User Tag List

Page 1448 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 448 948 1348 1398 1438 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1458 1498 1548 1948 ... LastLast
Results 21,706 to 21,720 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

Its very mild out loving the last couple of days but would like to see snow on Christmas Day.

I am hoping to go get my fresh veggies and fruits today . Still have some baking to do so might get that done as well today and I am making some salty snacks since we will be watching movies onChristmas day along with a few games.

Have a great day all and stay safe
    Skippy, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

best of luck @flemeth ( see message on your wall ).
    It's snowing here!! So much snow that I made snowballs!!

Name:  snowball cookies Mmmm.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  73.0 KB

Snowball cookies that it.

So to be clear, we do not have any ground snow.....yet.

Good morning @GoJays ! Have you jumped into the Christmas baking yet this year? I recall you're such a good cookie maker!
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Flemeth-you should come to Calgary-We got a big dump of snow overnight-at least 10 inches at my house and still coming down!
    Skippy and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

Today is putting together our lasagna for dinner here with the kids, my tiramisu turned out beautifully! I always stress over the sabayon, but it was perfect. Whew!
    It's an Italian dinner...lasagna, Hubby's Caesar salad, Tiramisu. Hubby's half Italian, so it's fun to do this. I am trying a recipe for homemade Boursin cheese spread which we all love, for our charcuterie board; that cheese is so ridiculously expensive for a tiny round of cheese but after-all, it's just cheese with stuff in it! The result may not be exact, but I bet it'll be tasty!

(Ugh....far, far too many Kurt Browning commercials shilling for stupid chip reverse mortages!! They bring out past performers that us "oldies" are supposed to trust...I'm surprised they haven't hauled Anne Murray out of her house!))

So! Evidently our province's covid numbers aren't dropping, so I hope the lockdown helps. Some people are so incredibly generous, spreading their ugly germs!

Have a great day, everyone! I hope all your parcels arrived, @GoJays , @Skippy !

Enjoy the day, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @HICKS!!
    Skippy, Natalka, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone! This thread is such a busy place on its own! I am glad that @Dang erdan is on holidays and sorry that @Natalka is still having difficulties, and hungry reading about the cooking and baking! @Lynn49 my package did finally arrive thank you! But someone please explain to me why I was able to mail a package to Australia and it only took 3 days longer!
    Finished off the Christmas cards and chasing the cat as he flew out like a rocket when I opened the door to take out some garbage.
    Still much to do but can only do what my body allows. No worries though!
    Everyone keep safe and well!
    Last edited by Skippy; Tue, Dec 22nd, 2020 at 02:55 PM.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Happy first day of winter!
    We did have two days/nights of low minus twenties, bit it has smartened up now to negative single digits.

I took one year of tough typing at the convent, grade nine. My numbers blew everyone else out of the water - and it was a standard. no electric. Our teacher would come around and correct our posture with a metrestick - as well as checking the length of our uniform skirts, which had to have the hem hit the floor.

Once I aced typing, I felt no need to do further classes.
    The next year I got a summer job at a publishing company, they also did local newspapers. That was cool because you typed on film, which you had to develop and take it to the proofreader, and you would get lines with a typo returned.

So my regular typing speed in school was 88 wpm; I remember testing on the first pc I ever used, and got 130.

My last two days were horrid, never cried so much and so long ever.
    Did not sleep at all last night, but I am going to have a bowl of soup now and hope that's okay.

Continue with all your fun - remember I am living vicariously through you!
    @Natalka hoping today is a better day for you.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I did not get my baking done but all my salty snacks are finish made. Hopefully tomorrow I will wrap up the baking.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good day everyone! This thread is such a busy place on its own! I am glad that @Dang erdan is on holidays and sorry that @Natalka is still having difficulties, and hungry reading about the cooking and baking! @Lynn49 my package did finally arrive thank you! But someone please explain to me why I was able to mail a package to Australia and it only took 3 days longer!
    Finished off the Christmas cards and chasing the cat as he flew out like a rocket when I opened the door to take out some garbage.
    Still much to do but can only do what my body allows. No worries though!
    Everyone keep safe and well!
    Glad your parcel arrived, @Skippy .

How's this one: 1 week for two gifts I ordered from the UK, 1 1/2 weeks from Mississauga!
    The ones from the UK used the "intelcom" delivery service...I got notifications like, 'your order (#) is scheduled to be delivered in the next 3 hours by (driver's name), you're number 27 out of 64 deliveries'. They're absolutely amazing!

After directing my Hubby in the assembly of our lasagna and helping clean up, I had to nap....almost 2 hours! It took that much out of me, so I know what you mean.

I wanted a cheese spread on our tray tomorrow, but not plain cream cheese, so I found a recipe for faux Boursin and whipped it up. It was difficult to determine the taste since the ingredients didn't meld yet, but I'm sure it'll taste pretty nice, if not bousin-like.

Resting for the remainder of the day, tomorrow all I have to do is iron the tablecloth I sewed and set the table! I could never do what we did today and entertain!

Pacing ourselves, right, Skippy? 😊
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , I haven't had time for much of anything, but I'm trying to get at least some baking done. I told the family to choose one favorite cookie each that I've made in the past and I would make that for them, so muddling through that in between work, grocery shopping, oil changes, gift wrapping, etc. I can hardly wait til it's over.
    @Lynn49 , still waiting on one parcel from the US for DH. According to the tracking, it hasn't left Vegas yet. Oh joy.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh my... @GoJays This pandemic is hitting everyone, those with kids, well I have clearly forgotten how much work it all is.
    Making each family member their favourite cookie is totally fine. It's the running around that depletes us.
    Your Christmas sentiment is surely felt by many others. " I can hardly wait till it's over "
    Hang tight, find strength in those memes you grace us with everyday.

I am up....hmmmm why AM I up?
    Oh yes, need to make another lemon/blueberry loaf, that first one didn't stand any chance of survival.

Much later tonight we are having a " pre-pre-Christmas nosh. ".
    Our only house guest for the next 3 days ( DS#1 ) is arriving after his work day to join our bubble. Sigh....must restrain myself. Elbow touches only.
    Single people must feel the isolation. Working from home, nearly everything can get delivered to the door, face time with family, zoom meetings, binge watching overload.......Human contact... what is that? There are days I doubt whether this existence is sustainable?

Well that lemon loaf isn't going to make itself....time to boogie! Whatever gets all of you through the Season....embrace it!
    drink it, eat it, order it, *ogle it, watch it, cuddle it ( pets only! ), build it, cook it. You get the point.

Name:  Kurt!.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  64.5 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good blowy morning!

My "Like" thingy isn't working, so consider yourself Liked!

It's just a tidy-up day before our kids arrive...can't wait!!

@GoJays , I sure hope your last parcel arrives by some miracle, perhaps it's on its way, and the tracking just hasn't been updated. Fingers crossed. As to your cutting back on baking, I've learned, not of my own choice however, that what we've always thought were so important weren't really the important things...that being together, even with cutting back on those things, is just as wonderful.
    You DO sound like our Daughter in some ways...if only she could wave a magic wand to Christmas day! 🥂 Cheers, Jay's!

Ok! Time to move along, Hubby want to vacuum, I have to disappear or wear a mask (which has come in handy, who knew?!) because of my asthma.

Enjoy the last days of chaos, it'll be far too quiet and dark outside at night when all the pretty lights go out.
    Natalka, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello my friends!

Here we are at Christmas Eve Eve.

Delivered my BrotherB's families gifts to them today and picked up mine. We'll Zoom open them on Christmas day.

Tomorrow I will take my BrotherR's gifts and couple pieces of cheese and onion pie. That's a tradition in our family on Christmas Eve before we usually go to church. Our church will continue zoom services tomorrow night and they have also added a short service on Christmas day.

I have wrapped all the gifts for people I will see/ zoom with this weekend.

We're expecting snow-maybe lots of it starting tomorrow. I'll have to unearth my shovel again to clear spots for Tootie and her friends.

I will preparing a very basic Christmas dinner for myself and my in-building friend on Friday.

I had major plans for "making" various gifts for Christmas. I guess if I am going to accomplish that, I had better start right after this Christmas for next Christmas. My mind has many more plans than my body can accomplish.

Tootie has been holding on but her breathing has been challenged at times. She's still my sweetie-pie and skips her way along, doing her "celebration" dance after she "achieves" what she needs to outside.

She does wake me up at various times in the night to go out to pee. I was able to set up an appropriate system on my balcony when she just needs to pee. Whew.

Take care- stay safe and Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, you busy elves!

I am better somewhat, a little step.

Husband just came home from getting groceries, now went to pick up supper. I will get my turkey meal.

We celebrate the 24th, hoping to do a few pans of squares tonight - it depends on husband, if he can help.

Take care, all!

Hugs to everyone!

Name:  facebook_1608722822953_6747472571215692490.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  137.9 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Dec 23rd, 2020 at 07:40 PM.

Thread Information