs on their beds if they were in them) and put her on her bed, Jenny would do the turning around a few times, then she'd lay down beside her and the lady would then smile and put her hand up to wave me out of the room to be left alone with her little doggie. I'd step out for a few minutes and stand outside her door so she could have some quality time with Jenny. When my Mom was in the 'alzeimer's area' of our local nursing home I made sure she had her fluffy, soft blanket on her bed.....everything is so rough around them, poor folks....
    I hope something soft and cuddly comes to visit you...
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hahaha...oh, @GoJays !! Does it get any better than this?!....the cheating, lying, stinking patriot's now have an owner, Robert Kraft, arrested for soliciting sex..prostitutes!! Oh, love it!! a Krafty John!

I KNEW you would LOVE that news story @Lynn49 , which is why I emailed it to you the instant I heard about it....bwahahaha!!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I KNEW you would LOVE that news story @Lynn49 , which is why I emailed it to you the instant I heard about it....bwahahaha!!!
    ......yes, @walkonby, I read your emails and showed my Hubby, we laughed...you know me too well...and we know YOU only too well! Thank you, it gave me another reason to rejoice!!

It's so refreshing to hear about men being caught up in a raid instead of those working gals being arrested!! I imagine they were too, but I haven't heard anything about them...he's the big kahuna! Haha!! Is he married, I wonder??

This might get really bad for him:

Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, was charged with two counts of soliciting sex from a prostitute in a sting that led to hundreds being charged. The charges were part of a broad investigation into prostitution and human trafficking in day spas and massage parlors in Florida.CreditCreditDoug Mills/The New York Times

The charges against Mr. Kraft, 77, came after the police in Jupiter, Fla., used video surveillance to observe activity inside several day spas and massage parlors. The police said that the parlors were used for prostitution, and that many of the women involved were considered to be victims. (my bold type)
    The investigation involved multiple law enforcement agencies, and resulted in raids and arrests connected to nearly a dozen businesses in the region. At least one person was charged with human trafficking; others face accusations of money laundering and racketeering. More than two dozen men, ranging in age from 34 to 81, have been arrested; hundreds have been charged, the police said.
    All of the sexual encounters that have resulted in charges were videotaped as part of the investigation, the police said. Investigators, who have been conducting surveillance of massage parlors in the area for six months, charged “nearly 200” people, though only a fraction have been arrested so far.

Mr. Bompartito, who moved to South Florida from Philadelphia seven months ago, said that around the time of the strange bomb scare, he saw young women leave the massage parlor around lunchtime every day and walk around the mall, without talking to anyone or eating anything. He had worked next door to a day spa in Philadelphia that had been raided by the police and sensed something was wrong here, too.
    “They looked malnourished,” he (owner of a pizza parlour next door) said of the women from Orchids of Asia. “One I even offered a slice of pizza to. She wouldn’t even say hi, wouldn’t even say thank you. Just kept her head down.”

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 04:28 PM.

Thread Information