User Tag List

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sweet sparrow -the fine hoops some loyalty programs have to check account information for accountholders can be really annoying. Sorry to hear of the $60 points loss-may the Universe give you $60 in some other format (preferably cash!) soon.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was a win! Pintys chicken (free from sdm redemption) perogies and green beans. Leftovers probably won't make it past 10pm. Oldest has already refilled his plate. Finishing the dishes then starting laundry then cleaning bathrooms.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

A blah day around here today. Looking forward to our trip to London tomorrow but not to my Doctor's visit as I am not expecting good news. Oh well, life goes on and I just have to live it one day at a time.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ciel it is kind of hard measure differences between me and my sibs as they all lived with Dad and I I lived with Mom and each living situation was different. I grew up with a single Mom and over the years money was an issue on/off which I think is what made me the person I am today but to be honest in no shape or form can I complain because I was spoiled.

I was the first Grandchild on both sides, first Great Grand child and I was a girl and my Oma had 4 boys trying for a girl. When my grandparents sold their farm there were boxes upon boxes of my old clothes that still had tags because I had so many I just could not wear them all. Nanny bought me the realistic every day play clothes and Oma I was her little doll to dress up.

As well for quite a few years we lived with my Mom's family on the farm so I pretty much got what I wanted when I wanted. If I asked Mom and she said no I went to Nanny, if Nanny said no I went to Gramdpa (my great grand father) if he said no I went to Hezy (My grandpa, Mom's Dad) and he never said no. In his eyes I could do no wrong and I can remember being a small child and my mom yelling at me for something (probably trying to sneak into the fields to play with the cows) and Hezy yelling "Oh Kimmy stop she didn't do anything wrong." My Mom actually told me a few years ago she has no idea who I turned out so well considering my up bringing and for most of my younger years I was constantly told I could do no wrong and all I had to think is oh maybe I want that and someone bought it for me. It wasn't until I was older and we were living separate from grandparents that the money issues started, but my grandparents did still spoil me as Mom usually tried to hide her money issues from them.

Then as a teenager when I started working is when I always had money (because I wouldn't spend anything I made) and because of this was able to start covering bills and was usually able to come up with the money if Mom ran short.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    I am hoping to get all the house cleaned today.. and leave my weekend free for the home show.. and chilling
    Middle child is having friends over tomorrow...
    middle and youngest are n exams today.

just cashed out for another gc from sb. that makes 100 this month. 25.00 was due to the shop and earns. but I will take it.

I need to do a bit with coupongin... I am jsut not finding any motivation....
    could be I am heading into a lower grocery spending month... full freezers and pantry.. so I am not that motivated to do anything... mmm. I need a kick in the pants..

might go see about some starter envies... or basic trades..
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    A blah day around here today. Looking forward to our trip to London tomorrow but not to my Doctor's visit as I am not expecting good news. Oh well, life goes on and I just have to live it one day at a time.
    Hoping you can deal with whatever comes...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes, snow.... we got snow, with more to come

Good morning! Happy Friday!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka we got a skiff of snow last night. It’s going to be very windy today, currently 37km/hr before wind gusts.

Our two boys were up way too early this morning, which means I was too. I just put the third load of laundry in the wash. I plan on doing more as the day continues. I’m hoping to get some good sleep this weekend.

Lunch today will be scrambled eggs, pancakes, and fresh fruit.
    I need to meal plan. I have lots of food in the house, just don’t know what to make. I really should roast something...whole chicken, turkey, or ham...but then I have to be prepared to do multiple meals with it and have enough room in the fridge.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jan 26th, 2018 at 02:53 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend. Can't wait till this work day is over!
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Arrived home last night from a lovely vacation-just need to get used to the cold weather again. I think DH missed me! Flew home with my friends with the 3 year old and 7 year old twin boys and we took up a whole row in the plane-originally I was sitting in a different seat and they had a lady in the 7th seat in their row. I said to the Mum just offer her to trade to my seat-and once she sees the 4 kids surely she will agree!! I must say the kids did well-as soon as we were in the air, 3 of the 4 were asleep, and what with the juice and cookies they kept giving out and the Ipads and an occasional strategically delivered lollipop-all was well.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Jan 26th, 2018 at 01:45 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought 8 of the PC Bacon at RCSS and received 24,000 PC Pts. Kids are stocked up (think we only had 3 left in freezer) Will last us a while.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I went to watch cara today as daughter-in-law was going to take Ashlyn bowling with a few girlfriends and their kids as its a p/a day -not in the plans Ashlyn was sick so I watched cara and Ashlyn went to doctor with daughter-in-law ,Ashlyn has toncilitus or the beginning of strep -uggg I didn't kiss her or go near her at all so lets hope I don't get this ,just got home now at 3.00 p.m .I did 2 loads of laundry for my daughter-in-law and gave Ashlyn a few freezies to take home -poor little one she feel asleep in the car when I got a ride home and I only live 14 minutes form my son house,my daughter-in-law brought back a fewgrilled cheese from timmie for her and I and Ashlyn -as I gave her a buy 1 get 1 free cpn .So I will make supper for hubby as I am not hungry
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Bought 8 of the PC Bacon at RCSS and received 24,000 PC Pts. Kids are stocked up (think we only had 3 left in freezer) Will last us a while.
    Or ... that would make one honkin' BLT!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Or ... that would make one honkin' BLT!!!
    Don't give them any ideas!!! lol They are already eating everything in sight!
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I went to watch cara today as daughter-in-law was going to take Ashlyn bowling with a few girlfriends and their kids as its a p/a day -not in the plans Ashlyn was sick so I watched cara and Ashlyn went to doctor with daughter-in-law ,Ashlyn has toncilitus or the beginning of strep -uggg I didn't kiss her or go near her at all so lets hope I don't get this ,just got home now at 3.00 p.m .I did 2 loads of laundry for my daughter-in-law and gave Ashlyn a few freezies to take home -poor little one she feel asleep in the car when I got a ride home and I only live 14 minutes form my son house,my daughter-in-law brought back a fewgrilled cheese from timmie for her and I and Ashlyn -as I gave her a buy 1 get 1 free cpn .So I will make supper for hubby as I am not hungry
    I woke up DS for school today and he tells me "I think I have a PA day today" I sort of remembered lol. I texted his friends mom and sure enough it was true lol. Told him he may as well get up and shower and get dressed then he could relax so he did lol. So happy I don't have to worry about a sitter etc for him on days like this. I went home at lunch and checked on him and made him lunch

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information