User Tag List

Page 1396 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 396 896 1296 1346 1386 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1406 1446 1496 1896 ... LastLast
Results 20,926 to 20,940 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi everyone!!!! Wishing you an awesome Thanksgiving long week end altrought if you are celebrating or not !!!! Stay safe.!!!! TGIF!!!! My city is now a red zone for the covid 19(starting saturday at midnight and we dont know how many time it will be this way)that is not a good thing..so will be more extra carefull.I have to go to harvest marche for a few things and then iga for a few things too.Then at atm bank for having some money.Wishing you all a great day!!! Stay safe and warm!!!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Hi Woofy Nice to see you after such a long time. I hope you and your family are doing well
    Hi, @GoJays .

Good to see you too after such a long time. All is good with us. We are all safe and healthy.

Ethan has turned 10 this year amidst the pandemic, and has become my best friend, overtaking my hubby's place (which is not a good thing, I know). But my little guy is less grumpy and cranky guy, so much more fun to hang out with. LOL.

Life had its ups and downs. My husband's thyroid cancer came back, and so we are now awaiting for next surgery date. His prognosis is still good, and we are taking it in good stride. It is what it is, and we do our best to not let it bring us down.

I have gone back to the workforce since last March. Now working from home during this pandemic. Went back to one of my former employer. Now working in IT. And I find that I actually do enjoy working. Hahaha...

Hope this message finds everyone well, safe and healthy.

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!!
    Still grounded, lol...3 weeks to go!!

We ordered our groceries from RCSS yesterday and DH picked it up this afternoon...why weren't we doing this every year?! It's so convenient!!
    I did my 4th painting and still not happy with it, so I might ditch the whole idea. At least for Christmas.
    I want to sew new Christmas covers for some toss pillows I had my Hubby bring up from storage in the rec-room so that'll be fun.
    I love how my felt gift tags turned out so they're in storage....and I think I have just about ALL our Christmas shopping done for the kids and the other set of grandparents! I love being done so early!! Particularly with having to order almost (maybe all?) everything on line, even 2 from the UK!
    So relaxing to know they're all here.

Enjoy your weekend!!
    Natalka, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, everyone!!
    We cancelled our Family Dinner this year, sadly, but for good reasons....keep well, everyone!!

Natalka and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, my gosh, @Woofy - nice to have you back!

@Lynn49 - I used to do a Stupid Store order every six weeks or so, because none of us would ever go there in person to shop...

Did an order yesterday, almost half the items didn't come. Then they had done a big substitution mistake which my husband had gone in store to fix, turns out they made it worse - one pack of creamsicles on sale for 2.98 came out to two other boxes of ice cream treats, total of almost $13 - and they didn't come, either.

So I have to carefully construct an email, explaining that all clearly. One thing I must say is when there have been mistakes before, a manager has called back to apologize, and gave an online credit for the next shop - of more than the particular item was worth.

Mobile lab came to take blood this morning. Nurse came later to redo bandages - things looking really good, considering where they were. The biggie is still weeping, though it's not bad. Littler owies are all getting better.

@Lynn49 - lots of people here are paring down plans for turkey day. We will have our son over - baking a ham and making holubtsi - husband is steaming the head of cabbage, can't you smell it?

Tomorrow, high of 26 expected - we have been barely in terms. Will be only one warm day, Sunday will be back to showers, cold, and windy.

My weight is down to a number I haven't seen since high school - makes it at least a 200 pound loss in three years.
    No, I am not dieting. I actually have been eating quite well when I can.

Nurse said I need to eat more. I try!

Take care, everyone!

Name:  you_aint_lying.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  701.7 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Oct 9th, 2020 at 07:13 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka, such good news wrt your weight-loss...I'm trying for 20 which I put on since our Disney trip to no avail and tomorrow Hubby and I are roasting a nice big applewood spiral ham that he'll cut up into smaller portions later and freeze. Then of course, there's the pumpkin pie, whipped cream...but I'll get there, sometimes it's a stutter-start, but I do get it done.

How frustrating for you and your Hubby to have to go through all that when you place a grocery order! They must have some less than educated people doing the 'buying' when really, they should have quite clever ones since it really is a big responsibility! The only problem we had once was when we ordered Annie's Gluten Free pasta (like kraft dinner), they sent Annie's gluten pasta. Really? I'm cured? Just like that?! I called and spoke to the manager and suggested a little education would be in order: when someone orders something specific to their condition/allergies/ailments, that they not substitute anything else. Of course he apologized and said that definitely it wasn't just a simple mistake, that they would be cautioned. No gift certificate, though! Hahaha!!

Holubsti? Oh gosh, I can't remember the last time I made that...and for 3 of you? I'd have gone to the local Ukrainian church and bought some, hahaha! My hands can't quite manage a pan of those, but I have layered cabbage and the rice mixture and I find it tastes the same. Saves our GS from peeling off the cabbage, hahaha! Oh..which reminds me I want to get him a sushi-making kit...he and his Dad love sushi and sushimi.
    Just another fun gift for Christmas....It's nice to be down to those.

Glad you're feeling better, I hope you continue down that happy road!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Oct 9th, 2020 at 07:40 PM.
    Natalka, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

About the weight loss - well, I would trade it all back if I had not had these health problems, since that's what kicked it all off. And I haven't 'dieted' since then, there are just so many times I am unable to eat much, let alone at all.

I like making holubtsi, I take my time. Husband isn't a huge fan, though he will eat some. The real fiend is our son, he can eat them like crazy. I make a medium roaster full - which gets us through two big meals, then sometimes extra. Funny how there are never enough left to freeze (maybe because I don't mind having a few for even breakfast, lol!).

Oh, I cannot wait for pumpkin pie and cream! Another food Milan and I share a love for. Husband will not eat it at all.

When Milan was in school, he wasn't much of a breakfast food kid, but I told him pumpkin was a vegetable, so he could have pie for breakfast! So, we both would!

It's just coming 10, have taken my night pills just now, waiting for sleepy eyes to come. I did have a short snooze this aft, so that probably will affect things, though.

Generally, I have been sleeping better, but it still is really broken up.

Goodnight, everyone!

Name:  decorator_of_the_yea.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  108.8 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Oct 9th, 2020 at 11:57 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Of course, @Natalka , I should have mentioned that your weight-loss came about because if your illness. Not the way any of us wish to lose.

Good morning! Happy Thanksgiving!

I sure miss all the prepping and primping, that usually accompanies this day, but safety first.

Enjoy the day however you choose to celebrate it!
    walkonby, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Speaking of prepping and primping, I just loaded 2 loaves of bread slices ( dark pumpernickel and a sour dough ) onto the trays of my dehydrator. It smells like I am baking bread already..... this will be cubed for the stuffing. We're not even doing our dinner until Monday ( work issues ) so I am chomping at the bit as to what I can actually prep.

The Yankees are out! What a finish it was last night. Call it coincidence? Call it Karma? Payback??
    The HR hit off of NY pitching machine Chapman in the bottom of the 8th broke the 1-1 tie.
    6 weeks earlier that same hero batter ( Brosseau ) had a 101 mph pitch thrown at his head by the same ( Chapman ) closer.
    Eat it Yanks! ha ha
    Lynn49, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning my SC friends.
    Happy Thanksgiving not much happening at my house no turkey this year. With 2 vegetarian DDS and no other family to celebrate with since we are sticking to the 4 of us living in the house . My DH will be making Chicken .

Hoping you all have a wonderful day
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Today my plan is to go to the orchard purchase some apples and go for a long walk in the orchard and after bake my soup and my cake !!!!!
    Have a lovely day all!!!!
    Natalka and danger_dan like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

On your mark.....get set.....GO!
    Into the oven he goes!!

Name:  bird at the gate.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  105.2 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone!

Nurse just left after doing my legs - which are doing well, yay!

She was in full PPE, which none of them had ever been in. Had quite the convo with her, because they should have been it from the beginning when so much was unknown. Instead they got a mask which had to last... Crazy, and supposedly about money. That is crap.

Milan will come this aft for supper. Keeping things simple. Husband is now cutting onions and cutting up bacon to go in the holubtsi.
    When those are done, they will go in the rice which is now cooking, once that cool I will be ready to roll.

Baking a ham, some sort of potato dish, some sorta veggies.
    Will have pumpkin pie, but are usually too full to have after supper.

Wishing you all a beautiful day!

Name:  facebook_1602435849729_6721103094264365479.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  43.8 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Oct 12th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There’s still much to be thankful for in our wonderful country!
    Although I am not often on here, I am indeed thankful for SC friends both old and new!
    Take care of yourselves and be the blessing someone needs!
    ROMEO, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, @Skippy and all the rest who have extended Thanksgiving wishes!

Very nice day. Hosted my other single friend (and her puppy) and enjoyed another bountiful meal.

Watched TV- avoided the news- did some knitting and generally enjoyed the day.

My friend gave me an Australian based book called, " The Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village " Subtitled, "it's never too late to grow old disgracefully "

She said that I will recognize some of the characters in my building in the characters of this story.

A little light reading.

I will bid you goodnight.
    Sleep well, my friends!
    Skippy, ROMEO, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Thread Information