User Tag List

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    What a difference a week makes, my dad died suddenly last Wednesday morning and he was just 71. He had been recovering well from the knee surgery so we are all in shock. Mom is with us for a while and then we need to return to the business of life. But it's just so overwhelming and it was unexpected.
    Catching up here makes life seem normal again.
    My heartfelt condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My newest Daycare girl is leaving my care at the end of the month. Her mom’s employment situation changed and she no longer requires childcare services in my community. I’ve updated my advertisement and hope to fill the spot before May 1. I have made arrangements to meet with one potential new Daycare parent next week.
    This is why you have been on my mind! I hope you fill the spot.

Speaking of financial blunders... @sweet sparrow perhaps you will find encouragement here... my husband was duped in a phishing scam (we think a fake Apple email). The short. He uses iTunes for work. We have a credit card for only his work. The checks weren't covering the charges. After months of frustration, I monitored and said did you purchase ___ today on iTunes? No. An account created in our name with our card that we didn't have access to. Neither fraud for CC or Apple would cover the charges. Ouch. It was enough to hurt, but not enough to break us. Our tax refund has covered the rest of the debt and we are relieved.

Miraculously during this time we have had some windows replaced and our siding done. All paid in cash, no debt. We also had a car given to us, which was another need. Keep the faith friends!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Granger I’ve been thinking about you too. I’m trying to stay motivated to keep applying for teaching contracts for the 2018-2019 school year. In the meantime, I’m continuing with my home daycare. Giseldta has been able to provide me with advice on some things. Our son is finishing Kindergarten in June...hard to believe. If I still don’t have a teaching contract lined up by the time summer hits, I’ll be advertising more Daycare spots.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Spring finally committed to showing up yesterday-*sunshine beaming*. What is with the new morning low gas price of $1.24/L yesterday and today when earlier in the week it was $1.31/L?
    Yardwork was done, some branches collected and yes I cut that grass (some before lunch and some after more snow melted in the afternoon). I highly recommend outdoor suntime for everyone who has not yet spent 20-30min to play or to do something outdoors.
    Found a $5 bill on Thursday and another one on Friday-made sure they got into my bank account along with some money from containers so I have fees covered to the end of June. Check your local receding snowbanks in parking lots and watery ditches (carefully, there's mud, thorny things and nesting birds there too) for waving bill or floating bills.
    Laundry here there and everywhere. Rather tired of doing it but may get the flannel bedding laundered today and hung outdoors and put the lighter sheets on my bed tonight. Since I have purchased a case of Dr. Pepper, I keep thinking if I can afford a 3lb. pork roast to make pulled pork with the pop-might need barbecue sauce too-in the slow cooker.
    Two purple crocuses are ready to open but the snow rather caught the lighter toned crocuses (three) partially open on the weekend so they look tired and ready to drop. More scilla are popping up too. Tulips remained miffed (no blooms are yet visible) and there leaves have not grown fully yet.

No envelope as yet from Ontario Lottery corp regarding my scratch ticket win.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Great Sobeys trip. $44.56oop, $15.75 in coupons, 113AM, $10 in Caddle rebates.
    highlights from the trip.
    2x $3 Quaker oatmeal cups - $2 coup - $2 Caddle = +$1 each
    3x $3 Marketplace Quizine - $1 coup - $2 Caddle = Free
    3x $1 Kind bars - $1 coup = Free
    1x $2 Dole Pineapple puch - $0.75 coup = $1.25
    6x $2.99 Iogo yogurt rain check + 100AM = $1.24 each
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Apr 21st, 2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

WTG Angela!! great shop.

we dd the Sheridan tour.. it was fab. Met with Sarah's teacher .. they are in the ceramics lab. did a residence tour.. eyeballed some stuff. good to go on alot. I know what needs to be basically purchased. all I can say is thank goodness for PC plus points.... I will be getting a few thing there. Once they touch base in August with the roommate... and each decide what they are bringing... we will go to RCSS on a no tax day.. and point spent. lol.

we stopped by Burlington Art gallery.. what a amazing place and there was a ceramics sale going on.. I got the prettiest blue green leaf.. that is a spoon rest. I always tend to go with practical.. and frugal . so me spending 10.00 on a spoon rest is a tad out of character for me. but its part of my policy of surronding myself with things I enjoy... and it is so freaking pretty.... and reminds me of a really great day with one of my children. So well worth it.

on the way back home made it to no frills. I had a spend 150.00 get 15000 points... seriously good deal . I spent 151.63. lmao. and got the points for the produce as well. so 17000 points. pretty decent. I have a spend 40 get 10 000 at sdm . so I will do that one prob on monday maybe tomorow depending on sale items.

now I am just resting. so tired. and sore.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well I am still waiting my air miles card...Hopefully I will receive it this week!!! Trading in french couponning fb group is kind of different,per chance I have a kodak appareil to take pictures of my coupons and of the enveloppes with stamps and adress.People dont trust each others on those site.I said I am on smart canucks and I had bad comments on how people would be affraid of being ripped.It could happen on fb french couponning group to,no one is protected.But had only 1 bad experience in 42 trades in sc so I know the persons I trade with ,that is not bad. Have an awesome evening and night everyone.!!!! NIce and sunny warm weather today in qc!!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Originally Posted by flemeth
    I also did not know that member until I post in the coupon trading section that I was looking for the McCormick coupons and the PM me for my address no strings attach. @The_Puzzle_Guy is a member if I recall correctly since 2011. I only got these coupons last Thursday. So will have to shop them out next week still have 52 left to used

I had one generous roak to from a member I did not know before.I posted in the fruggal chatter my search for some iams dry food coupons fpc and she give me 20 fpcs,10 whiskas perfect portions fpcs,10 palmolive ultra coupons,2 wm sheet of coupons saving and a note book...I was so grateful and amazed,It brought me tears.Awesome roak that happen 1 time in a life. @
    Cader
    . I shared with friends and collegue of my father those coupons

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I made it-2 days in a row of watching each of my grown kids children -my dear grandkids
    last night son had asked me last week if we could watch the girls cara and Ashlyn -as they wanted to go to a stag and doe -I said don't be too late as I have to watch Sebastian in Toronto on sat -well he was a bit late last night but he gave me the biggest kiss on the check and said thanks mom I needed to get out with my wife -ahhh he bought us supper too fish and chips for hubby and subway for me
    Then we went to Toronto at noon today and just got in a few minutes ago as daughter and he hubby went on a date til 8.15 ,so we took sebastian for a lovely walk and ordered pizza pizza ,my daughter gave me a $25.00 shoppers gift card for coming as she didn't have the money for the pizza,so I inturn bought her a dozen cut tulips as I am so proud of her for her new job ,Sebastian was so excited to see us as we haven't seen him for 14 days -lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyone know if the Nestlé baby program with backpack still exist?I want to subscribe my pregnant friend for some coupons
    Witch site it is?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Speaking of financial blunders... @sweet sparrow perhaps you will find encouragement here... my husband was duped in a phishing scam (we think a fake Apple email). The short. He uses iTunes for work. We have a credit card for only his work. The checks weren't covering the charges. After months of frustration, I monitored and said did you purchase ___ today on iTunes? No. An account created in our name with our card that we didn't have access to. Neither fraud for CC or Apple would cover the charges. Ouch. It was enough to hurt, but not enough to break us. Our tax refund has covered the rest of the debt and we are relieved.
    @Granger: That's horrible! And crazy. Will the CC not cover it because it wasn't reported in a specific amount of time? I have to admit in this age of electronic credit card billing, I barely ever look at my statements. I'm sorry to hear that it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Spring finally committed to showing up yesterday-*sunshine beaming*. What is with the new morning low gas price of $1.24/L yesterday and today when earlier in the week it was $1.31/L?
    Found a $5 bill on Thursday and another one on Friday-made sure they got into my bank account along with some money from containers so I have fees covered to the end of June. Check your local receding snowbanks in parking lots and watery ditches (carefully, there's mud, thorny things and nesting birds there too) for waving bill or floating bills.
    I think it's because I desperately needed gas in the middle of the week. Ha ha!

@Ciel: The most I've seen is $0.05 at DD1's school.

Did I miss something? Did you win the lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    we stopped by Burlington Art gallery.. what a amazing place and there was a ceramics sale going on.. I got the prettiest blue green leaf.. that is a spoon rest. I always tend to go with practical.. and frugal . so me spending 10.00 on a spoon rest is a tad out of character for me. but its part of my policy of surronding myself with things I enjoy... and it is so freaking pretty.... and reminds me of a really great day with one of my children. So well worth it.
    I went to the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington once and found a tiny pretty pink glass vase. I have a weakness for handblown coloured glass. I bought it for $5 ten years ago. I just saw something very similar in an Ikea ad for 3 for $5. Argh!
    Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Anyone know if the Nestlé baby program with backpack still exist?I want to subscribe my pregnant friend for some coupons
    Witch site it is?
    @cath007: Yes, it's Nestle.ca. You can also sign her up at any Thyme maternity. The one near me had sign-up forms and I was able to fill one out for my friend, even though I was not pregnant myself.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Apr 23rd, 2018 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Tagged wrong person. Sorry!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy Sunday all.
    I have got my first load of laundry out on the line. bliss. so nice. I do need to get v/ make a new bag for the clothes pins.

I need to do a quick trip into food land .. they have mayo on sale for 2.99 for the larger jar. and hot dogs on buy 6 , get 75 airmiles back. not fantastic sales. but good. so I will use airmiles for mayo. and get a few. we go though a insane amount of mayo
    I am trying to convince Hubby to go to home depot.. I want to get red onion sets... and get some planted next week.

goal is a bit of housework.... then take the puppies outside.. clean off the side deck.... and get some stuff done. it is so nice out.
    and hubby can finish the taxes. because that is annoying me.

I am hoping to get 1 load of laundry out every day.... with the 3 kids doing their own in therory... I should be able to stay on top of it.....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Did not accomplish a lot yesterday other then I got the laundry washed, folded and put away. Also started a new crochet project and did a few more pricing adjustments and some code work for work.

Today as much as I do not want to do anything I need to try to find some ambition. I have cleaned the bathroom, emptied the dishwasher and now have a clean cycle running as I noticed a few little bits on some dishes I had to wash off. Once the clean cycle is done I will re load the dishwasher.

Trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. I feel like we are in a dinner rut we just keep making the same things. Think I will raid the freezers and see what I can find. The good news is the freezer and the stockpile are stocked so I should be able to find some good options just trying to find something different.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have already received our tax returns. My younger sister finished her engineering degree last week and will officially convocate in June. I’m so proud of her! She received a big tax return and is choosing to take her time finding the right job.

I had a $2 sale yesterday. The lady that rescheduled cancelled hours before she was supposed to arrive, again. I’ll be taking the boxes and bins out to the shed today. We are already planning our first garage sale of the season, the only free Saturday in May.

I sorted through a bin of clothes that my neighbour had dropped off. I found a reusable swim diaper in it, so I can return the one to Walmart that I purchased on Tuesday, so saved about $11. I returned the empty bin to her yesterday. While I was there for a few minutes she showed me a couple of things that were broken in her kitchen. She has a boyfriend who lives nearby, but he isn’t very good at following through on stuff. So my Dh went over and fixed one thing and told her what was wrong with the back door and what she will need to purchase in order to fix it. Dh fixed her kitchen sink a couple years ago.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 22nd, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Yardwork was done, some branches collected and yes I cut that grass (some before lunch and some after more snow melted in the afternoon). I highly recommend outdoor suntime for everyone who has not yet spent 20-30min to play or to do something outdoors.
    Laundry here there and everywhere. Rather tired of doing it but may get the flannel bedding laundered today and hung outdoors and put the lighter sheets on my bed tonight. Since I have purchased a case of Dr. Pepper, I keep thinking if I can afford a 3lb. pork roast to make pulled pork with the pop-might need barbecue sauce too-in the slow cooker.
    Two purple crocuses are ready to open but the snow rather caught the lighter toned crocuses (three) partially open on the weekend so they look tired and ready to drop. More scilla are popping up too. Tulips remained miffed (no blooms are yet visible) and there leaves have not grown fully yet.

Spring has finally arrived here in the north as well. We hit 18c yesterday and am hoping for the same today...lots of laundry on the clothesline to dry..take that Hydro One! Unfortunately ...our gas prices have hit $1.44.9 here this past Friday. I am really hoping that it doesn't stay there. What I don't understand is that when oil was twice the price per barrel than it is now ..gas was priced less than $1.44.9 a litre. ....hmmmm something is rotten in Denmark I think.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Did not accomplish a lot yesterday other then I got the laundry washed, folded and put away. Also started a new crochet project and did a few more pricing adjustments and some code work for work.

Today as much as I do not want to do anything I need to try to find some ambition. I have cleaned the bathroom, emptied the dishwasher and now have a clean cycle running as I noticed a few little bits on some dishes I had to wash off. Once the clean cycle is done I will re load the dishwasher.

Trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. I feel like we are in a dinner rut we just keep making the same things. Think I will raid the freezers and see what I can find. The good news is the freezer and the stockpile are stocked so I should be able to find some good options just trying to find something different.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Tasty on Facebook is a good place to find meal ideas! That’s if you have Facebook.

Also what do you have PM me I am a trained professional cook and could give you some ideas or well. Or at least what I have made on a budget.

Anyways it’s only 7:20am here I woke up from an interesting dream. anyways you seem have the motivation if you have put the dishes in the washer and cleaned the bathroom. I have a suite inspection tomorrow and I need to take out the trash, clean the bathroom, do the dishes(don’t have a dishwasher), sweep and mop the floor as well as take a shower and do some laundry. I have no motivation to do any of it besides sleeping some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information