User Tag List

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Buy it! YOLO

Was out celebrating Robbie Burns day in my kilt. Nice weather. Even had a family stop in the middle of the road to take photos. Off to enjoy my Haggis with mashed 'nips and tatties.
    JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my older brother .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Uggg not feeling my best today. Woke up just before 3 am, thought it was morning and was wide awake. I did fall back asleep but then did not want to get up when my alarm went off. I seriously should have just gotten up at 3 am LOL. Plus for some reason my sinuses are not happy today.

I would really like to go back to bed but I have a full day of training ahead of me.

I am not sure of my plan for dinner yet, I have some mushrooms I need to use so maybe smothered pork chops with Mashed Potatoes or if I want to keep it simple Baked Potato Soup.

I am trying to talk myself into going grocery shopping today. I was going to place a Wal-Mart pick up order but I could not get one around my work hours and since Mom's car still needs a new battery I cannot send her. Or maybe give up on the idea of grocery shopping for now, we have enough to get to or through the weekend.

Even though it has been a crazy week, I am keeping up well, I am happy with what I am getting done. But thought today was Thursday so it was a little crushing to find out it was only Wednesday LOL.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    Skippy, barbis9 and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! What a cold morning here! BRRR!

I am happy as well that January is almost over! Let' get to Spring!!!

Last night when I got home I power cleaned. Amazing what you can get done when you just get at it and go. Will get at it again tonight once I get home. I told my kid that I would make him lasagna this week but I am thinking it will have to wait till Saturday. So will have to come up with something else that he will be happy about.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was thanked for all of my work this semester as the principal just told me that I’ll be back subbing next week. I’ll be without medical benefits, sick days, reduced pay, uncertainty of my income. I need to contact a lot of schools and let them know that I’m available again.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Good luck angela.

Off in this brrrr cold to get the granddaughters off the bus ,then home at 6.15 when daughter-in-law gets home .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Luck @Angela273
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Jan 26th, 2022 at 03:09 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wish you the best @Angela273

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Prayers coupon girl for both your brother and his wife. Hope he recovers quickly.

We've been moving a little slower around here as well. I've been stalling to go shopping to watch for the PC points offers etc. I think I'll venture out shopping on Friday.

We treated ourselves to pizza last night and it was wonderful. I think we've cooked every night since Christmas day so it was a nice break.

I'm focusing more on growing some veggies at home indoors. I have salad mix sprouts ready to harvest in the next day or two and bean sprouts should be ready by Friday. I have wonton wrappers leftover so we'll make some more air fried wontons tomorrow afternoon. Have a wonderful evening and enjoy browsing the flyers

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was able to get stuff done when I got home (1 bathroom cleaned. Clean laundry folded. Another load hung to dry. Cleaned the kitchen. Cooked dinner (roasted potatoes, rice, green beans and chicken spiced up in the cast iron pan in the oven. I have a bit of leftovers for my lunch tomorrow which is nice.)

Now I will clean up the kitchen from dinner. Put away the bin of clean laundry DS brought to my bedroom for me. Hang the load to dry that is in the washer now.

Then I am taking the rest of the night off!

Have a great evening everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 good luck

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    For some reason right now my body is finding it funny to wake up at random times during the night thinking it is morning. Last night it was 1:45 am. When I wake up, I am wide awake. Let's hope this stops soon.

I am struggling to get stuff done around just because I am feeling so tired. I won't lie, my schedule and planning has given me time to get it done but I am so tired I just do not have the ambition. I do need to find some energy and knock out a few more things before the end of the week to keep on track.

I did not go grocery shopping so I will need to check the flyer and see what deals are out there.

Today is my last day of back to back training this week, tomorrow will be a catch up day and I am looking forward to it. Just a quiet day with me and my computer, knocking things off my to-do-list.

I was going to make Potato Soup last night for dinner but Mom suggested nachos and my tummy went sure so that was dinner. Now to figure out tonight, thinking Potato Soup or Smothered Pork Chops as I still have those mushrooms to use up. It will depend on when I finish work for the day.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    Skippy, coupon girl and crafter like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    For some reason right now my body is finding it funny to wake up at random times during the night thinking it is morning. Last night it was 1:45 am. When I wake up, I am wide awake. Let's hope this stops soon.

I am struggling to get stuff done around just because I am feeling so tired. I won't lie, my schedule and planning has given me time to get it done but I am so tired I just do not have the ambition. I do need to find some energy and knock out a few more things before the end of the week to keep on track.

I did not go grocery shopping so I will need to check the flyer and see what deals are out there.

Today is my last day of back to back training this week, tomorrow will be a catch up day and I am looking forward to it. Just a quiet day with me and my computer, knocking things off my to-do-list.

I was going to make Potato Soup last night for dinner but Mom suggested nachos and my tummy went sure so that was dinner. Now to figure out tonight, thinking Potato Soup or Smothered Pork Chops as I still have those mushrooms to use up. It will depend on when I finish work for the day.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    Fresh air does the body and mind wonders! Being cooped up in the house for days is not healthy for anyone. A simple walk around the block is better then nothing. Just bundle up! That's why I kick my kid out to shovel snow

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Yeah it's Thursday! Work week is almost over and I have had such a productive week so far and plan on getting lots of things done today before the work day is over!

My oldest DS's birthday is mid Feb. I wrapped his gifts on the weekend. I will do up his card this weekend so it is all ready.

My niece and great niece (my niece's daughter?) Birthdays are in mid June. I am done shopping for both pretty much. I will wrap their gifts next week.
    Grandma's bday is in June. Will ask my sister what we should get her- maybe a larger joint gift if she knows of something she is wanting.

Trying to stay ahead of the game!
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -so true i am going to walk around my block today it takes about 18 minutes .
    Way to stay ahead of the game in shopping i have clothing already for the grandkids for easter.

I just talked to my family doctor on the phone ,see i have a bad habit of picking the skin around my nails and was on meds last fall for an infection ,so today i sent some pictures to him of my hand and he said its not that bad ,but if it gets worse next week to call him .

I know its the stress of my older brother being really sick and my daughter and grandson having the virus back in dec .So i am going to buy thin cotton gloves to wear around the house .Maybe shoppers will have them today ,as on amazon people are all saying the ones i looked at are crappy.

My doctor said you are triple vaxed ,we are going to have to live with this and just hearing it from him made me feel better.We need to see family he said ,we chatted for a few minutes and i thanked him for the conversation.

I got to talk to a friend yesterday (not a close friend) who is an anti-vaxxer she has lost a lot of people over this and i couldnt be that person .But what she was saying just doesnt jive with me ,i wont see her til we can sit outside in the late spring to chat .

So i will go over to shoppers today as its seniors day .

Hate the cold days thou ,driving home from my son's last night was bone chilling .It sure was fun watching the girls after school,painting with them ,playing play doh etc.

Everyone have a great day!
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jan 27th, 2022 at 10:16 AM.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information