User Tag List

Page 1467 of 1959 FirstFirst ... 467 967 1367 1417 1457 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1477 1517 1567 ... LastLast
Results 21,991 to 22,005 of 29371
Like Tree118542Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, y'all!

So, the polar vortex has decided to pay us a visit, hopefully not for long...
    The only bonus for dealing with the frozen temps is the lovely bright sun we get!

So, a repeat of bad health news for me. I have been getting my Cobands changed once a week, my skin has been clear - albeit very fragile.
    Home care nurse came yesterday morning. As she was readying supplies, I told her how nice it had been the past week to have had only one minor incidence of pain.

...then, she cut into the stocking. Huge blister at the front, big one at the back. I just started bawling... She did stocking number two on left leg, big blisters front and back. So I just lost it, pretty much...Thought that was one thing I could consider over and done with, that I would be able to move on to stockings... But, no.

Just unbelievable to me! Crap!

Through the week, I had two phonecalls from the physiotherapist, and she is coming Monday aft. This is to deal with this freaky odd pain I have been getting on my back left thigh. Not my back, not my knee. It feels like boiling water is being poured on my skin - honestly the worst pain I have ever had. I can do - or not do - things which avoid the pain from mostly coming, but then that is crappy too.

Sorry to pour out the yuckies - just be glad I don't tell you everything!

Xoxoxo to each of you. Stay safe.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1611001277941_6757029104073668746.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  106.3 KB
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Darwinism in action.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good day, y'all!

The only bonus for dealing with the frozen temps is the lovely bright sun we get!

So, a repeat of bad health news for me. I have been getting my Cobands changed once a week, my skin has been clear - albeit very fragile.
    Home care nurse came yesterday morning. As she was readying supplies, I told her how nice it had been the past week to have had only one minor incidence of pain.

...then, she cut into the stocking. Huge blister at the front, big one at the back. I just started bawling... She did stocking number two on left leg, big blisters front and back. So I just lost it, pretty much...Thought that was one thing I could consider over and done with, that I would be able to move on to stockings... But, no.

Through the week, I had two phonecalls from the physiotherapist, and she is coming Monday aft. This is to deal with this freaky odd pain I have been getting on my back left thigh. Not my back, not my knee. It feels like boiling water is being poured on my skin - honestly the worst pain I have ever had. I can do - or not do - things which avoid the pain from mostly coming, but then that is crappy too.

Damn it, @Natalka ! What awful surprises!! I'm so sorry for you, Hon. I would hope that if your physiotherapist finds any reason for concern that he or she calls your doctor for a proper diagnosis. You have my email if you want to vent....I've done my share on here, too, so I can certainly understand your frustrations and disappointments. {{{Virtual hugs 💕}}}
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jan 21st, 2021 at 02:28 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    thanks ladies!! I always knew I had your full on wine support. So....what pairs well with homemade meat pie?

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/83292-...7/#post7111538
    Well...if we're to obey those old rules about red with red meat, white with white meat, that'll be it.
    Of course, being rebels I think we can sip anything we want, any colour we want! Just try and stop us, eh?

I just...like...need you to send one of those meat pies over.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh boy, Natalka, you can't catch a break. I'm glad the nurse and physio come to you but wish they could give you better news. Don't worry about "ranting" to us! I know that it helps to talk about things.

I have been helping the son of my friend to clear out her apartment. I have been hemming and hawing about getting an unsalted supply of water. A reverse osmosis unit was going to cost me over $2000, which I certainly didn't have on hand. My alternative was to buy bottled water which is unsalted but which I had a problem with environmentally.

Well, this friend had a reverse osmosis system and her family is selling it for $250. I will have to pay a plumber but I would have had to have done that anyway. Her son is such a peach! Just wish I was 30 years younger or vice versa. He is going to help me to get my Christmas bins into my storage closet too.

So- I had better get on with taking down my Christmas tree.

Have a good evening!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good day, y'all!

@Natalka it seems as though you can’t catch a break from all these Owies and pain . I am very sorry you have to be in so much pain constantly. I must say you are a strong woman with all you go through. Don’t feel bad for venting here we are all here for each other in the happy times and sad times that’s what friends are for. Hoping your owes heal and you are in less pain.
    Skippy, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Skippy and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, @flemeth , everyone!

6:30, enjoying my Keurig, because I've been up for a couple of hours trying to fall asleep again without success.

Enjoy your day! Stay home, stay safe.
    Skippy likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth and @Lynn49
    And big hugs to you @Natalka
    Skippy, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

looks like i'm late for the morning rush.
    morning all.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

TGIF to you hard-working ones!
    Everyone else, enjoy your freedom as usual!

Thanks to everyone for sharing the love!

After five nights/days of literally not having sleep for more than a cumulative of an hour per day - I SLEPT! Husband had gone to pickup supper, he said he talked to me and told me it was here, but I guess I told him no, not then, sorry. I had had nausea since Tuesday, which was quite bad. I sure don't want food when I feel that way...

I was able to eat a piece of chicken, but that was it - protein first!

That is enough for now.
    We got a skiff of snow, but at least it won't be windy. More snow later.

Take care, all of you. Thanks for taking such good care of me!
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1610997732953_6757014235316705555.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  58.3 KB

For me, it's tea these days. I miss coffee, but it's a no-go for me, smell and taste gross me out since the last time I was in hospital.
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jan 22nd, 2021 at 08:28 AM.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Busy morning in here already! Friday again huh? Where do the days go?
    Such a bummer to wake up too early and have no luck dozing back off. Hope you were successful in grabbing a few of those missing zzz's back @Lynn49
    @GoJays ....that fellow " Chris " has probably used up much of his printer ink reaching out with his very curious posted signs detailing his issues. He could sure use a stranger to meet him at 4 p.m. every day to solve them....am I right?
    @avoncallingu good luck getting your new water system installed. Sounds like you scored a considerable discount.

So....( shhhh )....but it's trying to snow here atm. If I whisper about it perhaps it will stop.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
    Skippy and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information