User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We also did take out today. Younger son has been super social in the past few weeks so he was home and we decided a family splurge was needed. I am so grateful this week is half over. Coming back from vacation is hard. DH is out tomorrow and I am out Friday so I think we need a plan because otherwise we could end up ordering pizza and we gave ourselves a very fixed dining out budget this month be the past few months have been a little crazy. Don’t forget to save your PCO. The good thing about having crappy offers is there is nothing to save.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Skippy there has to be a story for the lemon meringue pie, don’t tell us the cat got it. As for the crockpot I plug it in outside in the summer if I want to use it because it really does heat up the kitchen
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I so need this week to be over, I am so tired and exhausted.

We got the dehumidifier last night, I would not say it was light but was not as heavy as I thought it would be. It is in the basement sitting for 24 hours climatizing as per the instructions. We can turn it on tonight.

Originally I was planning to put the house back together tonight after work but thinking I might put it off until tomorrow, I think I just need a night off.

I am off to a different branch today to work with 2 different staff members, it is nice that I can go to the branches again but it is also hard because I am all over the place and just cannot keep up. I feel like I need a week to just do all the things get caught up on my own job, get the house back in order, do some meal prepping and ingredient prep, just all the things.

Alright time to see what I can knock out today. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My bestie and I went out last night for dinner on a patio. A place about 20 mins from home that has been taken over by some Toronto chef that is known for Greek food. It was good and we plan to go back! Have to enjoy this weather while we can. Like others said, can't believe it is August already!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Checkout 51 has a free sample and a $0.03 video at the bottom of the page.

Caddle continues to have its easy daily surveys too.
    I’m at $19.75 on my Eclipsa account.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Left after 8am to go to Walmart. About 20min into walk and closing in on Supercentre, I acknowledge that Ms. Sunshine is becoming hot. Worse after leaving the store! Lots of Band-Aids on sale-the two kinds I wanted were $3.97 each so I got 5pkg. Don't forget to look for any cardboard displays on power aisles as well as in First Aid. Got one box of cereal (strange that WM does not stock a small box of original Special K , as I did not want a family size box nor the Vanilla Almond box and 4 Knorr Sidekicks for quick meals. Was able to use up balance of Visa card (had to sign a slip so there's a chance of 5% cashback!) and pay $6.10 out of pocket for rest of purchase.
    Found a dime on the road shoulder on the walk home. What a struggle to walk now! I think Mapleview visit will have to wait until the heat wave is over. My body cannot take the pain and heat together anymore.

Checked the Longos flyer-members of the loyalty program can pay $3.99 for 3L box of Ontario peaches (otherwise it costs $4.99). Plan to ask Mom to visit the store this evening to get some peaches and check on watermelon prices.

Still waiting on the weekly paper bundle. Had cereal, did a small laundry load by hand, and am ready for a bag of ice to deal with my pain and to nap. I'll be up in a couple of hours. BTW, still no Pepsi Stuff t-shirt-I can contact support tomorrow if it's not here.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Checked the Longos flyer-members of the loyalty program can pay $3.99 for 3L box of Ontario peaches (otherwise it costs $4.99). Plan to ask Mom to visit the store this evening to get some peaches and check on watermelon prices.
    I think that Walmart is selling 3L peaches for $2.87
    https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canad...st-5-to-11/all
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Walmart peaches from last weekend, @HermanH , were a mix of ripe ones (about half) and some not so ripe ones that were crunchy-crisp!
    Besides Longos has the best tasting watermelons of all the grocery stores in town and I expect the peaches to be more ripe than not.

Food Basics peaches about a week ago were similar to the Walmart ones when the box was $2.88 then (at FB).
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Took stuff out to the garbage can and green bin (Mom left a cantaloupe out on the counter for two days and it turned mushy, icky) and my, how hot and dry the air is. No sign of little green frog.

No mail love for me (crickets!). Gift package was delivered (yay) and my own order remains parked. Checked my Visa transactions and the gift package and Disney purchases are no longer pending (guess system waited for the merchants to bank their deposits to remove the "pending" designation beside those amounts).

I'll let my library holds expire tomorrow-there's a new hold that I have a week to get and I'll figure out when to get it.

Women's soccer final (gold medal match) will air on CBC at 8am EDST in the morning! And more live coverage coming up later today on CBC: https://www.cbc.ca/player/sports/oly...yo2020_generic

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS son picked up his new camera this afternoon. He is busy watching youtube videos to learn all the neat features. He is really happy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

long long days currently. i am looking forward to the weekend.

i was able to do a few great things with the kids today. i am going to really focus on stuff for them.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-i agree long days -sebastian wakes me up at 7.00 a.m and says get up nana.

Today took him to walmart scooped a toy for granddaughter,got peaches 2.44 one was soft and yummy ,k-cups .He was soo good in the store i promised him a toy (i like to keep it equal but as sebastian always lives in toronto ,now i am spending a bit more on him as i do on the girls.

Then on to the library in the afternoon ,then seniors day at shoppers i took him for a few items .Then home and i sat in the rectangular kiddie pool with him -so refreshing.lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Aug 5th, 2021 at 09:41 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to bed early. Got an hour of rest. Then cannot sleep! Up now to try watching Olympic Games coverage and surf the net to see if it makes me sleepy (computer has the night light setting on after 9pm).

Intention in the morning is to fill one of the clay planter saucers with water for the birds and squirrels. The heat is affecting all of us.
    I need to find a squirt ring so I can "refresh" my face as I get hot.
    JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New national holiday that applies to federally regulated businesses can impact real estate closings set for Sept. 30 (no banks!):
    https://www.thespec.com/ts/life/home...spec_web_ymbii
    Giseledta and JadeAngel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and getting at all of the things. I am so far behind at work, it is nice to be able to travel (day trips only) and be able to go where I am needed but it leaves me little time to sit down at my computer and get my stuff done.

I am starting to feel a bit better, I have been so tired and worn down all week. My body has been screaming for a break but this week has been a lot of go-go-go. Now to tackle putting out house back in order and being operational again.

I started my morning writing a to-do-list for work and in a little bit I will also write one for the house. I find a to-do-list keeps me grounded and focused.

Yesterday after work Mom needed to pick something up so we went to a No Frills close to the store she was picking up at grabbed a few things. It was an odd mix of sales items and some just need items which mostly ended up being on sale. I grabbed a bunch of stuff that I can just snack on this coming week, I know my schedule will be a bit insane so having items I can just snack on will help keep me on track. My eating has been so bad the past few weeks so many days I only ate one or two meals, no snacks and that is also effecting how I am feeling.

Lots to do but now that I am finally start to feel better I feel like we can tackle it and get it done.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information